Dum-Dums StanceBoard Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums StanceBoard Project
Will anyold wheels go on any trucks? Looking at some red wheels that are 70mm lol and also some old school 70/80s wheels haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Will anyold wheels go on any trucks? Looking at some red wheels that are 70mm lol and also some old school 70/80s wheels haha

I dont know much about it all but as far as im aware there is a standard size!
Thanks given by:
Standard size for wheels is 8mm spindle and 22mm bearing iirc. As long as you have bearings for the wheels that have an 8mm ID they'll go on

Dum I was going to get those wheels and 10mm spacers but i've changed plans, going to colour code the board to the car. Red wheels, white upper, grip tape down the toe edge and same sticker HERE as the windscreen on the estate on the heel edge.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive had a look at longboard trucks and you can get them up to 190mm width which means that axle end to axle end would be almost 260mm!!!

Now bear in mind that your board is probably 180-200mm eide that would be epic stance. Sadly theyer at least £40 a pair.
Thanks given by:
Meh buy a pair stick one on, sell the other too me, staggered look haha
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Meh buy a pair stick one on, sell the other too me, staggered look haha

Exactly what I was thinking

There is an american company selling 200mm wide. Now with a no off set wheel you wouldnt even have to cut the board to fit those.........
Thanks given by:
Chris I have really old board in the shed the wheels are really wide you can have it if you want it, can bring it to ace
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny mate thanks for the offer. Bring it down and Ill measure the wheels up and see.
Thanks given by:
No probs if you don't want it can go in the bin ha ha at least I can tell her Iam getting rid of stuff from the shed
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBH depending on how it is and if I want the parts you might find yourself with a stanceboard in the shed.
Thanks given by:
I found this quite good

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=22673

I have an Alpha Freeboard in my workshop which has massive trucks & wheels on but there is no way on earth I am cutting that up! ;lol:

I think I am going to have to make one now though.........been thinking about doing it for ages, also noticed today that asda have cheapo complete skateboards for £6! hmmmmmmmmmmm..........................
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:I found this quite good

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=22673

I have an Alpha Freeboard in my workshop which has massive trucks & wheels on but there is no way on earth I am cutting that up! ;lol:

I think I am going to have to make one now though.........been thinking about doing it for ages, also noticed today that asda have cheapo complete skateboards for £6! hmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

might be a kids size one though. You want 31 inches plus.
Thanks given by:
^^ Its a full sized one, I was stood next to it Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
6 quid is a billy bargain really.
Thanks given by:
i got one, found it last year. my mate says its not a bad one. ive offered it padge but if he dunt want it, does anyone on here want it? will get a pick up if anyone wants it. dont know if this is good but in our warehouse all you need is one push off and it glides for about 40 meters.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBH for this one I only need big wheels. make one for yourself and colour code it to your car
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:TBH for this one I only need big wheels. make one for yourself and colour code it to your car

^^this. Colour coding is going to be the way forwards!
Thanks given by:
yeah ok. if padge dunt want it then i will do a mini prodgect on it. hehe.

just been up to my warehouse and some theiving bastard has had away with my board.. i know who it is so when i see him im drop a 7 ton trolly jack on his foot. then get my board back. pissed me off cause i wanted to either give it to someone on here or do a project on it. it will be mine Confusednooty:
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:TBH for this one I only need big wheels. make one for yourself and colour code it to your car

^^this. Colour coding is going to be the way forwards!

Yep, gonna get some china spray paint and do the trucks. Hopefully get blue wheels too or maybe white wheels to really colour co-ordinate with my car.

Could even go mad and paint up some springs red and slide them over the long bolts for the authentic coilover look. Actually got some blue vac hose here still too, hmmmmmm
Thanks given by:
how far ya taking this, love the idea but where does it stop haha.
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:how far ya taking this, love the idea but where does it stop haha.

Ill go as far as its still cheap.

I was looking at a set of white wheels anyway.
It cant hurt to have some china spray paint.
Ive got loads of other paint to paint bits
Ive got loads of bits of metal and stuff to modify it with too.

This morning I countersunk all the bolt holes to give me a few more mm of ground clearance and it still scrapes with my weight on although will roll with a good kick.

Looks good with the sticker bombing scraped underneath.
Thanks given by:
Quick photo from today.

[Image: 417313_10151307233430514_661715513_23214...3460_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks a bit 'scene' Chris.... :think:
Thanks given by:
needs the wider wheels. but what do i know.
Thanks given by:
these any good to ya chris

[Image: IMAG0576.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If chris doesn't have them I'll pay good money for them Wink
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Looks a bit 'scene' Chris.... :think:

Stop being so elitist Dan!

lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Kingy theyer epic!

Ive got a pair of wheels similar off jonny but could do with another 2 at least.

Guys ill post new pics soon.
Thanks given by:
just remembered ive promised the board to someone on here but doesnt want it if its cheap. dont know if this is or not and i carnt find the post to see who it was. but if he dont want it then their yours and if you dont want em then matt can av em. soz to mess ya about, just compleately forgot.
Thanks given by:
I'm buying a set of the wheels brand new now haha same colour and everything lol.

Just need all my parts to get here lol I can put it back together lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 337,319 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 355,989 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 159,354 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM