Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
I can just imagine Ed wanting no dashboard..    
Thanks given by:
Just stick it down at your nans, I'm sure you'll be able to tuck it away in some corner of her house she wont notice lol

ah furry muff, loads of time to fiddle with resistors, come up to mine at some point if you fancy, I've a f*cking great big wad of them
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
If the airbags are no longer there there is no longer need for the airbag warning light etc as far as my understanding goes, if it comes to it bring it up to my friends place, he's a good old chap! Smile hehe
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 02:06 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: If the airbags are no longer there there is no longer need for the airbag warning light etc as far as my understanding goes, if it comes to it bring it up to my friends place, he's a good old chap! Smile hehe

Wrong as of this April. If the system was there when the car was made, it all has to be in tact and working with no warning lights.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 02:42 PM)Niall Wrote:
(21-02-2013, 02:06 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: If the airbags are no longer there there is no longer need for the airbag warning light etc as far as my understanding goes, if it comes to it bring it up to my friends place, he's a good old chap! Smile hehe

Wrong as of this April. If the system was there when the car was made, it all has to be in tact and working with no warning lights.

Correct if it had 1 fitted as standard it needs 1
Thanks given by:
But will they actually have a database, look up your car and have it indicate that yes, this 14 year-old Peugeot should be fitted with explosive cushions in the steering wheel?!

MOT garages won't have a complete inventory of cars standard equipment, surely? What about track day cars where the ABS has been removed?

I'd bin the lightbulb off personally, if it doesn't say 'airbag' anywhere on it, who are they to say otherwise?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 01:34 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [quote='Jonny b' pid='221564' dateline='1361447421']

Not the greatest of pics but my harnesses go the the upper seatbelt mounts, my mot guy said don't worry about the airbag seeing as on a ph1 the light Is on the wheel, suppose they could get finicky if you have the light on dash but no airbag! Just have to wait and see

Surprised you get away with the seatbelts mounted as they are; isn't that quite bad having them so high?
Yeah that's the issue, Iv'e got a lot more airbags than you in the car!!

They are pretty much in a straight line to the back of the harness holes in the seats! Better than them being on the deck and crushing the seat and my spine! Had em on the floor like everyone else before, but got told they would be better there
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You wait till they decide that the airbags have to be in date, Peugeot ones expire after 10 years.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 03:01 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: But will they actually have a database, look up your car and have it indicate that yes, this 14 year-old Peugeot should be fitted with explosive cushions in the steering wheel?!

MOT garages won't have a complete inventory of cars standard equipment, surely? What about track day cars where the ABS has been removed?

I'd bin the lightbulb off personally, if it doesn't say 'airbag' anywhere on it, who are they to say otherwise?

Like most things to do with MOTs it depends on the tester. Their knowledge and how harsh they are
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 03:01 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: But will they actually have a database, look up your car and have it indicate that yes, this 14 year-old Peugeot should be fitted with explosive cushions in the steering wheel?!

They will have access to a database yes. It will only show the satety devices that came as standard on models. Like for instance, ph2's you could pay extra for side airbags. these wont be picked up.

And Chris, all airbags expire after 10 years. You will find that almost all are made by the same company.
Thanks given by:
Was going to say that last bit ^

Thing is, as always... even when new rules are introduced, it's down to the testers discretion/mood, so usually the only way to find out is give it a go...

Glad you're getting there anyway you big girls blouse Tongue the weather is very good for giving some enthusiasm back though... All this sun is really wanting to make me go topless! (Don't worry, the moobs aren't coming out)
Thanks given by:
Hmm, tis tempting indeed, but tbh I'll probably chuck all the stock shit back in it for the test.

Speaking of which, Curt please DONT scrap my old '6 anytime soon yet, I need to get the seatbelt buckles and mounting brackets out of it to chuck in to put it back to stock! Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I'd speak to Vaughan about that mate, I know he took a load of that when he had his
Thanks given by:
Lol, ok. Well I'll just have to take a load out of his 'state then ninja
Thanks given by:
Sounds fair...
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 08:24 PM)Curt Wrote: I'd speak to Vaughan about that mate, I know he took a load of that when he had his

Nah, I didn't take them they should be in the car somewhere - I got all that stuff from my dturbo!
Thanks given by:
f*ck me just had the most epic drive to work this morning Big Grin traffic was light ninja

God it's good to drive! Big Grin so happy it's back to handling as it should rather than how it was with the ovalled hub!

I'm not sure I'm sold on the adjustable droppings however... I think it may be because mine aren't set up right currently, but when loading up the suspension in corners, when you hit a bump on the outside it means you have to actually correct the steering angle slightly... Might be me not being used to it yet, or it might be something else completely.... The either way it's absolutely epic to drive! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it... You can get tarting her up now! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pictorzzzz because everyone needs them to even stay vaguely interested in this thread! Tongue

It's Fecking filthy at the moment Sad Haven't cleaned it since the Christmas meet, and with the weather being so friggin cold out, it's literally the last thing I can bring myself to do!!

As you can see I'm in the process of diy lazy-boy anthraciting my clones Wink

And you can see the epic scrubbage on the shoulder from the fact it's dry so I've actually been able to enjoy it a bit!

Oh and the buckets! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thanks given by:
Looking good, under the dirt! Wink
Thanks given by:
Dirty!

You need to sort out your colour scheme my good man, red calipers with blue seats?! Can't believe Scott allowed this...
Thanks given by:
Nice handbag
Thanks given by:
Even Iam puzzled as to the colour of the seats with the rest of the car!!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got them for an amazing price collected from 10miles down the road for both seats with almost no marks on them, and both sets of 4-point SRS harnesses, I couldn't exactly refuse based on the colour!! They're an investment, I hopefully wont lose any money when I come to sell and might even make a bit!
Thanks given by:
Looks shit.
Thanks given by:
BecauseRaceDoe! Looking good inside, apart from your handbag, so last year! Can I have the seats?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Lol cheers Niall... Tongue I understand your view of my car is tainted by actually having to work on it! I forgive you Tongue

@ Max non way! I love my buckets was too much! Tongue and it'd not a frigging handbag! It's my work satchel!
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 06:44 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: and it'd not a frigging handbag! It's my work satchel!

Your in denial.

Thats man code for handbag.
Thanks given by:
No man has a satchel. Its a handbag. End of...

The buckets are comfy. I dont normally like them as i have a big arse but these are nice. Shame they stand out like a sore thumb in there.
Thanks given by:
Man-bag.

= Handbag.

'Tis equally as queer.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,715 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 134,558 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle