205 GLD Sleeper :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 GLD Sleeper :)
(15-02-2014, 03:43 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(15-02-2014, 03:26 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: and second reason is i want to be able to see the cambelt when i first start it to make sure its ok when spinning round.

this is a fair good idea; when i did my belt first time there was slack somewhere along the line which i wouldn't have seen otherwise. Could see the slack from the amount of up and down movement on the belt when it was running but couldn't be felt when not running.

The covers aren't particularly hard to fit when the engine is in ...

Tbh this is one reason I didn't wanna fit them just incase history repeates it's self and does same thing all feels nice and tight tho, Ginge what switch is what on the dash?

Thanks given by:
Hmm strange will have a look next time im over the garage and see what i have left. I swear i picked up literally all the bolts that looked small enough to be cambelt cover bolts.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 03:50 PM)Tom Wrote: Hmm strange will have a look next time im over the garage and see what i have left. I swear i picked up literally all the bolts that looked small enough to be cambelt cover bolts.

Not to worry mate, I'm sure I can pick some up next time I go to scrappy no rush for them any way

Thanks given by:
So is it running yet?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 04:08 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: So is it running yet?

Yer Mate just come back from Test drive its awesome......... Wink

Its no we're near finished yet ha ha about another month might be done lol

Thanks given by:
Yeah? Fuckin hell bet that invisible transmission cost a fair bit Wink

Milestone getting the engine in fair play

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 04:14 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Yeah? Fuckin hell bet that invisible transmission cost a fair bit Wink

Milestone getting the engine in fair play

lmao

Yer defo it's a long way if finished but I wanted engine out of shed so I got room to filter Veg oil, will carry on with bits when I get chance need HDI gearbox still tho Sad

Thanks given by:
Update

Put d turbo box on for now just so I can have it started, attached some wires then hooked up jump leads

[Image: DSC_0440_zps839b7d9c.jpg]

To get in car find the steering lock jammed solid!! Angry

[Image: DSC_0439_zps30c86673.jpg]

So broke out the lump hammer a few good wacks later it come off f*cking thing!!

Any way sit rep is it turned over twice, battery is shagged, still waiting on injectors to come seen as one injector still stuck in the old head, few other bits to get and fit before the first start but, few steps closer Smile

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
If lump hammer Dosent fix it then f*cked Wink

Getting there mate

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 01:31 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: If lump hammer Dosent fix it then f*cked Wink

Getting there mate

The thing is normally when I get the hammer out I normally end up in a worse situation lol

Thanks given by:
wait till you hear it fire up into life for the 1st time!
Thanks given by:
Nearly there bud.... :-)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 07:08 PM)procta Wrote: wait till you hear it fire up into life for the 1st time!

I'm not looking forward to it tbh expecting Oil every were conrod though front of block etc etc I have no faith what so ever lol

(17-02-2014, 09:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nearly there bud.... :-)

It is getting there slowly.

Need your guys opinions on HDI box do I carry on with the plan of getting one or not bother and just stick with the d turbo box?? Getting board of being let down buying them so tempted to just leave d turbo box in there

What u guys think???

Thanks given by:
Box is on leave it be

Personally hate hdi boxes can't see all the rave about them

I blew 2 up and didn't like the ratios was more lively on a xud box

But if your wanting a hdi box let me know and I'll buy a 306 hdi

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
The reason I want one is the small wheels on this gears everything down so a Hdi will probably be about the same as a d turbo box normally, I don't want it to be screaming its tits off on the motorway that's the main reason all so a higher top speed to Wink

Thanks given by:
Hmm fair point

Let me know if you want a box I'll buy a 306 to break

Or bigger wheels Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
We'll plan is 195/50/15's eventually but wanna get it on road first, and will let you no Smile

Thanks given by:
I think the hdi box be great with the setup you have...light car, GTs turbo, lotsa torque, it will fly. Should help with not spinning up the wheels so much too

BUT dont worry for now....just get it on the road!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Have to agree with Piggy, If you have DT box on there, get it fired up and running smoothly, do a few miles to iron out any niggles then if you find a box at the right price then you could take a day out to swap it over, etc. As long as you grease all the bolts you put back in now, it'll come apart easier next time...which is half the battle at times.

You asked in my thread if the HDi box was for sale, unfortunately 'technically' its not my box so it would be unfair for me to sell it really. (Sorry Doh )
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 07:18 AM)Piggy Wrote: I think the hdi box be great with the setup you have...light car, GTs turbo, lotsa torque, it will fly. Should help with not spinning up the wheels so much too

BUT dont worry for now....just get it on the road!

I think the Hdi box would go better with the set up to.

(18-02-2014, 09:03 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Have to agree with Piggy, If you have DT box on there, get it fired up and running smoothly, do a few miles to iron out any niggles then if you find a box at the right price then you could take a day out to swap it over, etc. As long as you grease all the bolts you put back in now, it'll come apart easier next time...which is half the battle at times.

You asked in my thread if the HDi box was for sale, unfortunately 'technically' its not my box so it would be unfair for me to sell it really. (Sorry Doh )

Yer that's a fair point think I will do that then, when you guys say the gearbox is on well it's held on with 3 bolts and the mount that's it lol only took 10mins to get it back on don't no what all the fuss is about tbh Wink

And not to worry Mr_fish was worth me asking Smile

Thanks given by:
Did abit more on this today pretty much ready for first start, need a battery. Waiting on a pipe for the oil filler neck from Peugeot, and still waiting on injectors to come!

Hopefully come tomorrow as really eager to get first start out the way.

Thanks given by:
just take your time, so there isn't any fowl ups. double check everything before you start it for the 1st time.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 03:25 PM)procta Wrote: just take your time, so there isn't any fowl ups. double check everything before you start it for the 1st time.

I have already will triple check before first start, just injector that is sticking point at min if only I could get the one out the head that's stuck Angry

Thanks given by:
Breaker bar+scaffold Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've got loads of battery's if you need one pal Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 04:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: Breaker bar+scaffold Wink

When I say stuck I mean it keeps spinning like threads gone, any way it's propa dead now after get stressed and smashing it to bits with the lump hammer Undecided

(18-02-2014, 05:53 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I've got loads of battery's if you need one pal Smile

Will keep that in mind Mate will see if this one will hold its charge once I get it running. We'll if I get it running lol

Thanks given by:
I have a hdi box ready to bolt onto an xud. I'm using a Xantia box instead
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I have a hdi box ready to bolt onto an xud. I'm using a Xantia box instead

Pm me your price might be interested, all tho not really looking for one at min focusing on getting it running and road worth, but if it's cheap I will be tempted Wink

Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 09:47 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(18-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I have a hdi box ready to bolt onto an xud. I'm using a Xantia box instead

Pm me your price might be interested, all tho not really looking for one at min focusing on getting it running and road worth, but if it's cheap I will be tempted Wink

£40 collected
Thanks given by:
Pm'ed

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,762 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11 ginge191 466 265,786 29-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,178 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb