So....who's NOT at FCS this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....who's NOT at FCS this year?
Gonna be a quiet one round here this weekend methinks. 

So my excuse is I couldn't really afford the expenditure this year, what with tickets, fuel and food/drink. Plus my girlfriend Lou expressed an interest in coming this year, but then fell pregnant, and is currently just shy of 8 months gone, so she didn't really relish the idea of tenting! lol 

I've now got my kids this weekend, and the weather is looking favourable, so gonna enjoy a nice family orientated weekend instead, whilst being quietly jealous of all the guys and girls at Combe.

So what's everyone else (who isn't going to FCS) up to?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Usual weekend for me.. Reasons for me not going,
I drive an alfa
I have a 6 month old baby, and a mrs who isnt cheap
And plenty of work tomorrow.

A little bit of me made it to fcs though in way of a MBC that i gave to toseland for a week or so lol
Thanks given by:
I'm old and grumpy and don't like the show, plus i can't justify putting out that much time and money for what is effectively a few hours camping with mates at the moment. Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
budget for me really, plus I am working this weekend sadly. I might look into it next year,
Thanks given by:
So are you likely to make any of the other shows this year? I'm looking at a long day driving for Pugfest, without camping. Been to FCS the last couple of years, so thought I might try something a bit different this year. Wink
Thanks given by:
Me.

I want to go to Pugfest this year so hopefully I'm not working that weekend. Off this weekend so FCS was tempting.
Thanks given by:
I'm not...for obvious reasons. But I probably wont be active on here over the weekend either. ninja lol

Going to Alive n' V Dubbin' next weekend though, doubt anyone else from here is though... Tongue As for other shows, not sure yet, won't go Pugfest but hopefully go to one or two closer shows this year. Smile
Thanks given by:
Work and more work, some genuine burk put a race meeting on fcs weekend Sad
Thanks given by:
well me now, i was going to put in a surprise experience tomorrow, pay on the gate etc.
but my cunting camshaft snapped a couple of hours ago so yeah... im now sizing up everything for an engine change Sad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2015, 09:29 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: So are you likely to make any of the other shows this year? I'm looking at a long day driving for Pugfest, without camping. Been to FCS the last couple of years, so thought I might try something a bit different this year. Wink

not sure, as I have the exhaust to pay for now, and the 306 needs a new system too. I was thinking on another metro owners club show, later on in the year, where is pugfest?  
Thanks given by:
Pugfest is just outside Cheltenham, at the Prescott hill climb. If we go up for just the day, it's £11 per person, plus £7 for a run up the hill, which I might have to do, would be rude not to really! Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2015, 11:50 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Pugfest is just outside Cheltenham, at the Prescott hill climb. If we go up for just the day, it's £11 per person, plus £7 for a run up the hill, which I might have to do, would be rude not to really! Wink

that's a weekend a way for me, as that's nearly 5 hour drive
Thanks given by:
3 and a half for me, mtfu! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm skint, a bin lorry wrote the Coupe off this week, and half the family seems to have decided to pop their clogs the past few months, so I'm staying at home and opening some beer after doing hospital runs all week.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
I'm at combe a lot this month so didn't want to go again.
About to pick up a 612 for a London run now so worth doing this morning.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Nice! I'll be going to pugfest, it's a better show imo.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
A few reasons, I haven't been impressed by the show the last few years, too much modern stuff, I go to Cornwall next Saturday so could do with getting the car and caravan ready for that, its further than Pugfest, and I've never been to Pugfest so I fancied trying it.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not going to FCS Sad The last time i went the missus wasn't that impressed with it although she had a good day out she was a bit bored. This year we are expecting our first child and she isn't in the best of moods, the hormonal, mumma-saurus rex at 6 months pregnant! Big Grin

Seriously though, i found it rather chavvy last time i went. I have been trying to talk the boss around to the idea of Pugfest as the reviews i have come across about it are glowing. Its supposed to be less chavvy and more fun too...

Il keep working on my missus to see if I can get her to crack.
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
I'm not going just for the distance reason like 3 and half hours drive only ever went to one fcs that was when it was at Donington, I'll be going to pugfest tho for sure just don't no what car I'll be in and if I'll be on a stand or not.

Thanks given by:
My lass never comes to shows. She uses it as an excuse to have a bed to herself and complete control of the TV remote while I get pissed in a field.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Looking to do pugfest this year.. but working all this weekend.
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Probably would've went but finished nights this morning. Plus, the HDi is currently in my 2nd garage with no front-end attached (new AC Condenser and slimline fans getting fitted). Plan for today is get my boy off his Mum, put a punt on the Epsom Derby, F1 Qualy and the Champions League final (and lots of beer). 

Being part of the 'older' generation, I'm not sure FCS is my scene anymore!
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I'm not there.  I'm too skint, too old and only really like Peugeots. Got no interest in saxos or clios, just rattly old dervs. 
I have my eyes on pugfest if I can get the car sorted in time, needs new driveshafts to go up the hill. 
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
So the general consensus seems to be that Pugfest is the way to go!

I must admit, I didn't think FCS was too bad, but I've been there the last 2 years on the trot, but not done Pugfest yet, so may as well switch it up a bit and do something a bit different. Wink
Thanks given by:
im not going, im painting the 306 estate this weekend
Thanks given by:
Pugfest is one of the best shows in my opinion
Thanks given by:
I'm not at FCS any more. The show was shite, out potentially very good stand was ruined by someone parking a massive race home badly in the middle of it. The VIP was a rip off there was more knobbers on track than ever, there was less cars than last year, lest exhibitors, less to see just shite. I'm not going at all next year.

The rallye is broken and tomorrow is going to be just a parade lap and nothing else. The supposed VIP BBQ isn't happening tomorrow and it's just going to be shit.

Oh and whoever picked best club was blind or bribed. I'm not saying we were the best, there were other good stands but none of the good ones were mentioned, the 3 winners all just looked like car parks
Thanks given by:
I like Pugfest because I can get there in under a minute..
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
NEWSFLASH: FCS is shit and full of toss... Oh wait, that's not news.

Seriously though, i hope there's some money coming back for the cancelled stuff - not only is it wrong, it's illegal so you can push the point. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I must say the meal at Brewers Fayre with myfellow 306oc members on Saturday night was cracking

Oh and the recovery truck wasn't for sam really Tongue

[attachment=23623]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: