Dum-Dum's Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Black Rallye
(30-04-2015, 05:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: Haha fair point, i'm just desperately trying to find excuses to see you sooner. Inlove
I'm gutted as I'm off Friday 15th - Monday 18th but it's just before pay day so I'm skint

(30-04-2015, 11:57 AM)Bridget Wrote: looks great :-)
Cheers
Thanks given by:
still need a better exhaust babe?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2015, 08:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: still need a better exhaust babe?

Hmmmm, not really. I need a less restrictive de-cat and I'm still on a standard mid section but TBH it's alright for now.
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=20740
Where was that taken, Chernobyl? Big Grin

Looking good, and good luck with oil problems Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2015, 08:55 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=20740
Where was that taken, Chernobyl? Big Grin

Looking good, and good luck with oil problems Wink

Disused Torpedo Range on Loch Long just off the A83 here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.196595...!1e3?hl=en

I'm not sure the oil is a problem, not lost any in the few thousand miles since.
Thanks given by:
Looks beautiful and quiet, i like space and looks like plenty there Big Grin Spent a lot of time driving around Scotland in my previous job and often stopped to drink in the scenery Smile

Well thats good news then, could it have just been a bit low to start with?

Did you sort the brake pipes out too? Sounded scary when you said 20m lock up on a bend!
Thanks given by:
It's a gorgeous spot, my parents live in Arrochar about half a mile down the road from there and I'm very jealous. Going up there straight after Pugfest and contemplating if I can afford to take the rallye or if I'm gonna have to take the NAD.

The oil could possibly of been a little bit low, suppose I don't check it often enough, not much point with my drive being on such a slope.

I currently cant afford the brake pipes, they'll be sorted later this month. The 20m lock up was actually on a straight but slightly damp and slightly down hill road. The ABS on these isn't great.
Thanks given by:
Have you thought of sacking it off all together? ABS that is Wink

Nad might be better on fuel but the fun will be had with the Rallye Big Grin Great roads up there too Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2015, 09:29 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Have you thought of sacking it off all together? ABS that is Wink

Nad might be better on fuel but the fun will be had with the Rallye Big Grin Great roads up there too Big Grin

Nah I want to keep it for MOT time and for the day it might decide to actually work.

NAD will cost me £100 or possibly less on the round trip and the last time I went up in the Rallye was £175 for the round trip.
Thanks given by:
Eeeek! big difference...you could do with another HDi mate Wink

Truesay about the ABS, what about some second-hand lines from a scrappy...you might find some decent ones to salvage for the mean time
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2015, 09:41 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Eeeek! big difference...you could do with another HDi mate Wink

Truesay about the ABS, what about some second-hand lines from a scrappy...you might find some decent ones to salvage for the mean time

Nah it's just not worth the effort and the chance of finding decent ones is so minimal it's not worth that. That and I can see them charging £20 for 3 lines which is nearly the new price anyway.
Thanks given by:
Yesterday I started with some FCS prep work getting her drop dead gorgeous for a hopeful prime position.

Gave her a good wash, 2 bucket method and the hose on the hot tap and she didn't look too bad, I suppose as it was only a month since she'd last been done it wasn't terrible.
[attachment=23028]

I then waxed her all over with Meguiars Ultimate and I've got to say although I had been initially impressed with it when I first bought it I'm not so much now. It no longer feels like it goes on as well, definitely doesn't come off as well, I don't think gives the same shine as the Meguiars Gold Class and was kinda swirly. Because of this this morning I've clayed and polished the roof before going over alot of the car with a coat or 2 of gold class and I'm much happier with it. Need to keep piling on the wax before FCS. I also cleaned the last of the glue from the tint film off the drivers window.
[attachment=23029]
[attachment=23030]

To test this the difference between Gold Class and Ultimate I did the bonnet half and half and even with my phone camera you can see the drivers side (Gold Class) is nicer, the line is to the passenger side of the bonnet badge and about 4 inches to the passenger side of the middle wiper spindle.
[attachment=23031]

I also decided to ignore all of you in the poll and start tidying up my smooth grille so ran over it with 1500 grit wet and dry and then blasted it with black to try and pick up any bits that need attention.
[attachment=23032]

As you can see other than a couple of runs there is 2 high spots and a load of stone chips that I hope will fill nicely with high build primer.
[attachment=23033]

I also took off my strut brace as it's clearly old to give it a fresh coat of paint. It's going plain black as I don't particularly need a shouty red brace in my otherwise quite plain engine bay. It was a pain in the arse as one of the adjusters had seized in and needed a f*ck tonne of heat to get it out, had to get the whole end of the brace glowing red.
[attachment=23034]
Thanks given by:
I had a feeling the poll didn't give the result you were after... lol
Thanks given by:
Look really good chris

I used to use poorboys black hole works and sounds really nice Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 02:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I had a feeling the poll didn't give the result you were after... lol
Yeah nobody liked it so it confirmed my decision to do it, If everyone had like'd it I might not of LOL

Also this photo that pitched up when I asked on Facebook that sealed my decision.

[attachment=23038]

(08-05-2015, 03:10 PM)7057sam Wrote: Look really good chris

I used to use poorboys black hole works and sounds really nice Smile
Cheers mate, I'll have a look at that
Thanks given by:
So been sorting some more little bits today

Fitted my Richbrook Discarnect as she's been destroying batteries when I've left her parked for a long time. Need new battery terminals as I snapped the positive one over tightening it and the negative one could be neater and currently only has one earth. Also could do with drilling a hole for the knob of the discarnect in the battery cover and trimming a tiny bit off the edge of it for the sake of neatness.
[attachment=23074]

Also after having had a roll of cloud 9 for over a year decided to do something with it. The old sound deadening wasn't doing particularly well and was disolving in places, think it's got petrol or something eating it. Anyway cleaned and hoovered the boot floor and put bungs in the holes for spare wheel things.
[attachment=23075]

I then drew round a cleaner bit of boot carpet a couple of times and used the off cuts to fill between the gaps, now have 2 and in some places 3 layers of sound deadening under the carpet. I had a sit on it and ended up having a little lie down as it was that comfortable. Just need some of the clips to hold it all together and it'll be hunky dory. Still got enough cloud 9 left to do under the rear seats and behind the quarter panels.
[attachment=23076]
[attachment=23077]
[attachment=23078]
Thanks given by:
Looking good Chris! Its a shame you're not driving it at the moment because you would realise just how much of a difference putting that cloud 9 down makes!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 07:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Looking good Chris! Its a shame you're not driving it at the moment because you would realise just how much of a difference putting that cloud 9 down makes!

Yeah tis a shame but hopefully it makes the drive to FCS more bearable, might not even need the ear defenders on the motorway LOL. It's always nice to not drive the car for a while and when you get back in it it's even better than before. Can't wait for taxing it at the start of next month.
Thanks given by:
Wow this is really coming on now! :-)
Can't believe it's been that long since you've had this. :-)

I highly recommend poorboys black hole for this.
I used it on deggs old hdi and it came up brilliant!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good man. Really got to invest in some cloud 9 myself. Cant wait to see it at fcs
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 07:44 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Wow this is really coming on now! :-)

Cheers mate, I'm so looking forward to having he back on the road, 3 weeks monday and counting Smile
Got plenty I want to get on with before then and have her in tip top condition. A lot of it is bit's and bobs of painting and tidying up stuff like wing mirror caps and that.

(09-05-2015, 07:57 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks good man. Really got to invest in some cloud 9 myself. Cant wait to see it at fcs
Cheers mate. Everyone raves about it, it's certainly easy to work with, cant comment on it's actual sound deadening abilities yet LOL. So excited for FCS, maybe need poorboys black hole before then as I want the shiniest rallye there.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 09:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:44 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Wow this is really coming on now! :-)

Cheers mate, I'm so looking forward to having he back on the road, 3 weeks monday and counting Smile
Got plenty I want to get on with before then and have her in tip top condition. A lot of it is bit's and bobs of painting and tidying up stuff like wing mirror caps and that.

I know that feeling, I can't wait to drive mine again.
Won't be long though, but so much to do and so little time.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 09:34 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Won't be long though, but so much to do and so little time.

Yeah I know that feeling, so much to do and so little cash is more my problem LOL.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 09:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 09:34 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Won't be long though, but so much to do and so little time.

Yeah I know that feeling, so much to do and so little cash is more my problem LOL.
For once in my life I have the money, but I'm working that many hours to have the money and I have no spare time :-(
But will be ready in time I hope.
I bought track time off nathan so it best be ready.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I need to see if and how much overtime I get in this pay slip.

Just remembered I need brake hoses and a new rear tyre as a very minimum on this before it can go anywhere.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 09:52 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I need to see if and how much overtime I get in this pay slip.

Just remembered I need brake hoses and a new rear tyre as a very minimum on this before it can go anywhere.
I'm considering a full set of tyres, or just 2 tyres for mine.
The td pro race are on budgets, 2 look almost new and 2 are close.

Not sure what to go for though and what my budget is yet.
Depends how much I plan on spending for fcs.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 09:58 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I'm considering a full set of tyres, or just 2 tyres for mine.
The td pro race are on budgets, 2 look almost new and 2 are close.

Not sure what to go for though and what my budget is yet.
Depends how much I plan on spending for fcs.

The rallye came on a full set of the latest Falkens so I just keep replacing them like for like when 1 wears out as they are only £35 a corner. They are a very middle ground for tyres, reasonable grip but wear too quickly. I just keep reminding myself they are only £35 each.

I want to do FCS as cheap as possible and spend the money on making cars go faster.
Thanks given by:
dum dum how long will that shine last you? just to give me ideas for mine.
Thanks given by:
My car gets very dusty all the time but that aside gold class lasts weeks.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 11:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: My car gets very dusty all the time but that aside gold class lasts weeks.

I think I will look at that, as I will need to give my car a good working through, i will be driving some distance too!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 227,413 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 20,356 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Black Rallye Ongoing Project hbomb1905 29 9,329 23-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Eeyore