Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt
I think he means his old one dude..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 10:02 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Awhh noo so soon!? Would truly sicken you after all the effort.

What sort of boost/revs was it running when it spewed them?

yep was majorly pissed off and very close to scraping it for a hour or two Big Grin luckly had a mate selling a dt for cheap so riped the motor out friday evening and had it in the estate over the weekend just need the correct pas pump to finnish it.

it was about 25psi and I was at like 4.5-5k number one and two rod closest to cambelt let go but I think one let go first and with all the metal swinging about took the second one with it and then the head lol snaped the cam some how can only assume a piston came flying off the end and hit the valves?

makes me think I should have kept the forged rods out the last engine ?

(15-07-2014, 10:12 AM)silverzx Wrote: I think he means his old one dude..

nope this engine mate the black dt was forged up perob my own fault for this one letting go tbh

ohh and thanks to everyone on my facebook for offering to help out this truly is the most helpful forum / bunch off guys ever !!
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 10:24 AM)ash23 Wrote:
(15-07-2014, 10:02 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Awhh noo so soon!? Would truly sicken you after all the effort.

What sort of boost/revs was it running when it spewed them?

yep was majorly pissed off and very close to scraping it for a hour or two Big Grin luckly had a mate selling a dt for cheap so riped the motor out friday evening and had it in the estate over the weekend just need the correct pas pump to finnish it.

it was about 25psi and I was at like 4.5-5k number one and two rod closest to cambelt let go but I think one let go first and with all the metal swinging about took the second one with it and then the head lol snaped the cam some how can only assume a piston came flying off the end and hit the valves?

makes me think I should have kept the forged rods out the last engine ?

(15-07-2014, 10:12 AM)silverzx Wrote: I think he means his old one dude..

nope this engine mate the black dt was forged up perob my own fault for this one letting go tbh

I bet u was smiling at 25 psi at 5,000rpm Wink ha ha

Defo should have kept rods cos you could be gear box mounting a massive turbo next to the gt20 Wink Hmmmm gives me idea for my secret project Tongue

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 09:00 PM)ash23 Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 10:37 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Some great progress there, now wind her up Smile

thanks matey I did wind her up and we know how that went lol |...........| was that close to just chucking in on the flat bed and weighing it in tbh I think it was just a unlooked after engine before I got it.

whoops! Doh
Thanks given by:
Oh.. Sh*t..

Throwing rods on a GT20 doesn't sound promising.

Guess it must of had a real hard life before getting to you.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
chris as you could imagine my face was like a Cheshire cat it was going really well /lots of fun untill what I thought was a blown boost pipe hahah it was dark heard a bang and odd noises thougjt the smoke out the back was just thick black smoke from no boost untill I got out and looked at the oil dripping out the sump and oil all up the back of the car lol funny as feck really now im in less of a mood with it Big Grin

(15-07-2014, 10:38 AM)silverzx Wrote: Oh.. Sh*t..

Throwing rods on a GT20 doesn't sound promising.

Guess it must of had a real hard life before getting to you.

I was surprised that a gt20 did that but when you think back when I first got it the whole car was neglected inc the engine the oil was like tar and just below min but since then its had 3 changes since lucky of the draw I suppose
Thanks given by:
Yeah defo man.

Cool to see your sticking with it though. Kudos!

These engines are cheap enough these days to be affordable to replace when they blow, just a big PITA.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, but fair play for getting another motor in so quickly haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys luckily a mate was selling a 5door hdi that I converted to a xud a few years back so got the whole car for 120 and weight it in for a little more haha

right I have a weird idle issue some times it drops rpm to just above staling then picks up to 1k with a quick blip on the throttle any one shed any light on a issue?

306 xud9 tick over issues: http://youtu.be/-sxtpK5grCo

xud9 0-60 first run: http://youtu.be/j91naE0Zabw
306 xud9te 0-60 second and third run: http://youtu.be/8LPhbVcCAfI
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you saved this dude, was gutted when i saw that the old engine let go. Sad

Oh, and the sig you ordered, sorry I'm a bit late to the party as always:

[attachment=17752]
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 10:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Glad to see you saved this dude, was gutted when i saw that the old engine let go. Sad

Oh, and the sig you ordered, sorry I'm a bit late to the party as always:

thanks mate when im on a computer ill stick it on and send you some rep Smile

tbh im starting to think if it was worth it it has some dodgy idle issue and is in a right state very dis heartening to see Sad
Thanks given by:
bloody quick mind! flipping ek! Is that on a XUD box or HDi one?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2014, 06:36 AM)Piggy Wrote: bloody quick mind! flipping ek! Is that on a XUD box or HDi one?

is that quick ? everyone tells me it should ra*e the clutch and it still isn't so should be more to give? hopefully any way ? that is a xud box since the gt20 went on it cruises way better like its unrestricted so ill prob stick with xud box tbh

ohh and them vids were with a full boot of axle stands 5tonne trolley jack and tonnes of tools hehe
Thanks given by:
Thats mad. I would be extatic with a 7sec 0-60 time!

I need to get that CG clutch in asap once its back from being rebuilt and try a 0-60 run. Currently boost over 1 bar = automatic rev hanging mode after Pugfest! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That looks rapid to be fair only one way to find out what it's pushing is get it on dyno let me no when you sort one out I'll be there Big Grin

Definitely think 11mm should be on the list next Wink

Thanks given by:
(17-07-2014, 06:53 AM)Piggy Wrote: Thats mad. I would be extatic with a 7sec 0-60 time!

I need to get that CG clutch in asap once its back from being rebuilt and try a 0-60 run. Currently boost over 1 bar = automatic rev hanging mode after Pugfest! lol

I may just be expecting to much from a single gt20 then lol I was looking and book figure for a dt estate is 14 seconds to 60.
? how long has your clutch lasted for now? hoping I dont need a paddle lol

(17-07-2014, 07:40 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: That looks rapid to be fair only one way to find out what it's pushing is get it on dyno let me no when you sort one out I'll be there Big Grin

Definitely think 11mm should be on the list next Wink

as said I could just be expecting to much lol dyno you say Saturday if I get the idle issue sorted Wink

11mm will be sorted I reckon just not yet lol
Thanks given by:
bloody el....7seconds on a 9mm??? How are you not mega happy with that!!??

I done about 10k before it started to slip in 3rd gear pulls...its knackered now after Pugfest!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I suppose im just a boost whore Big Grin I mean it is very good but I feel there is more to give but having said that once you hit second gear on a quick start it tries to pull you over the road lol kinda fun to drive but a spirited drive up the back roads from work has highlighted the fact 266mm brakes are shit and I need something more manly Big Grin
Thanks given by:
was going to dyno this today but ran out of time so do people want a little comp? if some one guesses with in 5hp up or down and with in 10lbft ill donate £10 to the club. Smile ? any one up for that Big Grin

quick spec for you

9mm pump gov moded proper shonky lda pin
gt2052 around 23psi boost
3inch down pipe to a 2.5 exhaust
3inch air feeds
2" fmic with home made mani
arp head studs
Thanks given by:
Sounds good.

160bhp, 280lb/ft
Thanks given by:
My gt17 made 159bhp

So ill say 170 bhp and 265ftlb
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
160bhp 255ftlbs

Thanks given by:
165bhp 290lbft
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
250 bhp / 350 lbft. ninja
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Its got to be close to 170bhp/250ft lbs surely, with that 0-60time, wouldnt think anymore due to the 9mm pump
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
some nice figures there. I feel a little optimistic tho Smile will find out weds night taking it to dyno daze if anyones up for a mini meet at the same time
Thanks given by:
Your idle issue just seems like the anti-stall spring isn't tensioned enough, and its relying on the actual throttle cable to maintain the idle which is a bad idea because it can move about and stretch when the engine rocks adjusting your idle. Have you tried to adjust it on the back of the pump? If its not got the spring in, then that will be the cause of your idle issue, but if it has make sure your main throttle is slackened right off and adjust up your idle using the anti-stall which will keep it stable.

(15-07-2014, 10:24 AM)ash23 Wrote: makes me think I should have kept the forged rods out the last engine ?

Itwasntme

I'm gonna guess at about 159hp/265ftlb.

Great to see you are back on the XUD scene, buy Toms remaining set of forged rods!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
151bhp and 229 ft/lbs - but lets hope for more eh?
Thanks given by:
ill have a look at those dave thanks although it was rinning fine till I put the other engine in I hadnt changed any setting tho and it ran like that :/

any more guesses lol hopefully putting it on the rollers tonight
Thanks given by:
I guess it'll explode on the rollers so no-one will ever know.... Confused

Good luck anyway! lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox mounted turbo - manifold darrencurry0808 0 1,324 22-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
Thumbs Up FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted mikey b 199 53,969 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: puglove
  ph1 cherry red sedan. TD04 box mounted. padge 219 35,552 22-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: sleeper93