Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD
Brand new horn, button and washer motor was £17.

Also had my bits turn up and the four 100x100x6 plates are too small so or ordered two 150x150x6 plates. You can see it would just about fit but the bolts sit extremely close to the edge..!

[Image: menepa4u.jpg]

[Image: 8y9ejepu.jpg]

[Image: ebygy4y8.jpg]

[Image: yja2yver.jpg]

And the dreaded hole..

[Image: se4eja2y.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Mmmm... 205..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'd have used those first plates, they look ideal to me. Theres no way you are going to pull through that 6mm plate even if it is right on the edge and it covers the mating surface completely Smile
As for 205 electrics IME bad earths cause all sorts of problems. The best thing you can do with the multiple earth connections they have to the chassis is cut them off and throw them in the bin!
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 02:46 PM)Tom Wrote: Mmmm... 205..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Blush

(23-11-2013, 02:51 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: I'd have used those first plates, they look ideal to me. Theres no way you are going to pull through that 6mm plate even if it is right on the edge and it covers the mating surface completely Smile
As for 205 electrics IME bad earths cause all sorts of problems. The best thing you can do with the multiple earth connections they have to the chassis is cut them off and throw them in the bin!

Mmm, I still can! Have 4 of them so can afford to ruin a few! Angel
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Get some cereal packet cardboard and place it over those studs. Get a small hammer, preferably a ball peen and hammer gently so that it breaks thru the card on the studs. Then push card onto mating face. Hammer gently around the edge and it will cut the card perfectly to size. You can do the internal edge this way too.
Remove the gasket you just made and place it on the plate, mark a dot with a pen in center of bolt holes, remove gasket and check they are all equalish to the edge. If they aren't you can remove the dots easily to try again. Just re-dot each dot and before the pen drys rub it with your finger and it'll disappear. Wink
When you are happy that they are where you want them use a centre punch and carefully dot the dots. Check one last time with the gasket that you are happy with the centres and then drill. I normally use a sharp 5 or 6mm for a pilot hole if doing it by hand, then open out to size afterwards Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 04:57 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Bosch fitting

I need one of these...

But I need to check my 'dry' pump first, how and what do I check for??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Horns fixed, washer motors fixed, indicators fixed, just waiting for them to weld that plate in and put in through MOT.

Fingers crossed it'll be done by home time.

Swapped insurance over from the Nissan and payments have dropped from £63 a month to £25 a month - result!

Do I come to Xmas meet tonight and turn up late (10PM~ish) or tomorrow morning!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I'll be turning up late too, we can play catch up together lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Rev counter sorted? Lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 01:32 PM)Poodle Wrote: I'll be turning up late too, we can play catch up together lol.

PM'd.

(29-11-2013, 02:37 PM)td_dan Wrote: Rev counter sorted? Lol

Err no.

If I do make it to Xmas meet it'll be with the car fresh out of MOT with no mod's bar whats already done (basically just a TD04L with half an exhaust which causes smoke to pour out of my bonnet/headlights)!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Ha ha fair enough

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 02:41 PM)silverzx Wrote: If I do make it to Xmas meet it'll be with the car fresh out of MOT with no mod's bar whats already done (basically just a TD04L with half an exhaust which causes smoke to pour out of my bonnet/headlights)!

Sound illegal mate, is it really worth it?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2013, 09:25 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Sound illegal mate, is it really worth it?

They didn't MOT it in time so didn't go but no, it's only on start up smoke really pours out, it does look like my engines on fire on startup.

Once its been running a few minutes its fine.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
So got bored of having no creature comforts..

Put the rear seats back in my god what a noise difference, exhaust doesn't sound so loud from the cabin.

[Image: ehehy4yt.jpg]

Did some wiring, still in process of rewiring the front speakers and putting in wires for rear speakers as they're all wrong.

[Image: hehejy4u.jpg]

Put a sub in for "bad man bass".

[Image: nuzumuju.jpg]

Put the stack boost gauge in and wired that up.

[Image: arysaquj.jpg]

Fixed the misfire on the S14.

[Image: navebuve.jpg]

Made a start on the gt2052v and realised I need to invest in a meaty 16mm spanner...

[Image: yge4adeb.jpg]

Seeing how much fmic space there is, not a lot clearly!

[Image: aruze8yv.jpg]

A random engine bay shot.

[Image: ja3aqe4a.jpg]

Lastly, would this cause a boost leak? I'm down from 18 to 15 psi..

[Image: yrama2yd.jpg]
[Image: 7u6ahuru.jpg]
[Image: e7e6a9up.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
You tried the sdtd clocks/loom yet?

The raditor uses the fans as a mounting point so you will have to make some mounts up when you take fans out, just a heads up if you didn't no, as I'm looking at the same thing at the min Smile

Thanks given by:
gti bumper will create more room for fmic :-)

Current cars
Thanks given by:
it is a gti bumper, and no they don't give any more room.
Thanks given by:
Just remove fans, and fit slimlines in behind??
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2013, 06:06 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Just remove fans, and fit slimlines in behind??

Yer but make some custom brackets to hold the rad

Thanks given by:
Haven't tried the STDT loom & clocks yet, the wiring baffles me!

Thought it was a GTi bumper as it has fogs.

Surely the fans could be cut out and the bracket/cowling left in place and just put in two 10"s.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2013, 06:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: Haven't tried the STDT loom & clocks yet, the wiring baffles me!

Thought it was a GTi bumper as it has fogs.

Surely the fans could be cut out and the bracket/cowling left in place and just put in two 10"s.

Ha Ha I'm no good with wireing either lol and not sure about fans I'm just gonna make my own mounting point and get some slim fans on the raditor

Thanks given by:
usual solution is to lower and tilt the rad on a custom bracket bolted between the chassis legs, use slimline fans running off the original wiring and fit a 4" tall or thereabouts cooler behind the grille.

you need to retain some of the cowling so the slam panel doesn't flex and for the grille to fix to.
Thanks given by:
Such a random collection of parts on this car haha. Gti valences, mardi gras seats, Roland garros steering wheel...
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2013, 03:52 PM)welshpug Wrote: it is a gti bumper, and no they don't give any more room.

It gives you more depth to lower the rad as the bottom of the valance protudes towards the floor more than a base model
Thanks given by:
holy boschamoly...its on a lucas?! get ya act togetheir maaan!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Whats confusing about the wiring?

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Looking at his attempt for the speakers, i'm going to say everything lol. :p

That could cause a boost leak, stick a bit of soapy water over it and give it some revs to see if it bubbles.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-12-2013, 07:20 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Ha Ha I'm no good with wireing either lol and not sure about fans I'm just gonna make my own mounting point and get some slim fans on the raditor

Meh, choppy choppy and wiring to standard looms is always a good shout in my book!

(11-12-2013, 08:10 PM)welshpug Wrote: usual solution is to lower and tilt the rad on a custom bracket bolted between the chassis legs, use slimline fans running off the original wiring and fit a 4" tall or thereabouts cooler behind the grille.

you need to retain some of the cowling so the slam panel doesn't flex and for the grille to fix to.

I have a perfectly sized FMIC for the job, just need to crack on and order some fans off eBay (I'll do that right now). Have plenty of bits of bracket strips etc for custom mounts.

(11-12-2013, 08:23 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Such a random collection of parts on this car haha. Gti valences, mardi gras seats, Roland garros steering wheel...

Peugeot parts bin special at it's best! Big Grin

(11-12-2013, 09:00 PM)Piggy Wrote: holy boschamoly...its on a lucas?! get ya act togetheir maaan!

Err, wanna come give us a hand? Really dreading doing it on my own! *Massive sigh*.

(12-12-2013, 06:46 AM)td_dan Wrote: Whats confusing about the wiring?

The lot! I don't know where to start, feel free to reply/PM me guidance!

(12-12-2013, 08:16 AM)Poodle Wrote: Looking at his attempt for the speakers, i'm going to say everything lol. :p

That could cause a boost leak, stick a bit of soapy water over it and give it some revs to see if it bubbles.

Exactly! Wiring radios, amps, subs, speakers and gauges is enough fun for me!

Soapy water eh, ok will give it a go!

Slight problem, my main beam & full beam have decided to become very temperamental since fitting the amp/sub. The wire that goes to the battery + is still firmly connected so can't see how that would be causing a problem. The side lights still work fine and flicking the stalk back and forth for a minute or two can sometimes fix it. Suggestions? I'm guessing either:

a) stalk is wearing out, making a bad connection
b) the positive from battery isn't mated as good as needed
c) the HID's are dying a slow death

Also if anyone local would be willing to give me some support through the Bosch fitment I'd happily reward them one way or another.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Just drash on. I done a headgasket nearly once, want me to come and watch lmao
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 09:09 AM)Tom Wrote: Just drash on. I done a headgasket nearly once, want me to come and watch lmao

dont let tom use a bar!

lol
Thanks given by: