Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)
Looking well matey!! Dont worry about boost ive just sealed all mine up but pumps been messed with too much need to have a good look at mine as only getting 31 psi and pump runs away if turned up anymore so mite be time for 11mm Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 11:09 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Looking well matey!! Dont worry about boost ive just sealed all mine up but pumps been messed with too much need to have a good look at mine as ONLY getting 31 psi and pump runs away if turned up anymore so mite be time for 11mm Smile

ONLY?? 31psi lol doubt i will take mine that far dont wana kill it will be happy around 20-25psi, what boost are you going to be going for? isnt 30psi enough? arnt you gona start to smash the engine to bits if you go with any more boost?

Thanks given by:
Well just looking at devils own kit for when it goes over that to keep charge temp etc down but IMO 28psi is safe on a TD04 ive ran that with a leaking manifold for about 6 month lol
Thanks given by:
Can see 40psi from a tdo4 done a few poor tuned cars that ended up slipping clutches boosting 40psi plus
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 12:14 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Can see 40psi from a tdo4 done a few poor tuned cars that ended up slipping clutches boosting 40psi plus

LOL i will be happy with 25psi dont wana go mental with the boost want the car to last me

Well went to car this morning to sort the oil leak it was the oil return line the gasket between the turbo and metal pipe so put a new gasket on should be sorted now.

When i was laid under car with it running looking for the oil leak heard water dripping f@@king radiator had burst Angry so took it off ended up killing the clips that hold the bottom pipe on so now with out a car till peugeot get me the pipe in should be in tomorrow morning hopefully..... Spent so much on this car starting to piss me off abit now hope i get some trouble free motoring for a few months now

[Image: 882767_10200848583202386_19568590_o_zps6dc91309.jpg]

Thanks given by:
That bottom clip is an arse!!!

So have you let the td04 come on boost properly yet?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 05:31 PM)Arron Wrote: That bottom clip is an arse!!!

So have you let the td04 come on boost properly yet?

I only drove car about 2 miles but I have turned pump right down so I can bed it in but still boosting 15psi, gona turn it up a tiny bit cos theres no power down low, that bad bearly manged to get car on ramps to do rad, once I get rad sorted will get to see what its like, carnt wait tbh haveing to use fiancee's car at min 07 plate 1.2 punto god help me lol

Thanks given by:
Fixed rad and oil leak, so all back as it should be now Smile Just going to bed the turbo in and start turning it up, Also seen an add for cheap veg on ebay just been and got 220liters at 72p a liter brand new veg to Smile

Got a question

[Image: 111turbo_zps8a6dd097.jpg]

This pipe that comes of the side of the turbo normally goes to the wastgate so i tried to block it off with a bit of pipe and a bolt in the end and it came off with in about 30 seconds, Will it be ok as it is?? or would it be best to block it off was thinking about some of that chemical metal on it? Advice please Smile

Thanks given by:
nope that needs blocking . .epic boost leak otherwise . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Bit of pipe with bolt in the end and a jubilee clip should hold it in there!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2013, 04:16 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: nope that needs blocking . .epic boost leak otherwise . Smile

Carnt see it being epic leak its only like 2/3mm hole but will get it blocked up when I can be arsed to go down back of eninge agin

(19-03-2013, 04:25 PM)Tom Wrote: Bit of pipe with bolt in the end and a jubilee clip should hold it in there!

Thats what I did but it come off straight away Undecided

Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-SILICONE-H...4d00cbbdaf

Try one of them, better than having a bolt in the end of it
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You say it's "only a small hole" but a hole around the same size made a 30hp boost leak on seans HDi
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2013, 08:50 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: You say it's "only a small hole" but a hole around the same size made a 30hp boost leak on seans HDi

Think that will make me get it sorted asap lol

Thanks given by:
haha! should spool up much faster once it's plugged lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dude a fcuked D seal can lose you many psi's . . . .that is a big leak right there homeboy . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 12:14 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: dude a fcuked D seal can lose you many psi's . . . .that is a big leak right there homeboy . .lol

True do you no how the small metal pipe comes out of the hole? so i can take it out then put some that chemical metal stuff over it to block it

Thanks given by:
Iv got a silicone hose with zip tie on bolt and pipe works a treat
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 09:25 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Iv got a silicone hose with zip tie on bolt and pipe works a treat

Maybe in need to secure the pipe on better, dont wana have to keep taking engine off its mount getting right on my tits now having to go down back of engine all time, so think i will try the chemical metal stuff should block it off good

Thanks given by:
Plugged the hole yet? (giggity)

I bought a piece of pipe that originally was meant to go from there to the actuator, obviously not needed now so cut about 2" off, used some instant gasket on the pipe and the turbo.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 09:24 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Plugged the hole yet? (giggity)

I bought a piece of pipe that originally was meant to go from there to the actuator, obviously not needed now so cut about 2" off, used some instant gasket on the pipe and the turbo.

Not yet lol its on my to do list tho just decied to try and have one week off were I dont work on the car got cuts and oil stained fingers from working on the car all the time will get round to it tho .

Thanks given by:
Not much of an update but hit a milestone today Wink

[Image: 306blue78_zps5dff5f30.jpg]

Car is booked in to garage to have new wheel bearing tomorrow. snow pulled my handbrake cable down and exhaust shield so hopefully he can sort that to tomorrow.

Picking up some cyclones off ash23 hopefully tomorrow as well as i got a slow puncture so just deiced to have the steelys as spares and go to cyclones. Hopefully might make my car look abit better.

Still got the hole on turbo to block up, still boosting 20psi with no smoke what so ever no matter how much i floor it off boost. So needs some more tuneing really but getting every thing else sorted first. Also might have some gti6 brakes finaly just waiting some one to get back to me.

Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 09:29 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(20-03-2013, 09:25 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Iv got a silicone hose with zip tie on bolt and pipe works a treat

Maybe in need to secure the pipe on better, dont wana have to keep taking engine off its mount getting right on my tits now having to go down back of engine all time, so think i will try the chemical metal stuff should block it off good

If i can fit 16" forearms down and put the pipe on im sure you can Smile without the engine off mount lol
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 02:35 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(20-03-2013, 09:29 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

If i can fit 16" forearms down and put the pipe on im sure you can Smile without the engine off mount lol

How do you do that? i carnt see any way off getting down there with it on its mount, I have the air feed side of the master cylinder tho, I will get to it in time lol just wana get every thing else sorted first

Thanks given by:
I can get down its a tight squeeze and i lose a tad of brake fluid from pushin arm down the gap but is possible lol

My tip get silicon hose bout 2" blanks and zip tied one end and losely out zip tie on othe end and push on turbo and pull tight while arm stil in lol
Thanks given by:
So bit of an update had the wheel bearing done feels like i had my ears cut off lol the peace and quite is bliss..... Well till someing else starts rattleing or falls off lol

Also picked up cyclones of ash23

[Image: 306blue79_zpsaafbc986.jpg]
[Image: 306blue80_zpse265d399.jpg]

One needs painting but gona wait till we get some hot weather so i can spray them thinking of going for a different colour any way.

Also if every thing goes to plan will have some gti front shocks with 30/35mm lowering springs, will have to look in to getting rear lowered same amount.

Seems to be coming on nicely Smile Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Looks good dude does need some side skirts and sport bumpers on it Smile overall its coming on nicely chap
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 12:53 PM)sam Wrote: Looks good dude does need some side skirts and sport bumpers on it Smile overall its coming on nicely chap

Might have to look in to it when i got some money, Got some bits and bobs to sort first before i look in to any more modding parts.

Thanks given by:
Noo don't do much to the outside its meant to be a sleeper!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 27,464 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 199,412 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,940 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01