Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips for getting fuel filter cap off?
#1
Hey everyone.

I am trying to change the fuel filter on my car.

I have a couple of questions really.

1 - How careful do you have to be about getting any dirt in the housing/pipes? I can see little bits of very very very fine dust floating around the engine bay. Would that harm the pump/injectors?? Surely it can't be that temperamental.

2 - How the hell do you get the top off the housing haha. It looks like its going to rips its self off the mounts when I try and turn it with a spanner. I have tried knocking it round using a chissle and hammer as well but that makes it move the bracket rather than the top haha. Any tips??

Cheers guys Smile


Messages In This Thread
Tips for getting fuel filter cap off? - by JTaylor2005 - 16-12-2014, 11:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter pug306driver 8 6,776 25-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  fuel filter housing changed jason68 6 5,129 08-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  fuel filter body removal pug306driver 9 6,144 07-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Paul_13

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)