205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
(16-03-2013, 06:42 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Sorry?? Running a DT with NO FANS?! Thts crazy.. it is a budget build; a slimline fan for £30 won't push the bank luckily.

I'm not sure how you've never come to a 20 minute queue and not had yours fans kick in, my DT has always done this.. And don't fancy risking over heating and long term damage for the sake of a fan

but extra money for a bosch will?

Sorry but that IC ruins the look imo
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My fans have never cut in, and IIRC I've never been that worried about the temperature that I thought they should do.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Each to there own as always Smile

It's an idea for now; the IC may be placed behind a grill.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Grill would be better. Much more sleeper. Oh and i hope that bumper is being painted. looks like a deer has hit it at the moment!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 06:49 PM)Niall Wrote: Grill would be better. Much more sleeper. Oh and i hope that bumper is being painted. looks like a deer has hit it at the moment!

Oh deer Niall
Thanks given by:
How deer you both take the piss like that. ..
Thanks given by:
[Image: iz3w8ndBI5A9R.gif]
Thanks given by:
in all fairness i can understand not getting it painted professionally. Most body shops are very deer for paint work....

ill get my coat.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 06:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: My fans have never cut in, and IIRC I've never been that worried about the temperature that I thought they should do.

As a driver of DI motor, you really cant contemplate the difference IDI makes!!!

My IDI at 200+ literally produced more heat than my boiler in the workshop on boost....then my mtdi making 200hp was having issues getting up to temp until i sorted out the stat! Totally different animals, thats why DI is total win lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 07:58 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 06:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: My fans have never cut in, and IIRC I've never been that worried about the temperature that I thought they should do.

As a driver of DI motor, you really cant contemplate the difference IDI makes!!!

My IDI at 200+ literally produced more heat than my boiler in the workshop on boost....then my mtdi making 200hp was having issues getting up to temp until i sorted out the stat! Totally different animals, thats why DI is total win lol!

Furry muff, I hadn't really thought of that. Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Cheers Darren ThumbsUp

as for the intercooler, it MAY end up being too big anywho, so wherever it ends up being put, i'll be attempting OEM anywho; the reason for it being put up where the grill was becuase a) the grill is missing since the accident, B) i've "heard" people having difficulties putting a FMIC, and 3) the budget previously wouldn't account for a front mount. Now i've sold a few bits, and got discounted/donated parts from around there's a few pennies to spend on a front mount Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 08:34 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Cheers Darren ThumbsUp

as for the intercooler, it MAY end up being too big anywho, so wherever it ends up being put, i'll be attempting OEM anywho; the reason for it being put up where the grill was becuase a) the grill is missing since the accident, B) i've "heard" people having difficulties putting a FMIC, and 3) the budget previously wouldn't account for a front mount. Now i've sold a few bits, and got discounted/donated parts from around there's a few pennies to spend on a front mount Smile

god you really havent thought about this have you?

Roof mount! Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 05:25 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Do you have something similar?! it's goig to be tight, as the fans are currently blocking most of it; but some slimline fans will sort it

YHPM. Wink

Can't really argue with their logic there, bosch would be far better money spent on a budget build imho.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Agree; Bosch ~£60, labour on modifications, free...

FMIC, £30, boost pipes, fiver... Again, on the receipt and budget it's not putting anything in jeopardy and still keeping under the £1k allowance
Thanks given by:
Just read this from start to finish...hope all goes to plan once Bosch + VNT are fitted! I'm getting KrisB to Bosch mine on the 29th...and as childish as it is I'm counting sleeps until then...!

Love 205's though, been in a 1.9GTi and it was like a go-kart...
Thanks given by:
Thanks pal Smile

Yeh i've got most of the parts, it's just finding the time and space to get it all together. No doubt it will be ready for the challenge! Smile
Thanks given by:
..anyway.

The car has recently taken a catastrophic failure - the car started off with a bad side-to-side shake when under load, initial thought was bearing, but has got continously worse and now it soundd (when under load) the car is going to snap something considerable with a large amount of side to side wobble (and when i say large, i mean, horrendously large, a good foot sidetoside movement).

After speaking to max and attempting to diagnose myself, we've concluded the clutch has collapsed and creating a horrendous amount of slap. So no driving for now - i done about 150miles as it was to get it home, and need to do another 100 or so to get it on the drive..

All parts have been ordered, apart from clutch and engine mounts - going to get on that this evening probably, then get the new engine in ASAP so the car is still on the road.
Running a T2 for now on a TMIC until i get round to sorting the adapter plates and down pipe for the VNT.
Thanks given by:
I've seen driveshaft inner joints cause faults like that, like it's dried up or fitted incorrectly, it's with looking at before you pull the box out,
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 12:22 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: I've seen driveshaft inner joints cause faults like that, like it's dried up or fitted incorrectly, it's with looking at before you pull the box out,

fixable?

this is the 'knuckle' type fixing under the CV boot? what's the best way to fix/replace it? the whole shaft?

(22-03-2013, 12:22 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: I've seen driveshaft inner joints cause faults like that, like it's dried up or fitted incorrectly, it's with looking at before you pull the box out,

You my friend sound spot on

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7653747_test-i...joint.html

In this case - looks like i'm going to need a new CV joint then.. they're selling the whole nearside shaft on ebay for £40 delivered. happy days
Thanks given by:

Same happened to mine on my d turbo the drivers side inner boot had split caused the car to shake side to side

Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 12:46 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Same happened to mine on my d turbo the drivers side inner boot had split caused the car to shake side to side

there's no splitting of the boot though, i checked that initially, but if it's damaged internally it would make sense. the car (shafts, box etc) has now covred 213k - it was going to happen at some point i suppose
Thanks given by:
Sometimes they just dry up inside, and when they get hot they start to seize up, causing car to shake,
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 12:51 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: Sometimes they just dry up inside, and when they get hot they start to seize up, causing car to shake,

Yes - it gets a lot worse when it gets hot. I took Max out yesterday to help diagnose, car had been sat for a while, nothing, i then go to drive home and 10minutes in, BOOM, it starts to flare up!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it, normally the NSF inner!
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 01:12 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: Sounds like it, normally the NSF inner!

Awesome help - is there any way to check it before buying a new one - the boot hasn't split..

repped also ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Ahhhh! This is good news! Smile x
Thanks given by:
Just pop the clip off, pull boot back, do this on car, if it's been hot you will see the colour change,
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 01:51 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: Just pop the clip off, pull boot back, do this on car, if it's been hot you will see the colour change,

from a blacky gungy colour to. ...... _____________ ?
Thanks given by:
Indigo
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 02:24 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Indigo

Dodgy shooo..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,017 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,126 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,117 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb