THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!
get it weighed in liam and get this, its right up your street.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3772212.htm
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:get it weighed in liam and get this, its right up your street.

Bloody hell, I remember those mattig kits, awful!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Will swap you for DILLIGAF lol
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, does DILLIGAF have 1500 quid in the glovebox? Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
procta Wrote:get it weighed in liam and get this, its right up your street.

Bloody hell, I really want that!!
:o
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Hmm, does DILLIGAF have 1500 quid in the glovebox? Wink

No Sad
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A mate of my dad is selling a classic Range Rover Vogue SE that's had the 3.5 RV8 swapped for a 6.5 V8 Detroit Diesel with a turbo the size of a dinner plate...

And he quite likes the Octavia...
Thanks given by:
Had a go in the Range Rover last night...

TOOOOOOOORQUE!!! :auto-gmcredsmiley:

This thing could drive up a cliff face! And the coal it spews is amazing :mrgreen:
Thanks given by:
Ha ha and about 10 mpg to I'll bet!!! You going to have it?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just found out the deals a no-go, John's 46 and they still want £1100 off him to insure the VRS, so he's pulled out Sad

I'm gonna sort out the Octavia and keep it, here's the list...

- full service
- new crankcase breathers
- new sump pickup
- new oil sensor
- new temp sensor
- new thermostat

Problem is, with it being VAG that lot is about £200 Sad
Thanks given by:
Good to hear your keeping it. Im so tempted to chuck the Fabia in for one.
Thanks given by:
stevobeavo Wrote:Good to hear your keeping it. Im so tempted to chuck the Fabia in for one.

Let me know if you do decide to do that, I might have a deal with you Wink
Thanks given by:
Right, latest unreliability update. Done the full service, it hadn't been done for ages by the look of the oil, so there's another f*cking lie the dealer told me. Drives much smoother now, picks up better and boosts without juddering, and seems to be giving better mpg figures, up to high 20s round town now...

Had it back to auto electricians again with the clocks, basically it seems the circuit board behind the clocks have been damaged by someone trying to repair them DIY, and he thinks thats whats causing the soldering to the fuel/temp gauges to keep blowing, so I need some new clocks coded to my immobiliser Sad

I'm so sick of this car now, haven't had it working properly since 6 weeks after I got it, just can't enjoy owning it :crying-blue:

When September comes around I'm probably gonna get a shock with the insurance because it looks like this insurance claim might be going 50-50 for some reason, so I think I'll just chop it in for a HDI D-Turbo, or a '6 if my insurance doesn't go up too much...
Thanks given by:
that's a bummer liam, i would have been interested in your car later this year as i need a bigger car but it's a perv and i know the issues lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
so.. whatever happened to this car??

Have i missed something, im not reading 4 pages of this, but i was looking forward to seeing this turned into a euro'd project
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
It was never gonna get euro'ed mate, I was gonna keep it near standard on the outside and go mental under the bonnet with a bigger turbo, FMIC and an aggressive map. All that can see 270-280 bhp...

Thing is, I've done nothing but sort out issues with it since I got it, and I just haven't had the money to do anything to it at all Sad
Thanks given by:
Just had it out for a really good blast and it is driving much better than it was, it's won me back over a little bit. There's a nice 406 Coupe HDI in a dealer near me for £3000, so I'm gonna take that for a quick spin. I saw it today and the guy said he could probably give me £1900 for the Octavia, I love the look of the 406 Coupe and they apparently drive really well, and much as I'd love a V6 like Scottay's I do a lot of miles so a 2.2 remapped to 170bhp would make more sense...

Dilemma Wink
Thanks given by:
It seems like you've had a fair amount of bad luck - that's what it comes down to a lot of the time.

I've had mine 2 1/2 years and it's never let me down, and never cost me anything really. I still don't think they're overrated, but that's not to say you don't get good ones and bad ones like any car.

Hope it starts behaving, but I can't see you keeping it much longer anyway...
Thanks given by:
This is the dilemma, I'd hate to sell it straight after spending money sorting it out, but on the other hand I've totally lost my enthusiasm for it. Maybe a remap would cheer me up?
Thanks given by:
It totally transforms them, and will make you fall in love with it again...

But you'll kick yourself after spending the money if it does turn out to just be a bad one
Thanks given by:
Might just give it a few months, wait and see. To be fair, there's a lot of good things about it. The suspension and steering is rock solid, no knocks, creaks or groans. The bodywork and interior are totally immaculate, and the brakes are honestly the best brakes I've had on any of my cars. Plus, nothing beats the look on peoples faces when they get out-dragged by a minicab lol
Thanks given by:
Right, a decision has been reached. I'm keeping the Octy until September, I've finally got it running right and I want to actually enjoy driving it for a while, but then it's going to be replaced with a HDI, I do a lot of miles and the mpg is killing me, plus I fancy something I can mod cheaply. I'll have kept it 9 months, which is good for me lol
Thanks given by:
Changed my mind again, it's up for sale tomorrow. The chance has come up to buy back my old Audi 80, so I'm selling this and buying the Audi back (for 50 quid more than I sold it for with a new exhaust, rear brakes and springs and shocks all round fitted since), I've missed it ever since I sold it and always regretted not euroing the f*ck out of it lol
Thanks given by:
Good shout man, I look forward to seeing another new project thread from you Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Yet another change. My insurers won't let me move my NCB onto another car until this claim is sorted so I'm stuck with the Skoda. Just gonna sort it out and get it running right and then see if it suits me, just needs a new cluster and new engine mounts now and it'll be perfect...

I hope Sad
Thanks given by:
Keep the Octy!!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Yet another change. My insurers won't let me move my NCB onto another car until this claim is sorted so I'm stuck with the Skoda. Just gonna sort it out and get it running right and then see if it suits me, just needs a new cluster and new engine mounts now and it'll be perfect...

I hope Sad

Ah that sucks about the insurance man. Sad

Just one thing though....a vag is never perfect....you fix one thing and another breaks instantly..... Doh Just like peugeots...difference is, parts made of cheese cost less! :think:
Thanks given by:
What's the point of making them out of anything else when their no more reliable? I've had 3 Peugeots and the Skoda has had more problems than all of them put together. I kept all of them for between 6 months and a year, and I've only had this 5 months lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:What's the point of making them out of anything else when their no more reliable? I've had 3 Peugeots and the Skoda has had more problems than all of them put together. I kept all of them for between 6 months and a year, and I've only had this 5 months lol

Haha, thought you'd had the octy much longer lol! :o And I've had a 'major' problem with every car I've owned within 2 months of buying them....except the 1.8 306!! Cheapest car I'd ever bought at the time (NAD is now the cheapest)...it came to me with no almost no coolant, thick black oil, had only been driven 4 miles a day for the last 6 years...........and had no problems with it at all!
Thanks given by:
I've always been very lucky with cars, I'm very picky when I buy them so I tend to get good ones, only ever had wear and tear issues really Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,015 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on? THE_Liam 220 68,302 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,112 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully