Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
So small update on this. Have sorted the arch liner that was hanging off. The interior that was in pieces, the wiring in the bay is secured, the rev counter now works but at the speed im fixing things things keep breaking. So i now have lower engine mount to do (in my stock thankfully) central locking is now completely dead, rear boot lock wont open unless its having a good day. Apart from that since the engines been in ive covered 1500 miles with minimal issues like boost pipes keep poping off dam this k14 boost........
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
ooofff all of the boost!

Hairspray Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Was already hairsprayed on lol. So not the pipe is beaded with a decent clamp and hair sprayed. Hasnt come off since. But i have bigger issues. Its got hesitation issues, just started happening on the way home. Will sort off misfire and wont rev hard or fast. Gotta be pump\fuel\air ingress no idea though. Ill look tomorrow if it gets me to work that is!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Could be the hand primer sucking in on itself
Or boost pipe sucking in lol
Thanks given by:
neither. already checked both. i dont have a proper tank pickup at the moment so its probably that to be fair
Thanks given by:
Running veg will often cause hesitation issues fella, for a number of reasons.. Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
never had an issue before and ive ran over a year with various pumps so i know its possible without an issue. im just going to have to figure out why and outting the correct tank pick in would probably be a good start lol. Even my 2.1 ran on 100% most the time
Thanks given by:
As per my messages pal...
Having a open pipe pickup will not be helping...bet theres some serious gunk stuck in that pipe somewhere, or in the main filter
Could stick £20 of diesel in though to rule out veg
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well ill pull the tank one out tomorrow and stick an airline down it but dont think its that as the primer isnt sucking flat. Wont rule it out untill ive been in there for a look though and will also pull the filter tomorrow and have a look. Really doesnt like giving me an easy time atm
Thanks given by:
Filter housing is where i'm putting my money, had no end of trouble with them.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-11-2015, 06:48 AM)Poodle Wrote: Filter housing is where i'm putting my money, had no end of trouble with them.

When i put the filter housing on on sealed the bottom with a new o ring and a bit of sealant. Some clear pipe at lunch will soon find where it is. Smile
Thanks given by:
Poodle was right. It was ingressing air like a bitch!!
Thanks given by:
Poodle gets this one!! lol

There was me thinking you had diverted round the OEM one!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So after my fuel system deciding to hate me and ingress air. I spilt veg oil all over my engine repairing and coupled with the oil already everywhere i thought id steam clean the bay. Asda was closed so went to the lads at tescos and asked how much. They soaped it up and cleaned it free of charge. FREE!!
Thanks given by:
Haha bastard things, what was leaking, the bottom seal? Don't think i've ever gotten one to successfully seal for more than a couple of weeks at a time.

Good result on the free engine degrease, what a bunch of legends!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
no idea got angry pulled it off launced it across the workshop. matt cheese is sending me a new one. got a tt filter on there atm and yes they were legends!! wasnt like they just jet washed it either. stuck degreaser all over it let it soak in then gave it a proper good clean!!!
Thanks given by:
Hahaha been there before. Angel Hope the new one doesn't give you any more problems.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-11-2015, 01:02 PM)Poodle Wrote: Hahaha been there before. Angel Hope the new one doesn't give you any more problems.

shouldn't do, I replaced the O ring in the white stat on the side and I'd advise silicone on the bottom as well as the O ring, was perfect on my old car Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
So i now have a plan for this finally. Wanted to buy some steelies. A good set has come up but due to the dreaded Christmas they just are not an option atm. So two tyres are going on the current wheels. I also have a set of shells for the new conrods now as well a new sump all thats left to do is buy a headgasket for it so i can pull to bits in January. New conrods, new headgasket and arps and hopefully some turbo to keep me happy. Then as some of you know im keen to get out on track as well so thatll be happening with this while i get my other project up and running for the track days in the future.

On a side note recently got rid of centre gauges and put radio back in original position. Got to find a place for gauges again now though. Gave her a service. Used forte motor flush. Hate to say it i was quite impressed new oils still clean. Sorted out the boost pipes which were bodged and generally just been happy its driving again with minimal issues. Smile watch this space it will be epic again i promise
Thanks given by:
I thought the plan was to remain sensible with this one haha. It never works  Rofl Rofl
Thanks given by:
Its is sensible. Not power chasing. Low tune with some conrods in. Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 06:46 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its is sensible. Not power chasing. Low tune with some conrods in. Smile

Well, we all know thats a blatant lie.  Rofl Rofl
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2015, 10:12 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: So i now have a plan for this finally. Wanted to buy some steelies. A good set has come up but due to the dreaded Christmas they just are not an option atm. So two tyres are going on the current wheels. I also have a set of shells for the new conrods now as well a new sump all thats left to do is buy a headgasket for it so i can pull to bits in January. New conrods, new headgasket and arps and hopefully some turbo to keep me happy. Then as some of you know im keen to get out on track as well so thatll be happening with this while i get my other project up and running for the track days in the future.

On a side note recently got rid of centre gauges and put radio back in original position. Got to find a place for gauges again now though. Gave her a service. Used forte motor flush. Hate to say it i was quite impressed new oils still clean. Sorted out the boost pipes which were bodged and generally just been happy its driving again with minimal issues. Smile watch this space it will be epic again i promise

how about a pod above the centre face vents?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Looked into it. I think it looks a bit garish. Im hoping to hide them up a bit. May put them in top glove box so i can close the lid. Only really need to monitor while tuning or if there is an issue.
Thanks given by:
So an update is needed i think. Have been driving it for almost a month without a major issue apart from a few boost pipes popping off. AAAANNNDDD i hate it. Its like someone gave you the option to screw mila kunis or susan boyle. Then you messed it up with kunis and now your stuck with boyle.

So power is NEEDED.
Thanks given by:
Ermm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
back to the 2.1 it is then.
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2015, 08:21 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its like someone gave you the option to screw mila kunis or susan boyle. Then you messed it up with kunis and now your stuck with boyle.

:/
Thanks given by:
Don't rush it this time...get it right/reliable!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It was reliable last time until I put an 11mm on it then weird things started to happen. I haven't bought this yet. Its up for sale. I'm thinking I may buy it though. Christmas treat lol. Use my bottom end as the best bits off both make it up over a couple of months and put it in for show season next year. However I do require a garage to rent to do such things.
Thanks given by: