Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
Ended up buying the brembos as i got them at the right price. Gonna see how much more i can roll the arch. If i cant get the fronts wide enough it might be time to get some arches. Always wanted to avoid becoming another "meatwagon" but at least the arches would be for a genuine purpose. Only other option is to have the front steels parted and the dish reduced up front
[Image: 378184f59102f40971aa530035180124.jpg][Image: 7ac05cec0a3582afc77d8c2dd4b31692.jpg]

So as you guys know the new turbo popped because of my ignorance and reluctance to move it.
Upon removal ive got a prime oportunity to adjust a few things.
Firstly i want to go full sadist on the exhaust housing and grind down the part that is still knocking on the gear link.
[Image: 3ab029ee443f74ae5fae9c322e2676ae.jpg]
Secoundly i want to address the major issue of my chra angle. Few issues did hinder the original movement of it. Oil return, oil input and siezed exhaust bolts.
The oil return currently on the car is a stock gt15 unit. The angle on it was all wrong so had to bend the original that partially nipped the pipe in. Combine this with the incorrect chra angle and it was doomed.
Rather than busting a nut and spending another £30 on a diff outfeed i jumped on the lathe at work and knocked out a new hose tail to have welded on by my wors pipe fitter. Hopefully this will correct that issue.
[Image: ab1313de8170f41c6126fe087f59c5c8.jpg][Image: 7795733a0239b6649f3eb89b7bf5de06.jpg][Image: 394bc21ac1811a543dc518ecf3d77103.jpg]
As for the oil intake im not 100% sure what to do. Im pretty certian its gonna fall short if i try to go for the complete 90° turn i need but i will certianly attempt it! I know the engine leans partially that fingers crossed could play in my favour. I cant see why it would be short as technically with the adapter plate the turbo is lower and closer to the block but i have now got the actuator to navigate passed
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Have you room to put a kink in the actuator arm? The actuator movement won't be affected, but it should give you clearance for the oil feed as long as it doesn't foul when the arm is extended.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 02:39 PM)Poodle Wrote: Have you room to put a kink in the actuator arm? The actuator movement won't be affected, but it should give you clearance for the oil feed as long as it doesn't foul when the arm is extended.
More than likley. Will have a good look

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
[Image: 43783a502082f769eac669b58853d790.jpg][Image: 2b50d7e78a73071502b67dde9b4c3143.jpg]
Ok so the big brake debate, brembos will indeed fit behind my wheels [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
So the test fit went as follows
20mm - not a chance!
30mm - minor scuffage
40mm - completley clear
[Image: 29676dcd248079e82ebfbca31226c3d0.jpg]
[Image: f5ab2e5bbf083a7e2e9819b9cc528b36.jpg][Image: 03d383d0a88a3a8306306dc4546b158f.jpg]
Pictures show 30mm.
So going from this im gonna aim to fit 35mm spacers to sit these correctly behind the wheels. Considering these dont have sliders brake wear does not need considering.

My question is as follows. Is it possible to shave the highlighted area of the calliper 1/2mm? This is a worst case scenario if 35mm is not enough
[Image: 3e309ca961814ed500fc56afffdd818e.jpg][Image: 9b2811a51105b2157f1b396ffa5fe9f7.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't like to say how much you could shave off there as that would go through to part containing pressurized brake fluid unlike normal car calipers which only have a single piston so you can shave the outsides relatively comfortably.

If you have access to a lathe I'd be machining up custom spacers if you need the absolute minimum of offset added.

That said if you are good with an arch roller you can get inches out the front arches, pretty sure that was nearly 2 inches on my BMW below.

Thanks given by:
35mm spacers?! sod that
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 10:38 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I wouldn't like to say how much you could shave off there as that would go through to part containing pressurized brake fluid unlike normal car calipers which only have a single piston so you can shave the outsides relatively comfortably.

If you have access to a lathe I'd be machining up custom spacers if you need the absolute minimum of offset added.

That said if you are good with an arch roller you can get inches out the front arches, pretty sure that was nearly 2 inches on my BMW below.
My rears where rolled with a jack handle and smooth as fook! Fronts seemed to stretch rather then flare or roll. They pulled out by nearly an inch so dunno if i can gain much more. Will attempt it and if all else fails its bolt on time Sad

Spacer wise ive got a set of very nice steel bolt on spacers. Will add a 5mm underneath temp but will be firing up the lathe at work to make proper ones.

Really want to avoid shaving the callipers. Cant decide wether to go yellow or polished....

(19-03-2016, 10:43 PM)welshpug Wrote: 35mm spacers?! sod that
Ive had more on my stance game, at least this is for a genuine reason. Not so i can rock the biggest stretch going......

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter if it's for a genuine reason or not, 35mm spacers are f*cking stupid.

Extra stress on wheel bearings, steering joints, f*cking up all the geometry... Meh, IMHO if you enjoy your car, and actually enjoy driving it rather than it being a penis extension to show off how many ridiculous parts you can add to it... Stop making it worse just to fit parts that really aren't required and you can't do justice... You've STILL not sorted the CHRA rotation issue which everyone has pointed out is an issue, you've popped one turbo due to it and you'll pop another - go read any Garrett documentation and they'll say the same thing, 30* you might get away with, but not 90* even if you do have a downwards kink in the return.

I can predict the story now - fitted brembos, squeel like f*ck, dunno how to sort, now I've f*cked up my wheel bearings and have spent all my money on arch extensions and spacers so can't sort it...

Just put GTi6 brakes or 206 GTi brakes which are thicker on, sell the brembos and just put in some decent pads. You don't need brembos - from everything I've seen of the 406 ones, they're a bit shit anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Think the answer go f*ck yourself applies [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
No need to be a complete wazzok about it, jesus christ, you really cannot take any criticism. EDIT: constructive criticism at that!!!

I've helped you a fuckload in the past with explaining things, I'm only trying to help...

But in which case, shove all that help up your arsehole Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 11:05 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Think the answer go f*ck yourself applies [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Think

"go into a quite corner and think about who is giving you advice, then come back and edit your reply..."

Applies here.

C'mon dood. Man up, you're getting good advice from peeps who know what they are talking about...

Listen, learn and take it on board.

You and your car will be better for it ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hey dont worry about it, i obv cant do the parts justice [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] i obv havnt built somthing different and i obv havnt listened to people when given advise. Not like ive custom made another oil return prepared for the new turbo for an improved chra angle. Wtf do i know right? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Blatentley just a monkey capable of bolting a few parts on and making a car possibly that stands out but more likley to find a home in a scrap yard yeah?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
whoooooooo go ruan Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh justin Sad

And for a moment...I had hope Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 11:34 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Hey dont worry about it, i obv cant do the parts justice [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] i obv havnt built somthing different and i obv havnt listened to people when given advise. Not like ive custom made another oil return prepared for the new turbo for an improved chra angle. Wtf do i know right? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Blatentley just a monkey capable of bolting a few parts on and making a car possibly that stands out but more likley to find a home in a scrap yard yeah?

You seem to think I'm against what you're doing?!

I'm not... I'm just trying to advise that you're doing things in an arse about face way, fitting Brembos which aren't going to fit easily, by ramming on 35mm spacers or shaving the caliper and I'll guarantee Xantia V6 discs is not the way to do things... You did the same with the strut brace and the turbo, you're now doing it with these and appears you're going to do it with the rust.

I'm just saying stop doing things that will end up half arsed because as I said, you can't do them justice because you've not the time nor resources to do it properly - you know this, I know this, we all know this... Do it once and do it right...
Thanks given by:
The calipers are fitted on the wrong sides in the pictures, the bleed nipples need to be at the top of the the caliper seeing as any air that didn't get pushed out at the initial bleeding will rise to the highest point of the caliper.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 09:14 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: The calipers are fitted on the wrong sides in the pictures, the bleed nipples need to be at the top of the the caliper seeing as any air that didn't get pushed out at the initial bleeding will rise to the highest point of the caliper.
Test fit, got no lines, disks, paint etc atm

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Ease up fellas, he's not the chronic lady garden he used to be, he just reacted badly to a couple of aggressively negative posts. Fair enough imo, we all have bad days.

That said, dr jekyll, you might want to get a bit of perspective on what you're capable of compared to the lads giving you advice; welding up an oil return isn't exactly a technical triumph lol. The advice given has been in your best interests to heed, for the most part, don't have a tantrum because somebody else knows better, even if they did present the point like dogshit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 09:34 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote:
(20-03-2016, 09:14 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: The calipers are fitted on the wrong sides in the pictures, the bleed nipples need to be at the top of the the caliper seeing as any air that didn't get pushed out at the initial bleeding will rise to the highest point of the caliper.

Ah fair enough, just so you know for the real fit
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 10:40 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(20-03-2016, 09:34 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote:

Ah fair enough, just so you know for the real fit
Was a quick fumble in the dark to see if they would fit lol. Arrived yestoday while i was at work and couldnt wait

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I really wouldn't bother, sell them on and use the cash for a decent set of pads, its all you need.

hell I'm on o.e.m pads with 200 bhp, they work very well, more than capable, and zero wheel clearance issues.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 09:57 AM)Poodle Wrote: Ease up fellas, he's not the chronic lady garden he used to be, he just reacted badly to a couple of aggressively negative posts. Fair enough imo, we all have bad days.

That said, dr jekyll, you might want to get a bit of perspective on what you're capable of compared to the lads giving you advice; welding up an oil return isn't exactly a technical triumph lol. The advice given has been in your best interests to heed, for the most part, don't have a tantrum because somebody else knows better, even if they did present the point like dogshit.
Cheers. Lol

Just gone to play with the turbo and sort it out bit annoyed as just took the new turbo out of the box and the coldside has snapped away from the chra [CRYING FACE] may have been done during delivery but unsure. Dropped the exhaust side off it to just take a peek and see if i could undo it all and replace the cold side and looks like someone has proper assualted the chra in a previous rebuild. In other words scrap.

Dropped the other turbo off and theres no added play to it. Liturally just a popped seal so looks like im gonna rebuild her.
Im also afraid guys it was my own idoitic idea of bending the oil feed the killed the seal and not the chra rotaion tho this would of eventually killed it.
When fitting it the oil return still wasbt at the right angle so i gave it a little more tug and welll..... you can see for yourselfs
[Image: 8eff046e9352a2c2028f30ead2a5d3b2.jpg]
[Image: bcfd6deb0305e1cbc96e8b28bc3493ec.jpg]
So im now gonna go find a nice clean table (prob gf's kitchen [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]) to rebuild this chra on.

Welshpug, main reason ive jumped on these brembos was the fact they were the right price and came with new pads. My callipers atm badly need a slider rebuild and new pads. If i add the cost up of fitting the brembos or fitting gti brakes im actually gonna be in cheaper on the brembos. Been unable to find a decent gti setup in norfolk for reasonable money and even the scrap yards here want daft prices for them

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I'd still bet it was the mad chra angle tbh.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Justin where you based, do you wanna borrow my arch roller I'm in Aylesbury. We'll see if we can get a little more width.

You can also unbolt the wing and slide it out on it's mount a little for a couple of mms.
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 02:28 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Justin where you based, do you wanna borrow my arch roller I'm in Aylesbury. We'll see if we can get a little more width.

You can also unbolt the wing and slide it out on it's mount a little for a couple of mms.
He's based in Norwich. He's had a go on my arch roller once before
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 02:28 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Justin where you based, do you wanna borrow my arch roller I'm in Aylesbury. We'll see if we can get a little more width.

Cheers for the offer but as said im pretty far away. Tried aggys and struggled to get good results. May have to politley ask him to use it again and try [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: fe61500f15dd284725d91ea4e953a54e.jpg][Image: 5527bfbb5f7d6f0489004b05121d4c5a.jpg][Image: 24f8e1e354e59a739d429bbaa91ff9af.jpg][Image: 7e2054759842aa60d5d207d45f042423.jpg][Image: 93e956923ee258f272bf3531e61d527e.jpg]
Theres a couple of generic rebuild pics [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] dont really know what to say about it as never done it before. Just swapping out bits like for like. Never realised the oil seals where actually like a metal clip. Was half expecting to see an oring or somthing so blew my mind a little.
Made sure to mark the nut and impellor as i beleive turbos are balanced? Wasnt 100% if they are but cant see somthing soinning to those kind of rpms without being balanced

Just gone back to check somthing and realised there is a rubber seal in the chra. Back i go [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Ok so turbos rebuilt now. Whilst its all off ive taken the time to make more mods so it fits alot better. For starters ive grounded the exhaust housing and flange down some more. On full chat this could still be felt resting on the gear link. Removed the old actuator bracket from the cold side in an attempt to make installation easier.[Image: 8be596168b44521c673738d87262fb3f.jpg][Image: 3074ec5933c9920da1ac4f5f26b7c041.jpg]
[Image: 44ff220484d81b3630b70b5979d054fd.jpg]
So guys as you know more about the chra angle then me would you approve of this? Ive tried to clock it with the engine orrientation in mind.
[Image: dea53e3b56fed3164f74f67d7d5bbad2.jpg]
[Image: b5bb03b25aab70eae2a5f15454eede08.jpg]
Im not fitting this back on tonight as not rushing the job through and pressuring myself again to make it work. If anybody see's anything wrong please say now before i re-install

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Looks a lot better this time around, obviously double check when you install it. Which manifold do you have out of interest?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 06:06 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Looks a lot better this time around, obviously double check when you install it. Which manifold do you have out of interest?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
personally I'd get it fitted with the bolts loose so you can tweak to suit, then nip the bolts up.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,865 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,726 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Project Daily Wagon! Y418AKH HDI Estate JamesG 44 15,432 06-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: JamesG