Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)
it looks soooooooooooo much better on clones Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 09:14 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: it looks soooooooooooo much better on clones Smile

Just painting the one in primer as we speak lol so should look alot better with 4 matching ones. Had a problem were the one in primer let is self down about 3 times in one night so put steel on turned out to be valve think ive stoped it leaking now but not 100%.

Blocked the hole off on the turbo yesterday defo made a difference on spooling times lot easyer to drive at lower revs now, So i turned the fuel up half a turn getting 23/24psi now, still dont feel that great tbh i mean its not slow but i was hoping for more but i dont think the fact i still have the standard gov is helping hopefully when thats done it will go abit better.

Might have some decent pic's of the car on cyclones later as gona give it a dam good clean Smile

(29-03-2013, 08:07 AM)Arron Wrote: Noo don't do much to the outside its meant to be a sleeper!!

Im not gona lol only reason i went with cyclones is i needed tyres and these had really good tyres, was tempted to just put the tyres on the steelys but i like the cyclones at the min, plus im getting bord of every one looking at the car and thinking its shit much rather have a car that people look at and think thats nice looks like its looked after. I no its fun on the off chance you get a chav in a saxo next to you but it dont happen very much as when people look at the car they dont think im gona race em

Thanks given by:
i get what you mean about the sleeper look, it gets quite annoying been out in the truck turbo hatch when every car on the road starts eyeing you up and trying to overtake all the time just to prove a point or something, while in the sedan no one notices you (apart from the coal)

oem+ sleeper is the way forward Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:08 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: i get what you mean about the sleeper look, it gets quite annoying been out in the truck turbo hatch when every car on the road starts eyeing you up and trying to overtake all the time just to prove a point or something, while in the sedan no one notices you (apart from the coal)

oem+ sleeper is the way forward Smile

Buy this then Wink or swap for the sedan lol Tbh thinking about putting it up for sale as getting bored of it now but not sure cos i spent a small fortune on it!

What do you think its worth as it is with steelys on? 170,000miles tax till july, mot till oct service 500miles go loads of other stuff been done to it

Thanks given by:
dude! wtf lol. at least get it boosting properly with a hybrid pump and see how you like it then
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:22 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: dude! wtf lol. at least get it boosting properly with a hybrid pump and see how you like it then

lol just getting bored ive nearly done ever thing i can to this apart from gov mod, and the other thing making me wana sell it is on delivery's im only getting just over 32mpg stop start all the time i used to get 52mpg stop start around town on my old 106 1.5 plus it was a hell of alot cheaper to insure etc..... hmmmmm not really sure not made my mind up

Thanks given by:
gov modding changes everything man, opens up a hole new rev range that the td04 will really benifit from. do it and im sure youl fall back in love with it (at least for a little bit) haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:27 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: gov modding changes everything man, opens up a hole new rev range that the td04 will really benifit from. do it and im sure youl fall back in love with it (at least for a little bit) haha

Yer thats what im hopeing lol see how it goes will be getting it gov modded when i go see jenks when i go get the '6 shocks and loweing springs.

Wheel is painted now any way sat drying on the back not the best job but as the primer that ash had painted had reacted but not fussed as was just a quick job so i had all the same colour wheels

[Image: 306blue82_zps59c45e7d.jpg]
[Image: 306blue83_zps701e569c.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Must be the gov mod as mine takes off quite well. Not sure about the LDA but I'm assuming mine has probably been adjusted but the pin is standard.
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 12:32 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Must be the gov mod as mine takes off quite well. Not sure about the LDA but I'm assuming mine has probably been adjusted but the pin is standard.

Not saying my car is slow, but i was expecting it to be faster, you no what psi you maxing at? whats smoke level like off boost??

Any way cleaned the car looks quite well now with all 4 cyclones in the same colour and good polish and black bits (insted of grey lol)

[Image: DSC00482_zpsaeec503b.jpg]
[Image: DSC00483_zps6fe3fb6e.jpg]
[Image: DSC00484_zpsd3797e12.jpg]
[Image: DSC00485_zpsf9575aab.jpg]
[Image: DSC00486_zps60c86206.jpg]
[Image: DSC00487_zpsc5b18daa.jpg]
[Image: DSC00488_zpse8cf74c5.jpg]
[Image: DSC00489_zpsa48ee162.jpg]

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
You need the front badge back on, would look real tidy then
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 01:51 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: You need the front badge back on, would look real tidy then

Its in the boot snaped the clips off Sad was gona glue it on but then i wouldnt be able to get to the bolt to take grill off Undecided

Thanks given by:
I replaced the bolt with a plastic stud that presses Into the hole then just glued the badge back over it. Only need to undo the top bolts now then just pull the grill off Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 02:14 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I replaced the bolt with a plastic stud that presses Into the hole then just glued the badge back over it. Only need to undo the top bolts now then just pull the grill off Smile

Thanks will try that, was thinking about just takeing bolt out but didnt want it to rattle about lol

Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 01:48 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(29-03-2013, 12:32 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Must be the gov mod as mine takes off quite well. Not sure about the LDA but I'm assuming mine has probably been adjusted but the pin is standard.

Not saying my car is slow, but i was expecting it to be faster, you no what psi you maxing at? whats smoke level like off boost??

I've seen 25psi and not sure about smoke, usually when I give it some I concentrate more on where I'm going than the guage or the smoke haha
Thanks given by:
take the xnd badge off mate, it's wonky and looks shit . . . .otherwise good work . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 06:44 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: take the xnd badge off mate, it's wonky and looks shit . . . .otherwise good work . .Smile

Yer i was thinking about takeing it off but i used supidly strong super glue and dont wana rip paint off Sad

Any way bit of an update OH DEAR!

[Image: 306blue84_zps1ca4d10d.jpg]

Slight bit of rust looks like i just caught it in time before it eat though the seat belt mount, hopefully get it welded tomorrow or tuesday, Gona buy some under seal and re underseal the whole car while we got a bit better weather and see if i can spot any more rust.......

Thanks given by:
Got welding done

[Image: 306blue86_zps43911c57.jpg]

Undersealed all the arch so hopefully will see the car out now, Gona re under seal all the floor make sure theres no more rust.

Been slowly working on lowering the back but as per usual the off set washer was seized in so been soaking it in wd40 did absolute fook all, got some plus gas sprayed it 30 seconds later

[Image: 306blue85_zps2bfa908b.jpg]

Its out so now soaking the torsion bars every time i get in car so hopefuly when i get a full day might be able to get the back lowered Smile

Thanks given by:
Bud did your arch have the plastic liner still in?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Bad luck about the rust mate but at least it's sorted now. Mine was twice as bad as that lol.

looks good, just need to get rid of that dodgy badge lol
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 01:16 PM)Arron Wrote: Bud did your arch have the plastic liner still in?

No never had a 306 with a arch liner in the passanger side rear arch Undecided

(03-04-2013, 01:22 PM)MarkTD Wrote: Bad luck about the rust mate but at least it's sorted now. Mine was twice as bad as that lol.

looks good, just need to get rid of that dodgy badge lol

Yer think I might take it off just worried about it pulling paint off cos I used super glue it some propa stuff to my mate gets from his work, not sure how I would get it off

Thanks given by:
Been to see jenks this morning he worked his magic on the pump now it is gov modded (BIG thanks to jenks agin), Gave it abit of stick boosting around 24/26psi quite quick on acceleration when keeping it above 3,000rpm but when i tried to do a 30-70 time seems really slow. Probably wont help being on a strong veg mix. Will see how it goes may turn the fuel up abit agin but not sure yet.

Heres the vid 30-70mph It looks sooooo slow Sad To be honest i blame the de wastegated turbo cos i would be able to put alot more fuel in with out pushing the psi though the roof..... Defo wont be de-wastegateing another turbo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ5W8CkE5-c

Also why i was at jenks picked up the gti6 gmax shocks and lowering springs and a 6 master cylinder Smile
[Image: 306blue87_zps9acc4bc9.jpg]

Pic of pump in bits didnt get pic of the gov as forgot lol
[Image: 306blue88_zpsfcae8c48.jpg]

Next up gti6 bits anti roll bars front and back 6 brakes, and 6 rear shocks Oh also got a strut brace that im painting that i bought of a mate to.....

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
have you plugged the hole on the turbo yet?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 11:55 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: have you plugged the hole on the turbo yet?

yer did that abit ago used cemical metal, blocked up nicely, when i did it could tell difference straight away spooled quicker

Thanks given by:
lol, strong mix of veg says it all, my td04 was dewastegate and was boosting way off the gauge and that thing was not slow at all.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is your gmax kit the 30mm drop one or the 60mm?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Probably the veg mix, mine is only half and half at the moment and I've noticed a little difference.
Thanks given by:
even with the gov mod you wont notice much of a performance increase on the veg, fill it up with straight derv, change the fuel filter and try again, made a very noticeable difference on the sedan, diesel made another 2k rpm available compared to veg
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 02:07 PM)Ben Wrote: Is your gmax kit the 30mm drop one or the 60mm?

30mm I belive jenks said it lowered 30/35mm

And will put some straight derv in when im feeling rich. Lol

Thanks given by:
Not much of an update but

[Image: 306blue89_zps74db5e52.jpg]

Roof rack it adds to the sleeper look but doubt it will be staying on all the time as only need it to move some ladders then probably will end up in shed doing nowt lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 27,463 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 199,411 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,939 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01