Hunter the B-road sigma..
Same tool box as one of mine!! How much
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:How much

i dont know mate...

lmao

[Image: C1j5b.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I paid 50 for mine so Iam guessing you paid feck all lol
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:I paid 50 for mine so Iam guessing you paid feck all lol

can you not see that picture Confusedhock:

£119.99, reduced to £49.99 with a £10 halfords voucher.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha wasn't looking in the background!! You said look at what I got so I did lol
Thanks given by:
That +trade card could have been win :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:That +trade card could have been win :-)

erm i think trade is excluded on sale prices...?
Thanks given by:
I got mine over crimbo, was 199 but 50% off good box for the money
Thanks given by:
Ginge with your temp probe drill into the TMIC and epoxy it in there just on the exit and see if you can get better readings.

With making a water spray get a very small bit of metal piping and drill a line of tiny holes in it (in the scrap yard a load of cars have a small diameter power steering cooler pipe in the air flow) then put that on top of the TMIC so you can get a good spread of cooling.

If not VW polos have mist jets you can get cheaps.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Ginge with your temp probe drill into the TMIC and epoxy it in there just on the exit and see if you can get better readings.

With making a water spray get a very small bit of metal piping and drill a line of tiny holes in it (in the scrap yard a load of cars have a small diameter power steering cooler pipe in the air flow) then put that on top of the TMIC so you can get a good spread of cooling.

If not VW polos have mist jets you can get cheaps.

great info there mate with the cooling idea!

as for the probe, only issue being is that it would need to be removable, i was saying yo flynn the other day, the IC comes on and off a lot, so making something removable and TIGHT to not leak boost is a challenge.

Oh, forgot to add, i'm picking up a new bumper next week ninja
Thanks given by:
Why not add some spade connectors to the wire to make it removable? Could extend it then too to put it where ever
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:Why not add some spade connectors to the wire to make it removable? Could extend it then too to put it where ever

but then those spades are going to be out the outside of the probe, conducting the wrong temperatures :|
Thanks given by:
Oh ginge you are a bit special aren't you! Lol
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Oh ginge you are a bit special aren't you! Lol

not at all? probe into the IC, spade onto the probe, thats fine, solder space onto the wire, making a removable connection, but the spades are going to conduct the temps also - it's exposed metal?

am i missing something?
Thanks given by:
Thats irrelevant, the way a thermocouple works is by having two dissimilar metals fused together, then as the heat changes the properties of them, they produce a small voltage change. As youll never have the spade connectors touching, this would never be an issue.

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:As youll never have the spade connectors touching

Sorry... how does this work then? if there isn't a full circuit? spade connectors not touching at all :|
Thanks given by:
I mean, you'll need two, as there will be two wires coming from the probe. As long as these dont touch, then it'll be fine. It wont turn the spade connectors into a thermocouple, as they are made of the same metal.

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:I mean, you'll need two, as there will be two wires coming from the probe. As long as these dont touch, then it'll be fine. It wont turn the spade connectors into a thermocouple, as they are made of the same metal.

now it's beyond my power, 2 wires = :crazy:
Thanks given by:
hahaha se if this makes things any clearer for ya

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:hahaha se if this makes things any clearer for ya

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple

no, the thermocoupling is fine, that makes sense, but wiring to probe is where it gets confusing..

So i'd nee 2 space connectors, one for each wire?

As for going into the IC, what could i use for that to ensure the probe doesnt get sucked/snapped off
Thanks given by:
Cut the cable and extend the wired inside with the spade connectors

As for it not falling off I've been trying to get my head around it too but don't really know. Its unlikely it would fall off but do want a just in case. Epoxy it into the silicon?
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Cut the cable and extend the wired inside with the spade connectors

As for it not falling off I've been trying to get my head around it too but don't really know. Its unlikely it would fall off but do want a just in case. Epoxy it into the silicon?

hm ok, i might attempt to get myself a second hand IC and have a fiddle with it all over the summer, see what i can do.

might buy a second temp probe also, see what i can do with it all
Thanks given by:
yep two male spade connectors, two female ones, there are the two wires coming from the probe, shown in a circuit diagram on that page i linked you. chop them, then add a bit more wire if needs be, then id personally stagger them to reduce the chances of them touching, then crimp on some spade connectors and cover.
as for the probe, i think Chris meant to drill a hole in the plastic outlet of the ic itself, then araldite the probe in there, then that should tell what temp the air is thats actually going to engine, and you'll be able to see what the difference is when you start spraying

Thanks given by:
ohhhh ok, awesome sam, nice info there.

Sounds easy peasy!

i'll get onto look for a spare IC from somewhere and get bodging a temp setup ready.
Thanks given by:
yep, piece of piss, dont even need to solder anything!
tho, if you wanted to make it smaller looking, then you could butcher a loom plug and get the connectors from that and solder them in, or even an old loom connector to make it look oem. might have one in my box of tricks, can have a look if you like?

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:yep, piece of piss, dont even need to solder anything!
tho, if you wanted to make it smaller looking, then you could butcher a loom plug and get the connectors from that and solder them in, or even an old loom connector to make it look oem. might have one in my box of tricks, can have a look if you like?

Yeh that would be awesome, a simple 2 wired jobby!
Thanks given by:
Went to local pug dealer today to look into a new injector/seals for leaking injector.
The price for a injecor + kit = £69? or something, and the price for JUST the injector was £97 or something, didn't really make sense, he was confused also.

But got the code for that kit so if these new seals don't work, i can go oreder a new injector, paid £1.15 for some new seals, will sort it out once i have my final exam next week, also going to GUNK the engine, clean up all the leakages in the bay.

Went to get my wheels re-balanced and im a bit annoyed, the only availbale space for the wheel weights, were on the outside of the wheel, he said the wheels were WAY out, and needed the weight, but he did say i could easily chuck a lick of paint over them - so i'll have a go, hopefully won't be too obvious, but hell, is the price i got to pay!

anyway, a shot from today

[Image: cxX3i.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So it happened, im sure Dan! is going to be happy now Confusedhifty:

[Image: 1akiy.jpg]

And any ideas on repairing this? It goes all the way through and under neath; I'm guessing repairing from behind, as SIGMA paint is impossible to come by..

[Image: qU90m.jpg]
Thanks given by:
FYI - best way to do it is NOT to put it into the intercooler...

Get the inlet mani off, and drill/tap a thread into it, then get a sealing olive that fits in there like EGT Thermocouples... Then it never has to be unplugged.

Be wary of adjusting wires with thermocouples, if you cut the wires down, it adjusts the total resistance over the thermocouple and can affect the reading - just something to be wary of, if it comes with wires and a connector, leave them as they are and join onto them Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the info there Ruan, appreciate it! Smile

I was only using it as an experiment and seeing what i'd gain from a 99p temp probe, nothing major; if in the future i have issues with cooling on my TMIC i'll look into some more accurate inlet readings i think Smile

Still trying to trawl t'internet for a decent/compatable vent for my empt fogs at the moment

Finally, have a nice little addition arriving this week
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunter continued with a td04! Tom 364 115,348 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Tom