Locking wheel nut key replacement for cyclones?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking wheel nut key replacement for cyclones?
Today I lost the locking wheel nut key for the original bolts which came with my original 15" cyclones.

I was under pressure and realise now that I left the key on the nearside-rear wheel before driving two miles down the road. I took a long walk later this afternoon, but could not find it anywhere.

How can I get a replacement? Or just get the wheels off?
Thanks given by:
any tyre shop will have the tools to remove them. Probably abut 10 minutes work to get all 4 out then go and buy a decent set of lockers. The original pug ones are crap!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nobody is gonna steal clones so you might as well just get 4 normal bolts and never have to worry about loosing the key again.
Thanks given by:
As DumDum says, currently on the lookout for 4 standard bolts for
This very reason!

I have the bolt removing tools if you're local
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Find a socket that is a touch smaller than the locker , smash it over the top with a larg hammer and crack it off, do this x4 then as said above replace with normal wheel nuts, iv done this on all 3 of my current 306 because the lockers are such a PITA

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
yeh socket works well.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If its any help I've done the socket method all be it on a ford was 19 or 21 mm socket smack it on with a hammer and hey presto universal locking nut removal tool and very effective to may I add
Thanks given by:
We used a socket on mine, I now have 3 stud weight saving cylones.
Thanks given by:
I have tried the socket method for all I am worth with a big claw hammer but have been unable to get it to key-into the locking nut. I have tried 15mm, 17mm, 19mm, 21mm, and 23mm, hammering hard for as long as I could - but nothing. This is with brand new chrome vanadium driver heads. I don't understand how it could be so easy for everyone else!

If anyone with the right tools is located near the Midlands, Cheshire, or Nottingham, please let me know as I would be very grateful for your help.

I am collecting new alloy wheels on Friday and would love to be able to fit them!
Thanks given by:
I've got lots of old imperial sockets that yo can hammer over if you want to come and grab a few - located Droitwich
Thanks given by:
For reference, these 4-pin locking wheel nut keys supplied by Peugeot for the later 306s, are an absolutely nightmare to remove. The socket and hammer method does not work.

[Image: IMAG06052-2.jpg]

Andy and I couldn't shift them. The six garages that I visited in central Birmingham also either took one look and refused, or tried and came up short.

My service manual tells me that my wheel nut key code is H6X1. If anyone can help me then please let me know. Thanks

Looks like I am not the only one who has had a nightmare with these keys:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/gene...eys-24944/

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/i...tm?t=51113
Thanks given by:
Not sure if a socket called a gator grip would work on that, heres something simlar with some ideas http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?4...-wheel-nut
Thanks given by:
Those sockets are complete wank...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We tried welding a hex nut to it today - various sizes - all failed. My brother is skilled with a mig, but the size of the nut, and the lack of access due to the alloy wheel closely surrounding it, made the welding conditions less than ideal.

The other bolts on each wheel were tightened to over 100nm, and when we used a breaker-bar on the welded hex nut, it broke the weld. Repeatedly.

Nothing for it but to let Peugeot ra*e me for £50 for a replacement key. Dodgy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing locking wheel nuts? Colactix 12 2,936 13-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Colactix
  Wheel bolts for cyclones SACHAx 10 2,727 09-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Dale
  Locking wheel nut help karl1989 15 3,531 18-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Last Post: ConorTRG