The Turbo 8V Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Turbo 8V Project
Please do, anyone for a bet? You will not successfully turbo this 1.6. I'd put £50 on it.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 04:08 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Please do, anyone for a bet? You will not successfully turbo this 1.6. I'd put £50 on it.

Why won't I turbo it? Wont be for a few months yet but it will get turbod, I bet the car on it, hows that for a bet? Car for car?

If this don't get turbod, you get the car, if it does I get your car? Do we have a deal?
Thanks given by:
OK correction - this will never be turbocharged and run properly.

How much are you expecting this to cost, have you a list of parts you're going to need...

I'll eat my hat if this actually is turbocharged and done properly... Stevie Wonder could spray some birdshit at a shitty turbo and a cast manifold, strap it to the engine and call it turbocharged...

I don't think you quite realise what an undertaking it is...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 09:03 PM)Ruan Wrote: OK correction - this will never be turbocharged and run properly.

How much are you expecting this to cost, have you a list of parts you're going to need...

I'll eat my hat if this actually is turbocharged and done properly... Stevie Wonder could spray some birdshit at a shitty turbo and a cast manifold, strap it to the engine and call it turbocharged...

I don't think you quite realise what an undertaking it is...

Nope I know its gonna be as hard as hell but I don't care how long it takes, it WILL get turboed and it will be done to run properly as well, I'm reading up on it and getting tips from everything else, doing my research on it before actually doing it, trust me its gonna be a mega triathlon to do but it'll be done.
Thanks given by:
Popcorn
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 04:12 PM)jethrojay129 Wrote: If this don't get turbod, you get the car, if it does I get your car? Do we have a deal?

No offence but I don't want the car, and it's not your car to give away.

You won't do this, you'll come back in a few weeks with a wild excuse as to why it wasn't done. I'm absolutely certain. In fact if you do it and it works, I'll eat Ruans other hat.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 11:21 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(25-01-2015, 04:12 PM)jethrojay129 Wrote: If this don't get turbod, you get the car, if it does I get your car? Do we have a deal?

No offence but I don't want the car, and it's not your car to give away.

You won't do this, you'll come back in a few weeks with a wild excuse as to why it wasn't done. I'm absolutely certain. In fact if you do it and it works, I'll eat Ruans other hat.

I'll get it done, trust me, you guys saying I wont is just adding fuel to the fire to get it done and said before wont be for a few months while i search up on it and collect some stuff to get it done...
Thanks given by:
What management are you going to run?
Thanks given by:
Well if you're dead set on doing it, then the best of luck to you! Smile

Just wondering Ruan.....how many hats do you have? Any spare? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just want my window tints done XD
Thanks given by:
Ignore the others, crack on. I REALLY look forward to how well this will shift.
I'm assuming youre going to gearbox mount the turbo? Why not fit two??

Ruan. Put me down for one hat please!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Can't win on here!
I get moaned at for pessimism and poor Jay gets moaned at for optimism! Tongue
Thanks given by:
There's optimism, then there's something we like to call 'BULLSHIT'... It's very much the latter in this case lol

Just like the tuning of the hire car
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 01:12 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: There's optimism, then there's something we like to call 'BULLSHIT'... It's very much the latter in this case lol

Just like the tuning of the hire car

lol

+1 on a ruan hat please
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 04:04 PM)jethrojay129 Wrote:
(25-01-2015, 03:58 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: You'll never do it, that's what they mean.

Guess its time to prove them wrong...

Do it. Ill give you £10 to take me for a spin if you achieve it.
Thanks given by:
Why oh why would you turbo that horrid typewriter sounding engine, there is one that i saw on you tube and it sounds crap.

for around 300 notes you could get a 2.0 8v Turbo. It takes some modifying to fit but i am well pleased with it. You then have a factory built turbo engine with 150bhp standard.

Ruan. Put me down for one hat, with a serving of onion rings on the side.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Put it this way, from people on this forum who say they're going to turbocharge a petrol engine I've seen a grand total of ZERO people do it - to any petrol engine.

Honestly, unless you have an exact plan now, I guarantee you won't see it through, have you considered what you're doing to the engine? Fuel delivery? Air piping? Oil feeds? Oil Drains? Space for turbo? Turbo itself? Management? Gearbox?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't waste your time and effort fella, if you want to turbo it, id see about getting hold of a engine from one of the later pug models that are already turboed, isn't the bmw mini that runs a turbo pug lump?
god knows what you would have to do to make that fit and work. If I were going to do something like that then id be looking at this for starters, or even talking to the saxo boys as I am sure some of them did turbo the 1.6 16v, but how successful they were etc, I couldn't tell you! My mate tried to turbo his, and bailed out. Due to discovering it was bodged up kit he had bought! Wasn't nice to see my mate, fork out 1500 quid on this kit, and then only to discover it was a load of shite after he pulled the car to bits. Only befit out all that in the end was a new headgasket and timing belt. It pissed him off that much that he put the car back together and sold the car on, and sold what he could off the kit.
Thanks given by:
You could get a gti6 for way under 1k if you wanted, but if that's what you really want to do then good luck I guess.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The only person he's kidding is himself & I actually think he believes his own bullshit!
Thanks given by:
This isn't to say I don't want you to do it btw... I'd love to see a boosted 1.6 TU.

I just know you won't though - LOL!
Thanks given by:
didn't i see a boosted 1.6 tu at combe last year?

[Image: 2014-06-07-FrenchCarShow-5332_zpsd67bdd26.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't believe this, I log on to Vectra-c.com this morning & there's a guy on there saying he's in the process of boosting a friends 1.6 306, and he's getting a Signum 1.9 CDTI 150 and will be modifying it to run 300bhp.

This is the same guy that a few of you will have seen in the chat box a while back slating my vectra & saying vauxhalls are awful, he'd never buy another etc etc.

Another strange thing was the wanted ad on there for a 306 gearbox, for his 'friend' not his girlfriend?

The username I hear you ask?

Jayharris129, and the signature:

If it isn't a Vauxhall and it doesn't have 4 wheels, it's not worth my time!

Ride Or Die!

I smell bullshit.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 02:29 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: didn't i see a boosted 1.6 tu at combe last year?

[Image: 2014-06-07-FrenchCarShow-5332_zpsd67bdd26.jpg]

Just looking at your profile pic, wondering if the zx twin headlamp conversion would fit the 306?, is a 1 piece unit lights and grill etc?

Just a thought
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 03:10 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Just looking at your profile pic, wondering if the zx twin headlamp conversion would fit the 306?, is a 1 piece unit lights and grill etc?

Just a thought

off topic, but its just a set of morettes I've got to replace the standard headlamps
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 03:05 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I can't believe this, I log on to Vectra-c.com this morning & there's a guy on there saying he's in the process of boosting a friends 1.6 306, and he's getting a Signum 1.9 CDTI 150 and will be modifying it to run 300bhp.

This is the same guy that a few of you will have seen in the chat box a while back slating my vectra & saying vauxhalls are awful, he'd never buy another etc etc.

Another strange thing was the wanted ad on there for a 306 gearbox, for his 'friend' not his girlfriend?

Ride Or Die!

I smell bullshit.

lol please link to the thread!!!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 03:47 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(27-01-2015, 03:05 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I can't believe this, I log on to Vectra-c.com this morning & there's a guy on there saying he's in the process of boosting a friends 1.6 306, and he's getting a Signum 1.9 CDTI 150 and will be modifying it to run 300bhp.

Ride Or Die!

I smell bullshit.

lol please link to the thread!!!

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread...-Good-news!

Other threads regarding Signum..
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's definitely him. Literally just googling that username brings up various different threads on different forums.

Also, man I wish i could look this gangster..

https://www.facebook.com/RideOrDieJethroJay?fref=ts
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is f*cking priceless lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
This thread has suddenly got very interesting Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,129 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,155 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,758 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01