Stage 3 XUD project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 3 XUD project
Dont beat yourself up over rolling road figures, if it goes well, well it goes well Smile Focus on what you want to do with the car, GT28RS etc and go from there.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How can i get to pull fuel up then? Electric lift pump? I dont know what it will rev to i will check, what should i tell them to rev it to tommorow then? Also, the 28 the pics ive seen it looks a decent size tbh, its not my intention to copy anyone just to clarify.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Let them Rev it to 5000 Grand by which point both power and torque will be rapidly declining and you will have an idea of how your engine is doing. Electric lift pumps seem to work but its down to the Vane pump cavitating and not being able to take the demand of fuel at such high RPMs (in VE terms). First thing i would do though is take the standard lift pump out and see if the gauze needs a quick clean.
Thanks given by:
But it does off way before 5k, so if they take it to 5k, surely its going to effect the results instead of say, letting them take it to 4300?
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:But it does off way before 5k, so if they take it to 5k, surely its going to effect the results instead of say, letting them take it to 4300?

How will it effect the results? they should be the same but the graph will end at 5k and not 4.3, otherwise it should be identical Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Ahh i understand now, so my graph will look shit lol! how can lower the idle now then any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Padge mine pulls hard to about 5.2k, can take it to 6k but not much point, its better to change up and use the torque.

Also ive got mine to idle at dead on 1000rpm, running at about 1.5 bar.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
mine hasent been gov'ed im sure of it..
Thanks given by:
Who modded the pump? And if it dies off at 4.3k id say maybe it hasnt been modded. Get it RRed to 5k tmrw and you will be able to see as if its the governor pulling back fuel you will see it drop off the graph nicely so to speak. It will not affect your peak power/torque readings!
Thanks given by:
This old bloke in a shed, he did someones pump on pugnet, but it was like a year and a bit ago, and the lad stayed with him to do the gov, so he's only done one before mine, so i bet he's not done it.. proper gutted.
Thanks given by:
Dont be too disheartened mate, get it RRed tommorrow and you can get someone trustworthy to sort you out a govmod at some point! No major rush!
Thanks given by:
You should be able to feel if its been gov modded Padge. push the throttle arm with your fingers all the way to max travel and it should get a bit siffer in the last sort of 1cm of travel. If its smooth all the way to the max stop and theres no change in resistance then id say its not been modded. Smile
Thanks given by:
Its not been done it revs nothing like my mates his will hit 6k easy mine goes near 4k and dies lol getting gov modded in the morning before rr
Thanks given by:
who you getting to do gov in morning lol
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the gov is near stock, get a few washers in there first thing Tongue Only takes 10 mins..

Tell him to rev it out to 5500 for a full graph, will still make a bit of power there and wide graphs are more intresting to learn from than narrow ones....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Aye thanks darren, getting gov'ed at the RR place before rollers, will take it to about 5k just to be safe
Thanks given by:
what time you going mate. dont no if im coming yet but if am a wana see yours on rollers
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
I'll be there about 11 mate.
Thanks given by:
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n180 ... 6989d6.mp4

160BHP/250LBS with gov kicking in, the RR guy said it wasent holding boost and it felt like driving into a wall with the power, it shows up on the graph aswell, dies at about 3800, he said if i can fuel up more higher up, should see 180bhp!
Thanks given by:
So did you not get the gov shimmed in the end then? Wheres the graph man! Tongue
Thanks given by:
nah jp's hands were too cold lol!

i'll get a pic to show it dieing off, give me 2 mins.
Thanks given by:
What a paddy! Haha, would be good to see what it makes once its been shimmed though mate.... Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: f3c13113.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get it bloody done padge
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lol, wtf's up with the 1000rpm power readout?
Thanks given by:
Why dont you do gov mod your self padge its not as hard as what u think have done 4now and i could do it with my eyes shut now get it done
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thats an awful graph lol
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
rather let my mate do it, hes done a few.
Thanks given by:
Anton Wrote:Thats an awful graph lol

I know, you can see the gov killing it.
Thanks given by:
Also, doesnt seem gov modded at all, get on it!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 68,913 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,892 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 37,288 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6