So....who's NOT at FCS this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....who's NOT at FCS this year?
It was for a megane sport. The 16 year old 306 didnt need it and it only took 12 306oc members about 15 minutes to replace a jubilee clips.
Thanks given by:
Fcs is crap really but massive thanks to all the people here for making it well worth my 500 mile round trip Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 04:38 PM)7057sam Wrote: Fcs is crap really but massive thanks to all the people here for making it well worth my 500 mile round trip Big Grin

you mean the show itself is lame.... but the track time and people is totally worth it.
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2015, 10:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'm not at FCS any more. The show was shite, out potentially very good stand was ruined by someone parking a massive race home badly in the middle of it. Wasn't that big and it wasn't in the middle. It wasn't really an issue for us. Lack of organisation however was.
The VIP was a rip off there was more knobbers on track than ever, Wasn't a single crash this year to my knowledge. All of the track i saw was very sensible
there was less cars than last year, lest exhibitors, less to see just shite. I'm not going at all next year.

The rallye is broken and tomorrow is going to be just a parade lap and nothing else. The supposed VIP BBQ isn't happening tomorrow It did happen. Or you had the choice of a fry up which i think most of us went for.
and it's just going to be shit.

Oh and whoever picked best club was blind or bribed. I'm not saying we were the best, there were other good stands but none of the good ones were mentioned, the 3 winners all just looked like car parks Does it matter? As a club we could of made a lot more of a effort if we wanted to win a prize like that. Personally, it doesn't bother me unless thats what the members want.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 04:50 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 04:38 PM)7057sam Wrote: Fcs is crap really but massive thanks to all the people here for making it well worth my 500 mile round trip Big Grin

you mean the show itself is lame.... but the track time and people is totally worth it.

Hmmm, still not sold on Combe as a circuit TBH. 
I did have fun in my few laps having my entry speeds far too low but being fast enough down the straights that I was pulling away from most stuff behind till they caught me braking again.
Thanks given by:
I imagine youd enjoy it more if you had working brakes and didnt have to worry about the car... for example my car was perfect and I had nothing to worry about D:
Thanks given by:
You did have quite a lot of body roll going on especially through quarry
Thanks given by:
Afew reasons, A: I'm lazy and if a shows not in my back garden I cant be arsed going Tongue B: Long weekend in North wales on the MTB which'll always win out over cars these days. C: I drive a VAG van lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 05:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Hmmm, still not sold on Combe as a circuit TBH. 
I did have fun in my few laps having my entry speeds far too low but being fast enough down the straights that I was pulling away from most stuff behind till they caught me braking again.

If I'm ever there grab a passenger ride, it takes a fair few laps to learn the braking points but makes a huge difference to the overall lap. I still love it and I must be way over a thousand laps now Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Combe is a great circuit. Driving round it in an unsuitable car occasionally won't give you an accurate representation.

Personally I like the show. I don't care about all the hog roasts, VIP treatment and shit, nor do I care for the competitions. I like hanging around with people who I have come to see as friends, eyeing up lots of quirky modified French cars, and then tanking it round the track. On all of those points this weekend was a massive win.

Everyone needs to chill!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 12:20 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Combe is a great circuit. Driving round it in an unsuitable car occasionally won't give you an accurate representation.

Personally I like the show. I don't care about all the hog roasts, VIP treatment and shit, nor do I care for the competitions. I like hanging around with people who I have come to see as friends, eyeing up lots of quirky modified French cars, and then tanking it round the track. On all of those points this weekend was a massive win.

Everyone needs to chill!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

If I wanted a family day out with fairground rides and girls scantly dressed in pink draping themselves over inanimate objects, I really wouldn't pick FCS as my first option!!!

Course we don't go for the show, the show itself IMO is pretty crap, it never has been an amazing show, always been on the subs and spoilers side, but you have to wade through the shit and you will find some decent people, great banter, people nailing it round the track and talking about cars - that's why I go anyway!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Couldnt agree more, i personally thought fcs was much much better last year, but its what you make it, was nice to see the people and talking to various trade stands about the project i have going on! Also hilarious to see how many people overquoted power figures on the dyno, although i wouldnt trust it that much it cant be as far out as what some.peoples estimates were
Thanks given by:
Millar you're just being a wingey bitch because the rallye broke! Matt Taylor offered you the use of the Megane to finish your track time and you didn't want to. You will go next year we all know that! I thought it was pretty awesome , although severely sunburnt! It's all about the club banter and watching track! Which this year was pretty good! We all had a laugh on the Sunday so you Defo missed out Wink
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 05:44 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: You did have quite a lot of body roll going on especially through quarry

meridian spec rear beam yo!
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 08:37 AM)Sian Wrote: Millar you're just being a wingey bitch because the rallye broke! Matt Taylor offered you the use of the Megane to finish your track time and you didn't want to. You will go next year we all know that! I thought it was pretty awesome , although severely sunburnt! It's all about the club banter and watching track! Which this year was pretty good! We all had a laugh on the Sunday so you Defo missed out Wink
Tbh I know how he feels when it came to the track time, I was fuming about the gti6 but luckily I had the sigma in the end and still had fun on track.
But the show is shit, when it was at donnington it was brilliant!
I think it was track time and camping that made the show for me, the rest was poor.

Yes I will be going again next year!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 01:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 08:37 AM)Sian Wrote: Millar you're just being a wingey bitch because the rallye broke! Matt Taylor offered you the use of the Megane to finish your track time and you didn't want to. You will go next year we all know that! I thought it was pretty awesome , although severely sunburnt! It's all about the club banter and watching track! Which this year was pretty good! We all had a laugh on the Sunday so you Defo missed out Wink
Tbh I know how he feels when it came to the track time, I was fuming about the gti6 but luckily I had the sigma in the end and still had fun on track.
But the show is shit, when it was at donnington it was brilliant!
I think it was track time and camping that made the show for me, the rest was poor.

Yes I will be going again next year!
Yeah obviously he's gonna be gutted, but complaining everything was shit because his car f*cked up isn't the way to go about it, he didn't have to give up his track time he could of done it in another car? As well as a fair few people giving him things to use, it's a little ungrateful if you ask me but hey what do I know  Huh
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
It's nice people offering him their car for track, but I wouldn't of took yhe offer either as I wouldn't be happy if I smashed someone's pride and joy.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 11:15 PM)adam b Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 05:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Hmmm, still not sold on Combe as a circuit TBH. 

If I'm ever there grab a passenger ride, it takes a fair few laps to learn the braking points but makes a huge difference to the overall lap. I still love it and I must be way over a thousand laps now Smile

unfortunately Dum Dum cant handle passenger laps he asked me to leave circuit after only 4 cause of feeling ill!

Big Grin

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Shut up Dave, that show is shit and it gets worse every year, It's not even worth going and looking round the other stands these days and most of the themed paddocks are plop and VIP was a rip off. I only come to meet up with you bumders and get drunk and maybe razz the car about.

I am massively grateful to Matt for the offer of use of his car but I couldn't take an unfamiliar car round the track and risk damaging it especially one so valuable and I hear that threw a wobbly on the parade lap so I'm glad I didn't. Matt couldn't take it out as he didn't have a drivers band so I gave what was left of the track time to the first person who I saw on the stand who I knew had a drivers band. I am also massively grateful to everybody who helped me get on track in the first place, those who got photos of my car in the few laps I did and those who have offered help fixing the car and have done me discounted parts especially Chris Manning for a refurbished caliper for £20 and Stuart at my local Pug dealers for continuing to do me parts on trade.

Also yes I was f*cked off, you'd be f*cked off too. I was more f*cked off with myself than I was with the car (although in the 8/9 laps I did I think I also killed a drive shaft) but in the years that they have been doing Sunday it has always been rubbish, yeah it's great spending more time with you guys but everyone ends up being so tired and flat from sun burn and 2 nights of partying hard.

I've got no regrets in leaving early and missing Sunday.

(08-06-2015, 04:26 PM)cully Wrote: unfortunately Dum Dum cant handle passenger laps he asked me to leave circuit after only 4 cause of feeling ill!

Big Grin

We'd done more than 4, think we were on 6 or more and I had been hurling into a dustbin less than an hour prior and it was all too much for my tiny little skull as I'm not a good passenger anyway. Control freak LOL.

You are one hell of a driver, I've been out with people who've been faster (even on the road) but never so spot on the limit through every single corner, totally in awe of your skills man.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 04:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You are one hell of a driver, I've been out with people who've been faster (even on the road) but never so spot on the limit through every single corner, totally in awe of your skills man.

aww! thanks chris
love you too for not Hurling in my car Wink

oh and i had to splash and dash fuel to get home after using my reserve tin for taking you out
but hay! it was a cracking Day thanks for shareing your afternoon pass
Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 04:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Shut up Dave, that show is shit and it gets worse every year, It's not even worth going and looking round the other stands these days and most of the themed paddocks are plop and VIP was a rip off. I only come to meet up with you bumders and get drunk and maybe razz the car about.

I am massively grateful to Matt for the offer of use of his car but I couldn't take an unfamiliar car round the track and risk damaging it especially one so valuable and I hear that threw a wobbly on the parade lap so I'm glad I didn't. Matt couldn't take it out as he didn't have a drivers band so I gave what was left of the track time to the first person who I saw on the stand who I knew had a drivers band. I am also massively grateful to everybody who helped me get on track in the first place, those who got photos of my car in the few laps I did and those who have offered help fixing the car and have done me discounted parts especially Chris Manning for a refurbished caliper for £20 and Stuart at my local Pug dealers for continuing to do me parts on trade.

Also yes I was f*cked off, you'd be f*cked off too. I was more f*cked off with myself than I was with the car (although in the 8/9 laps I did I think I also killed a drive shaft) but in the years that they have been doing Sunday it has always been rubbish, yeah it's great spending more time with you guys but everyone ends up being so tired and flat from sun burn and 2 nights of partying hard.

I've got no regrets in leaving early and missing Sunday.

(08-06-2015, 04:26 PM)cully Wrote: unfortunately Dum Dum cant handle passenger laps he asked me to leave circuit after only 4 cause of feeling ill!

Big Grin

We'd done more than 4, think we were on 6 or more and I had been hurling into a dustbin less than an hour prior and it was all too much for my tiny little skull as I'm not a good passenger anyway. Control freak LOL.

You are one hell of a driver, I've been out with people who've been faster (even on the road) but never so spot on the limit through every single corner, totally in awe of your skills man.

It done fine on parade lap.. He decided to let my friend try drive off track but she kept stalling so they swapped back haha!!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by: