Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
My old land rover used to run on LPG from start - never put any petrol in it in 3yrs lol.
The only problem I ever had was the vaporiser froze over a couple of times but pi$$ing on it soon warmed it up again Smile
Thanks given by:
Dads car is petrol with lpg conversion, the type with a button to switch between the two. Apart from the initial setup issues where the people who put it in messed up he's had no reliability issues, except AC which can't be blamed on the lpg.
It does run a bit rough on cold if you start with lpg , suppose it'd be similar to a diesel running veg....

so long story short, buy a diesel and get some boost back in ya
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 04:39 PM)lolsteve Wrote: so long story short, buy a diesel and get some boost back in ya

GTFO

Lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 01:49 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: And Dum, just re-reading your post, you can't just bung a load more in to increase the calorific value of the charge; that;s like throwing more petrol in; it'll just run rich if you can't get enough air in to burn it... unless I'm misunderstanding how LPG conversions work, in which case I'm happy to be educated!

Yes please read up on the subject and be educated.

This is why LPG systems do about 10% lower fuel economy as they use 10% more fuel to get the same value of calories in the charge.

Piggyback LPG kits work by reading the petrol injector signal and adding 10% to that value for their own injection.

It wont be running rich, look at cars that run on methanol, their mixture is very wet at about 6:1
Thanks given by:
ffs chris i cant keep up with you!
saloon
dutton
cabbie
estate
BMW
gti6

in 12 months i maybe missing something!
Thanks given by:
2 BMWs lol cully, the Dutton and the sedan were over 12 months ago.

A taster for those who haven't seen on Facebook
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 07:23 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 2 BMWs lol cully, the Dutton and the sedan were over 12 months ago.

A taster for those who haven't seen on Facebook

That looks soo much better! I didn't think the wheels suited the car but not that it's lowered they look mint.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
hmmm gold masks and badge?

looks nice and crisp that!
Thanks given by:
Looks wank Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Looks good man!!!! the brembo's deafend you to death yet?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, how is your hearing since the brembo fitting? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Wads gonna say gold masks? Cully beat me to it.

Looking good though mate
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Brembos aren't deafening me yet but they're getting worse, think they're at the stage of making small children cry.
Thanks given by:
hmmm, thats so offputting. Get a vid? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Intrigued by the gold masks, will have to wait til i see it next.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
theyll get worse... damp days seem worse though. like i said, try teflon sticky stuff on pads
Thanks given by:
Gold masks aint happening. Theyll look shit and chavvy.

The squealing is getting worse the more they bed in.

When i first drove them the first couple of miles were completely noise free, then it started whistling and getting louder and louder then developed into a squeal thats getting louder and if anything more high pitched. Its now bad enough that whenever I brake people stare.

What interests me is the change in noise at different speeds, above 80 there is no braking noise. the worst noise is below 10mph.

That said the braking is better than I was expecting, the instant bite is great and with a good shove itll make the back end go light, not given it full beans on the brakes yet, want to do a few 100-0s

Genuinely cant wait for my G88s to turn up
Thanks given by:
So you got it all done then bud! How does it drive now with all the new stuff?

Get pics on here chris I don't do face book
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The pedal feel on mine with brembo's is brillant. As i said befor i choose to live with the squel its annoying but humerous. Cars looking sweet though mate look forward to a update saying BUCKETS FITTED lol
Thanks given by:
Heres the pic for those who didnt see it on the last page. Haven't had a chance to get good pics yet because the car is dirty.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=2337]

(29-08-2012, 05:38 PM)Jonny b Wrote: So you got it all done then bud! How does it drive now with all the new stuff?
The drive is amazing, theres alot of vibrations at the moment till the suspension rubbers and lower mount soften in a bit. Also the PU exhaust mounts on the back box and the double thickness center mount are causing some vibrations too but i love it. Its added a huge amount of speed to the cornering abilities of what was already a great handling car.

(29-08-2012, 11:24 PM)thethorne Wrote: The pedal feel on mine with brembo's is brillant. As i said befor i choose to live with the squel its annoying but humerous. Cars looking sweet though mate look forward to a update saying BUCKETS FITTED lol
Cheers mate, I cant live with the noise, its too much. Hopefully buckets will be before the end of September. Ive definitely got one sorted, just need to find a second one.

Oh and the car lost another 10kgs mainly from the AC compressor but also the roof lining and some other interior bits have come out.

The lightening dum-dum project is also coming along nicely, Im down to 15st 3lb from 16st 13lb at my heaviest. Hopefully going to have a bit of a push this week to drop below 15st as Ive been pretty steady at 15st3lb for a week or so.
Thanks given by:
Cars looking sweet now Chris Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm lost! But ok looking car anyways haha
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My car is now almost 120kg lighter (10% lighter)

My standard 1/4 mile time was 15.9s at 1160kg and 16.1s at 1225kg with the same engine mods as i have now. I dont know what the 0-60 time was but I wish I had measured it. These times were done at santa pod so are known to be accurate.

Well tonights figures timed on the GPS on my phone (so no speedo error) are

Thats 0-60mph in 6.81s
and a standing 1/4 mile of 14.15s
Thanks given by:
Love your car, love your project and love that your trying to make it as fast as possible!

My friend has a 205 rallye with an Mi16 engine, which he often tells me has some high amount of horsepower per tonne but I can't remember the exact figures.

He's removed the same stuff as you, starting weight is 794kg so bring that down to 674kg with 189bhp would come out as 280bhp, sounds bit high? It is very quick though
Thanks given by:
I bet you'd be pretty upset if your old HDi estate you sold me was quicker than your stripped out GTi6... oh wait...

/troll
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Dum-dum; i dont mean to be rude in any sense, but how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Just going to do some math here...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Im 6ft 4in and 15stone on a good day.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2012, 01:34 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Im 6ft 4in and 15stone on a good day.

...doesn't this make the whole weighing and weight saving fairly pointless? shouldn't you just give the car to some thin chap? TMI
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2012, 07:38 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

...doesn't this make the whole weighing and weight saving fairly pointless? shouldn't you just give the car to some thin chap? TMI

^^^ HARSH haha 15 on a good day haha whats a bad day Chris lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2012, 07:38 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

I am in the process of lightening myself, I was almost 17st a few months ago.

(03-09-2012, 08:35 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: haha 15 on a good day haha whats a bad day Chris lol

I think all this needs now Chris is a nice derv transplant... come to the darkside BOOST FTW
A bad day is about 15 and a half, my weight goes up and down massively on a day to day basis.

Im gonna build myself a 2.2 GTi6 lump with some cams which should be good for about 240bhp, maybe ITBs too and im gonna fit my nitrous kit as soon as i get a bottle at a sensible price.

Might get a diseasel as a daily, maybe another sedan but with a 2.1TD lump and veg power.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,308 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,602 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,194 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum