Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 TUD5 Turbo Project. - Yes, TUD5 in a 306!!!
(25-07-2015, 12:54 PM)Dturbobooost Wrote: Interesting project fair play to you for being different ☺
Cheers Mate

(25-07-2015, 02:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nah bud its 126kg. For sure. Factory figures
Nah I can lift it, it cant be 126kg.

(25-07-2015, 03:01 PM)welshpug Wrote: Heavy Fookers the iron TU's are, doesn't help having a hefty injection pump on it.
Yeah definitely heavier than the 1.4 petrol that was in there but not 126kg

(25-07-2015, 07:29 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Got free time and many tools available tomorrow if you want a hand dude, be interested to see this happen.
Nah gonna piss down tomorrow and I don't like it enough to get a soaking especially as there isn't a huge amount I can do till I get come extra bits of hose in the right size to replace the oddly sized bit I tore.

Had another afternoon working on it after going out this morning then spending far too long doing a slow cooked bacon snadwich for lunch. Decided to strip all the stuff that isn't used out of the loom

That turned out to be quite a bit of wiring that I'm not using. There's more to go back in like a glow plug relay and fan wiring which I want done separately plus all the gauges but that'll do for now.

After finishing drilling holes for the PAS pump I cleaned up all of the surface rust.

I then slapped some hammerite about and bolted the power steering pump in after bending the pipe straight with a blow torch. Worked out where the resovior is going too, up by the brake master cylinder to give it enough height that I won't get an air lock. Checked that the pump worked after trimming out the wiring and it does. Gave the lucas pump a tune (hence the carrier bag over the alternator and rag), cap unscrewed nice and easy and couldn't believe my luck when the allen key hole was right there in front of me. Gave it about 15 degrees.

I ran my shiny fuel lines under the car, 10mm feed and standard size return in the lovely high vis stuff with about a hundred cable ties to keep it all up.

And here she is as she stands tonight. Had the rad on and looked at hoses some more and have a plan of action for those. Also think If I trim a little more off the intercooler I might be able to bolt it straight to the slam panel

So what's left:
Water hose from water pump inlet to stat housing
Matrix hoses
PAS res hose
Starter motor
Do up some suspension bolts
Drive shaft bolts
Actually attach the fuel lines to the pump
Fit rad, fan and FMIC
Add wiring for starter motor
Finish wiring for PAS pump and engine
Washer bottle fitting to battery tray and wiring
refit front end
top up with fluids and some fuel
and the bit I'm dreading, knock up an exhaust!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 306 TUD5 Turbo Project. - Yes, TUD5 in a 306!!! - by Dum-Dum - 25-07-2015, 10:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,750 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 191,356 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,785 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01