New Rules

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rules
(21-08-2014, 06:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(21-08-2014, 05:57 PM)Niall Wrote: 4,336? How cute :p

We don't mind banter and having a laugh at all. Its just the threads where people try and bump up their post count by putting one word per post in a sentence.
Yeah, that cynical crap will not be tolerated.

TBH i think some people would still struggle with that one word..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I'm in one of those 'stuck between 20 and 100' category. Is there any chance I could be 'upgraded' please? I've been a member for about a year and a half and have bought/sold items in the past and have a couple of items for sale at the moment and can't reply to PM's or close one of them (the item is now sold). Niall I did read in another thread you would review certain users but I can't PM you!

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Working my way up to 100 so I can buy breaking parts
Thanks given by:
Im halfway there, another 50 to go!
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 08:47 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Working my way up to 100 so I can buy breaking parts

Not that it showed at all.....

whistle
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 07:20 PM)Grant Wrote:
(31-08-2014, 08:47 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Working my way up to 100 so I can buy breaking parts

Not that it showed at all.....

whistle
Yeah I'm not proud.

But hopefully my posts about my ineptitude makes up for it a little
Thanks given by:
All I saw was mistergtr posting yesterday. I thought forum had glitched
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
To be fair all the posts I saw were compliments for peoples projects, banter in the couch and input on help threads which is what we want. If I'd seen any pointless spam I'd have deleted it.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
To be fair, it was me who brought up the idea of the higher post count..

So I don't care if you want to blame me for it - the question posed was, are we just a for sale forum where we want people with 20 posts selling and buying stuff and not put any effort into the community of the forum...

OR

Are we a community forum that also just happens to have a for sale section for users who contribute to the community of the forum... We've currently got a thousand members on 20 posts who have simply spammed their way to 20 posts with "hi" threads, have sold their dump valve T pieces and lexus lights and are pretty much gone...

100 posts basically makes people think "can I be arsed with 100 posts" - well as a general rule if you can't be arsed with 100 posts to be able to buy/sell stuff, you won't stick around anyway - no loss really. If you DO want to be a part of the community, perfect - and after 100 posts you'll be able to buy and sell stuff also!

We all agreed as staff that there are VERY few members who joined SIMPLY to buy/sell and just happened to stay and are now a part of the community - so if you want to put the effort in, you shall reap rewards.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ruan put that pretty much perfectly. I know its a bit of a pain for those of you who are genuinely interested in being a part of the community but want to sell but if you do want to be a part of the community, 100 posts doesn't take long to get to at all Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
100 posts is absolutely nothing if you want to get involved with a forum... If you're interested in cars and interested in other peoples' projects, you've surely got 100 posts of being interested...

If you haven't then are you really wanting to be part of the community - I'm going to guess not!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 09:40 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: To be fair all the posts I saw were compliments for peoples projects, banter in the couch and input on help threads which is what we want. If I'd seen any pointless spam I'd have deleted it.
Never said it was a problem. After reading a few posts it was clear he had actually read the threads. Shows genuine intrest in the club. I think 100 posts is a great idea personally.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 10:04 AM)Ruan Wrote: 100 posts is absolutely nothing if you want to get involved with a forum... If you're interested in cars and interested in other peoples' projects, you've surely got 100 posts of being interested...

If you haven't then are you really wanting to be part of the community - I'm going to guess not!

For you maybe I suffer from APD so a 100 posts is a mountain to me so no way reflects my interest in the forum.
Thanks given by:
I think my point has been missed here...

This isn't a forum for just selling stuff... It's a community forum that HAPPENS to also have a for sale section - hence there should never be the worry of people not getting to their 100 posts for whatever reason - there's a thousand and one for sale sites across the interwibbles if you must do this before you have 100 posts.
Thanks given by:
No worry's I don't want to sell anything but I cant send or receive pm's?
Thanks given by:
I was wondering, why does my info have 'warning level 0%', haven't seen this on any other members' info?
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 11:44 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I was wondering, why does my info have 'warning level 0%', haven't seen this on any other members' info?

I guess you can only see your own? :p I can't see anyone elses
Thanks given by:
Oh cool. It must've been recent, as i swear it wasn't there when i joined (i think Confused) lol
Thanks given by:
Your warning level is only visible to you and staff and has been there since day one. The idea is if you start acting like a idiot but not serious enough to warrant a ban, we will warn you until you reach 100% when you will be automatically banned.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 05:30 AM)Niall Wrote: Your warning level is only visible to you and staff and has been there since day one. The idea is if you start acting like a idiot but not serious enough to warrant a ban, we will warn you until you reach 100% when you will be automatically banned.

That's a good forum feature. (i'm passed 100 so i mean this genuinely! Not spamming!)
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 08:16 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: That's a good forum feature. (i'm passed 100 so i mean this genuinely! Not spamming!)

Rofl

(I'm not past 100 posts but it genuinely made me laugh)
Thanks given by:
The new rule really came at a bad time for me, in the middle of two transactions, one as a seller and one as a buyer. Now I can't continue to communicate with the seller who's parts I'm interested in, and the buyer can't inform me when his stuff arrives..

Me sad! Anything you'd be willing to help me out with admin?
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Quite common for there to be restrictions on the sale sections of lots of different forums so nothing new there, but it might of been better if it was applied to new members. Still don't understand the purpose of not be able to send pm's though? Restricting communication between people doesn't seem to be in the spirit of a forum.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 02:55 PM)Ican Wrote: Quite common for there to be restrictions on the sale sections of lots of different forums so nothing new there, but it might of been better if it was applied to new members. Still don't understand the purpose of not be able to send pm's though? Restricting communication between people doesn't seem to be in the spirit of a forum.

I'm guessing it's because you can buy things from posts in the for sale section via pm's without reaching the minimum 100posts/30days
Thanks given by:
Yes but from people that have reached the required posts so win win really. I have bought stuff from the admin members in the past so they would have lost out too.

I came to the forum looking for a well taken cared for or modified 306 from a member not something I could do now, so I would have perhaps would have found myself on another forum and never ventured here. Undecided
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 06:52 PM)Ican Wrote: Yes but from people that have reached the required posts so win win really. I have bought stuff from the admin members in the past so they would have lost out too.

I came to the forum looking for a well taken cared for or modified 306 from a member not something I could do now, so I would have perhaps would have found myself on another forum and never ventured here. Undecided

you seem like one of hte exceptions

i came here looking for information, (and some parts) and stayed for the community..

we DO have people who have absolutely no interest in making any contribution to the forum who just happen to be breaking a peugeot or have some peugeot bits they have got hold of and want to sell them, and those are the people this is restricting.

100 posts really is nothing, look at my join date and my post count now, took me 2 days of sensible contribution to reach 20 before, so a week for a hundred seems like nothing.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Why hasn't this forum got paid membership I have joined others and ended up pretty much staying here?
Thanks given by:
well i should imagine because as soon as you start charging you lose 99% of the people who come to use this free resource, and then as soon as you do that you lose the incentive to come here because there is A. no information, B., no community left to come for and C. hundreds of other free forums doing more or less the same thing.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Not if you create benefits such as a membership section and the privilege to sell stuff and discounts on club organised events etc. If people think its worth the membership fee then all is good if not they can still participant and keep the forum active.
Thanks given by:
This forum was started with the idea of keeping it free to use, so it's basically the reason for its being. As said, 100 posts isn't really that many in the grand scheme of things...This limit was discussed at length between all of the staff members, so it won't be changing again any time soon. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rules on selling a new contract phone? Redordead89 6 1,359 06-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Rules on JSA? rtha6551 3 1,392 22-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  CAT D Vehicle rules/paperwork? ginge191 23 6,131 03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: procta