The Astor Platinum Onyx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Astor Platinum Onyx
(03-04-2014, 04:49 AM)mcvite Wrote: Looking really nice again now,its a credit to you ThumbsUp

Cheers all i done was the suspension and cleaned it,brought it seeing some potential and now the main part its done so happy, definitely worth it Smile

Found out today the aircon button is wired to the fans,which is pretty cl and great for track Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Whens the seats going in? I want to see Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 08:04 AM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: Whens the seats going in? I want to see Big Grin

lol the more I sit in these the more im liking them,pretty skint atm got to fix the focus idealiy first as I've already gone through more petrol in 2 days than I would in a whole week of diesel lol

Got far few bits to sell so hopefully pay for the mounts or a trackday Smile
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of doing croft this month but would rather put my money into getting my engine done. I know how you feel about petrol, costing me £10 a day just to work and back. Could do with another diesel myself
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 08:43 AM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: I was thinking of doing croft this month but would rather put my money into getting my engine done. I know how you feel about petrol, costing me £10 a day just to work and back. Could do with another diesel myself

Yep thats what used to cost me.Getting used to the cannon of a exhaust which is the magnex lol got it decatted and still can't get it to pop, mustn't be trying hard enough Smile

Though used to the driving the focus at 1.5-2k max revs going passed 3 is quite odd

Definitely feels as quick straight line as the rallye before it was charged,having really tested the beam and roller bearing too much yet,so hard to feel them when i've bascailly been driving a bus for the last 6 months lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah my magnex is abit hit and miss for pops and bangs but just got to catch the revs at the right time and I have a heat wrapped maniflow on mine. Hopefully getting my middle box took out soon too. I noticed the rear beam mounts straight away going from f*cked rubber ones to solid alloy ones. Astor is an awesome colour like
Thanks given by:
Yeah takes minimal work to clean, absolutely hated cleaning the rallye took f*cking hours to get looking half decent and the bad panels really stuck out.

With this there places where the bodywork ain't the best but colour covers it up very well

Going start to clean the engine bay abit tommorw got a drellal thing them a polishing head so just that a go also see if I can get to of the stain marks of the clones.
Thanks given by:
Keep the updates coming Smile
Thanks given by:
Did nt really get much done this weekend Sad mainly due to my lidl drellel lasting all of 10minutes Angry until it ran out battery was going quite well though so should finish that on my next day off.Also realised I probably need a new icv aswell

Change the spoiler over to my glossish black
before
[Image: 20140404_154652.jpg]
After
[Image: 20140404_155821.jpg]
All the wheels have picked up alot baked on grimme from storage,had to use surface cleaner and tar remover.
Before
[Image: 20140404_152224.jpg]
After(far from perfect but a hell of alot better)
[Image: 20140404_153318.jpg]

Then when to see mr rowell today borrowing a kenwood headunit so the magnex is miles better now Smilealso got to test out the free audio,very impressive considering none of its amped.
Thanks given by:
Looking good! Need to do the same to my clones...baked on dirt. Sad
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 08:13 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Looking good! Need to do the same to my clones...baked on dirt. Sad

Cheers mate,im pretty certain there where refurbed within the last year or so but car just sat and hasn't been cleaned and it's builded up around the spokes.

got to get hold of a icv aswell as with clutch in as I was rolling down a hill this morning it cut out Sad used to do it on my sc rallye quute alot aslong as im not the clutch for a long time it ll be fine but plan on doing it asap

Also the speedo like the drop out every now and then always comes back on at the same speed but a tad annoying.
Thanks given by:
Got a 13 mocal cooler and lines off chris today so should keep it nice and cool on track

Got to get a thermostatic sandwich plate thing and a new icv as its iddle quite had,made worst by the magnex's ridiculously loud iddle.Hopefully do one or 2 trackdays before fcs aswell,can't wait to start pushing it Big Grin

[Image: 20140411_130908.jpg]
[Image: 20140411_130921.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good there chap!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Them cooler pipes dont look very long. I can boot mine for ages and oil doesnt touch 90oC barely moves form 80oC with my cooler on

Heres mine fitted for an idea of how it sits Wink

[Image: 20140405_152811_zpsef271cb0.jpg]
[Image: 20140405_171252_zpsbc9d314b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah measured them.one hoses is 21inchs and the other is 28,is that long enough?

Do you run a thermostat?

Doing combe on the 27th,very excited Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yes thermostat plate but no idea how long my pipes are? I want new ones made up when I move my radiator. I was going to do croft next friday but decided to put my money into the car and get inlet on haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah still got a few small bits today but should get it done in time icv and cooler beeing main thing,should do it on friday with a bit of luck Smile
Thanks given by:
Quite a treck to combe from yours isnt it? Haha
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 08:47 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: Quite a treck to combe frit form yours isnt it? Haha

Yehh got to be 6 hour drive minimum

But doing it with a mate and as much as I hate the curcuit I got to get good at It for fcs
Thanks given by:
Think I may end up coming to FCS like. Good few mates from up here are heading down the friday so might join the convoy B)
Thanks given by:
Just ordered myself some lines,fitting kit, thremo plate and rallye blanks

Hopefully do them all on friday also give the ao48 a test run.
Thanks given by:
Awesome tyres the a048s had them on the V6 and couldnt fault them.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 12:22 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: Awesome tyres the a048s had them on the V6 and couldnt fault them.

What are they like cold as im only on track for 15 min sessions?
Thanks given by:
I used mine on the road and they were fine dont take too lomg to warm up when driving hard either
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 12:34 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: I used mine on the road and they were fine dont take too lomg to warm up when driving hard either

What psi did you set them at?

Thinking driving down to combe on them as there is about 2.5mm on each.
Thanks given by:
Think I had them around 30-32 psi cant remember now
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 08:23 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: Think I had them around 30-32 psi cant remember now

Cl cl give them a go on friday as seriously doubt I'll get overtime,so I should actually do something on the car.

Heard they a absolute bastard when you dry steering and low speeds but i guess thats just when there cold.
Thanks given by:
this looks sooo clean, astor is probs my favorite colour. is the boot lip/spoiler hard to remove? need to get mine off to spray it, but dont know where to start when it comes to taking it off :/
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 03:51 PM)willJspears Wrote: this looks sooo clean, astor is probs my favorite colour. is the boot lip/spoiler hard to remove? need to get mine off to spray it, but dont know where to start when it comes to taking it off :/

Cheers mate Smile

Nah piece of piss.there's 2 torx screws which are located at the top when you open your boot.You ll be totally shocked/discussed when see all the crap hidden underneath.
Thanks given by:
Cooler lines,fitting kit and thremo plate arrived today very happy,as desperately need to fit it friday.
Also got some rallye banks and icv to fit,and going to got for drive on the track wheels see if they balanced up ok.

[Image: 20140415_221048-1.jpg]

The comparison between the line I was going to use and the line I'm now using lol

[Image: 20140415_220720.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 118,783 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Platinum Silver S1 306 HDI MY95 16 6,081 17-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: MY95
Smile Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi StarBenn 144 60,894 29-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Last Post: StarBenn