205 GLD Sleeper :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 GLD Sleeper :)
(27-02-2014, 07:00 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Yeah I noticed but it does still sound epic Smile be good to see this thing lighting up the wheels soon lol

Oh yes carnt wait to see what it's like power wise.

(27-02-2014, 07:09 PM)procta Wrote: a big well done for getting it running! now its a case of setting things up now.

Thanks Smile defo just odds and ends to sort.

(28-02-2014, 11:32 AM)Grant Wrote: Jesus. How long had that engine been sat for? You're giving it some beans! Got more minerals than I have!

No idea how long it's been sat tbh but it's all been to bits when I put various Parts in. Not been giving it the beans tho just slight blips on the throttle if that Smile

Anyway been having a little mess this morning, fitted the stop solenoid again that works all good now, fitted the thermostat housing and looked at fitting raditor then hit a problem.

[Image: DSC_0460_zpsf4a597e0.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0459_zps83e76c51.jpg]

So I need to move the bar the raditor sits on but carnt do that till I get gas for the welder.

So got few other bits I can get on till I can afford to get some gas.

When I run out of things to do will just sit in it making turbo noises Wink braaawww tisssshhh

Comments welcome Smile

Oooooo look what come in the post Wink

I no I said I was keeping it a secret but shit at secrets lol

[Image: DSC_0461_zpsf13aa1cb.jpg]

Can you tell what it is? Tongue

Thanks given by:
what the hell lol! gt28?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Twin Turbo? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Get it welded on now Wink if your having trouble spooling it I have a nice nitrous kit that will sort that out
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
that will spool just fine! GT ftw.
Thanks given by:
A fair blower haha, keen much?!
Thanks given by:
It is.............

Gt2259s Wink

No idea what it will be like might be laggy might be shit power no idea just an experiment. Got turbo cheap it recently had a rebuild to so it's all nice and solid no play what so ever.

Any one no what safe boost this turbo will be ok at? 20/25psi? Or more?

Thanks given by:
30psi+!! also, jps 2560 started spooling at td04 speeds I think.. so this should be ok Wink
Thanks given by:
Haha fire it on and keep us posted, drive with the 20 52 first though and see what it goes like! Id imagine it'd be a quick little fucker lol
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 01:43 PM)padge Wrote: 30psi+!! also, jps 2560 started spooling at td04 speeds I think.. so this should be ok Wink

I like to play it Safe lol should no me by now Wink lol might push 25psi see if it takes off or not Tongue

Thanks given by:
All this talk of big blowers is making me want another xud Sad

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
get one danny! its not you without a 306 on the drive.
Thanks given by:
Got a 307 and 106 on drive lol, would have another but cba changing engines turbos back axles head gaskets ect lol

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
get a good standard one and go from there lol.
Thanks given by:
I could never have a standard one I'll put a big blower on blow it up get pissed off and scrap it lol

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 04:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I could never have a standard one I'll put a big blower on blow it up get pissed off and scrap it lol

Got a sedan here with your name on it Danny Wink
Thanks given by:
We'll had a play this morning, clocked the gt20 round so I can run the pipe down the back of the inlet instead of though it. Why it was off I offered up the gt22 and........

[Image: DSC_0462_zps84edb21f.jpg]

It's to big to fit down back it hits brake servo and most probably the bulk head. So will have to be gearbox mounted should look good tho Wink

That's about it for today it's so much easier clocking a turbo that has bolts that hold the compressor housing on took 5 mins to clock the gt22 and about 3 hours fighting with the massive c clip on the gt20 Undecided

Anyway advice on gearbox mounting a turbo is welcome, what's best way to hold it in place and keep it solid? Any other advice?

Thanks given by:
20psi will be plenty of boost....its so much morr efficient.

Get that gt22 plumbed in as a compound and it will be epic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2014, 03:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: 20psi will be plenty of boost....its so much morr efficient.

Get that gt22 plumbed in as a compound and it will be epic

Epic u say? Is that before all four conrods shit them self's? lol

Thanks given by:
Small update fitted raditor and all water pipes, all seems ok but couldn't have it running long due to the people that live next door giving me hassle about me working on car on front so no idea were I stand with it at the min as don't no if I can carry on with it if I have them on my back. Unless I find some were local that I can do it And it don't cost to keep it there I'm stuffed Sad

Thanks given by:
Its surely only noise issues...so keep the noise to reasonable hours and they shouldnt and cant complain.

End of day, its your property and you could be doing a lot worse...

Bet they feel different when they need your mechanical assistance!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It was to do with smoke levels to start with (pump needs sorting out) but soon escalated to I carnt treat the road like a garage etc etc and nearly ended in a fight cos he wouldn't listen to a word I say!

Tbh if I carnt get some were else to finish it looks like this is the end of the project as I'm a reasonable guy just want a quite life don't wanna be aqueing toss every time I want to start Car up, it's not worth the stress or hassle of it Sad

Hopefully I find some were asap cos it's so close to being finished now!

Thanks given by:
Fetch it to mine pal I've often got cars running at 11pm on a week day neighbours don't give a f*ck Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 04:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Fetch it to mine pal I've often got cars running at 11pm on a week day neighbours don't give a f*ck Smile

Needs to be local mate like with 3 mile max because it will be to much hassle.

Sadly weighing up all the pros and cons it's not looking good Sad

As much as Id love to finish it etc other things in life have to take better priority

Thanks given by:
Offers there got a garage full of tools with electric

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 04:48 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Offers there got a garage full of tools with electric

Will keep it in mind Mate, but it's looking increasingly like it's going.

Thanks given by:
This thread never fails to amaze me,
Just as things get going, there's talk of giving up
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ay? Your getting rid because some neighbours have moaned once?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Seems like the loves not there to finish it pal

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 05:18 PM)Jimbo Wrote: This thread never fails to amaze me,
Just as things get going, there's talk of giving up

(02-03-2014, 05:19 PM)Anton Wrote: Ay? Your getting rid because some neighbours have moaned once?

If I get some were local with in this next week will be staying but there's only so much stress and anger I can take and this car has crossed the line many times.

(02-03-2014, 05:23 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Seems like the loves not there to finish it pal

This is true the love is going some were else just not announced it yet. Text me if u wanna no what mean

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 9,088 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11 ginge191 466 271,908 29-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,242 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb