Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project
Your in trouble then, its the end of saturday now! You best hope someone nearby has one lying around, no post and no wheres open tommorow :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yes, that's why Im posting in here!!!
Thanks given by:
try ringing partco in somerstown near the raven pub / uni halls house they may have it.. although it might be shut now (023) 9281 2051

also silverlakes is open tomorrow in the morning... worth ringing them if you're desperate 023 8022 9999 also open till 5 today so could ring them now
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Good plan!! thanks Adam
Thanks given by:
9:30-13:00 tomorrow Smile
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Just went and looked in the greenhouse as I thought I had a pair from my GTi, but could only find the N/S I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 05:02 PM)Curt Wrote: Just went and looked in the greenhouse as I thought I had a pair from my GTi, but could only find the N/S I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway Curt! Smile
Thanks given by:
Bad times Sad
Thanks given by:
Really, really bad times.

thought we were almost there Sad
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, I'll be over shortly with an assortment of hammers
Thanks given by:

Can't figure. What side
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drivers side.

Btw it will be a long drive but midnight motors up near scott will be open tomorrow and so will the wembley branch of ECP and they will have one guaranteed as they are the southern distributer to all southern ECPs.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
How come you need an arm? If the P bush or ball joint is gone they can be replace on there own with out the need for an arm.

What ever you do don't get an aftermarket arm!!

[Image: null_zps265d8f33.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The ball joint was riveted on!?!?!?
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 05:46 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: The ball joint was riveted on!?!?!?

Drill em out and bolt it. Easy enough!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That would mean it got an aftermarket arm fitted Sad
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 05:34 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Can't figure. What side

YES - thats the one!

(21-09-2013, 05:48 PM)Niall Wrote:

I started drilling, pilot hole was taking 5-10minutes and barely scuffed the surface, went for a more powerful drill, still was barely scuffing the surface, that was just the first rivot. There's 3 to get out!!! Sad

BUT someone said the wishbones differ from GTI's - is it not just the ball joints which differ?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 06:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(21-09-2013, 05:34 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Can't figure. What side

YES - thats the one!

(21-09-2013, 05:48 PM)Niall Wrote:

I started drilling, pilot hole was taking 5-10minutes and barely scuffed the surface, went for a more powerful drill, still was barely scuffing the surface, that was just the first rivot. There's 3 to get out!!! Sad

BUT someone said the wishbones differ from GTI's - is it not just the ball joints which differ?

The arms are the same the ball joints differ across the years, started with 16mm and ended with 18mm
Thanks given by:
Ginge not being horrible at all but if its not scratching the surface, you have probably burnt the bit out. Drilling metal is a very slow process!

Wishbones are the same but ball joints are different.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 06:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Ginge not being horrible at all but if its not scratching the surface, you have probably burnt the bit out. Drilling metal is a very slow process!

Wishbones are the same but ball joints are different.

The drill bit was brand new - it was a mains drill the second time round, and a slow process indeed... BUT as you've seen, the O/S wishbone needs replacing soon or later. it's in a sorry state as it is.

And the balljoint i've got from ECP with the reg, so..... more than likely will be wrong and will need 193,235 attempts before getting the right one from them lol
Thanks given by:
when i drilled my set they were a bitch to do
you need a sharp drill or two of many size's and work up from the small then you may have a chance of chiseling the head off,then punching the rivet through
Thanks given by:
Doesnt matter how new the bit is! Its all dependant on keeping the bit as cool as possible by drilling slowly and using paraffin ideally to aid cooling. Get it too hot and you will just melt the bit then you might as well try using a tooth pick!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Turns out the ball joint is fine it's just play in the wheel bearing. Numpties. So what happens at the mot? The 'worn' part they stated is technically fine and it's something else that's causing the play so I don't know how that works with the mot as its technically their fault for miss diagnosing a fault.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 07:03 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Turns out the ball joint is fine it's just play in the wheel bearing. Numpties. So what happens at the mot? The 'worn' part they stated is technically fine and it's something else that's causing the play so I don't know how that works with the mot as its technically their fault for miss diagnosing a fault.

Doh

don't throw more spanners into the works
Thanks given by:
Doesnt matter Max. Either way its failed regardless of its its a BJ or the wheel bearing. Ive got a 18mm hub here you can have if you come and get it tomorrow. its NS though. Dont know if thats your problem side?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
O/S mate ThumbsUp x
Thanks given by:
That's what I thought, still annoying and miss leading because they can't do their job properly.
It's off side by the way Niall but cheers for the offer.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I know what your saying, its annoying but even if you appeal it, it will still fail on a wheel bearing. f*cked either way Sad

Edit: Btw will have a hub and wishbone next weekend if your waiting till next weekend you can have for a good price
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well the re-test will only re-test on the failures. It can't retest and find new faults; so if it's a pass, it's a pass. A hub can be replaced at a later date, and cheers Niall, might well consider that ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
they might not even put it on the ramps just look to see its clean and looks like it has been replaced Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 44,221 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
Rainbow Diablo 306 HDi Project dhdcdarchy 80 23,587 28-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 43,123 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191