Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
(28-10-2014, 11:42 AM)londondan86 Wrote: Looking good Eaton fwend!! Chasing charge temps yourself then!!
This genuinely is one of my favourite projects on here. Keep it up pal Smile

Thanks man Smile
Think my issue is with my intercooler. Its fairly big big isn't that thick so I'm going to order a new IC and see how i get on and improve my cold air feed when i can be bothered Tongue
Seeing as winter is rapidly approaching and i have no garage to work in, chances are work on this will grind to a halt over winter
Thanks given by:
Yea cold air feed is on my list too. Debating morettes with a lamp out but all the chavs on fb seem to be doing that just "coz it looks well sick innit" so unsure lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 07:56 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Yea cold air feed is on my list too. Debating morettes with a lamp out but all the chavs on fb seem to be doing that just "coz it looks well sick innit" so unsure lol

Use the standard cold air feed behind the grille?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Water spray on the I/C?? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 08:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: Water spray on the I/C?? Smile

Nah if I'm doing anything with water, it will be water injection Smile
Thanks given by:
That too!! Haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 07:59 PM)Grant Wrote:
(28-10-2014, 07:56 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Yea cold air feed is on my list too. Debating morettes with a lamp out but all the chavs on fb seem to be doing that just "coz it looks well sick innit" so unsure lol

Use the standard cold air feed behind the grille?

Yea that may work for Nial not sure what his setup is but there's a turbo in the way for me! Lol Don't really want to spare his thread anymore though Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
[attachment=19814]

Need some of these buddy Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
for the temps that nialls intercooler is running at i really cant see a spray system having a great effect, I know my intercooler only sees 8-20 deg of temp so spraying water at it could make it warmer.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 11:37 PM)Stef205 Wrote: for the temps that nialls intercooler is running at i really cant see a spray system having a great effect, I know my intercooler only sees 8-20 deg of temp so spraying water at it could make it warmer.

What about cO2?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
hes going to reduce his temps better by a better design of intercooler, thicker etc and it should permantly reduce his temps rather than over a period of time.
Thanks given by:
its a shame there is not a way to have a outer jacket on the intercooler that was charged with aircon R134A

The air would be ice cold then.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Would cost more in cooling than the net gain in power!

Air-Air Intercooling is pretty much the cheapest, most effective way to cool charge air... It's pretty much cost free in terms of power!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
That's great, I'm going to imitate you a bit Smile
Thanks given by:
Well the car failed its MOT Sad

On wiper blades. £12 for a new set and...
[attachment=19900]

I think the guy was just looking for something to fail it on lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thats some good news!

Although, haha. Fail on wipers!?! You not notice they were useless!? Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
finally a pass. Third time lucky Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 09:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thats some good news!

Although, haha. Fail on wipers!?! You not notice they were useless!? Tongue

They werent that bad. Starting to smear but could still see easily. Like i say, think he just wanted to fail it on something lol

(03-11-2014, 09:36 PM)SRowell Wrote: finally a pass. Third time lucky Tongue

Yeah Sam makes a good point. This was my 3rd attempt to make it to a MOT due to the spate of break downs i had lol
Thanks given by:
Thought this was yours for a moment...
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291282035033?nav=SEARCH
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't be silly, that one makes proper supercharger power and doesn't have wonky seats. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 10:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thought this was yours for a moment...
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291282035033?nav=SEARCH

(04-11-2014, 06:31 AM)Poodle Wrote: Don't be silly, that one makes proper supercharger power and doesn't have wonky seats. Wink

You both deluded and confused that is a turbo! dont get confused just because its belt driven.
Thanks given by:
haha!

Proper turbos are exhaust driven...so its neither Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So basically we can all agree, a Rotrex is like a cross dresser. Confused, weird and doesn't know what it wants to be with the disadvantages of both! :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
With a statement like this I can see why you where chosen to lead this forum! Haha
Thanks given by:
Chosen's got f*ck all to do with it... :p

So what have you done with this recently..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 09:03 PM)Poodle Wrote: Chosen's got f*ck all to do with it... :p

So what have you done with this recently..?

Well why else do you think I'm here?! lol

Nothing at the moment. I haven't even driven it since i got back from the MOT lol. Will probably not get much use over winter!
Thanks given by:
another fair weather 306 owner....boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!111!!11!!1!!!1!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll be honest, I'm getting bored of driving. I do so much of it at work that when I get in I just can't be bothered to drive places!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 09:39 AM)Niall Wrote: I'll be honest, I'm getting bored of driving. I do so much of it at work that when I get in I just can't be bothered to drive places!!

Likewise. My mrs and friends all walk to work and they're always like let go to the cinema in nottingham. I'm like there is a cinema here in town and I don't have drive there. Yeah it's a crap cinema and it's only 45 mins to notts. Yeah 45 minutes on top of the 3 hours of driving I've already done today!! They just don't get it haha
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Right well I'm going to update this.
Driven it once since Ace last month and just as i was nearing home, it started misfiring again Angry
Got back on to Omex and have to say, they just can't be more helpful. Guy took loads of time to go over everything with me and then offered to take the ECU back for testing and possible repair. He tested it and was fine, phoned me and i told him it was only after long drives so he put it back on test all day at maximum coil dwell and still couldnt get it to fail. He replaced the coil driver anyway and sent it back to me all free of charge. Has also given me a few things to try (although being intermittent, its a PITA to diagnose) and has offered to help with other issues and diagnose the fault even if its not ECU related.
Anyway, i ordered some new spark plugs as it spent a fair amount of time misfiring which doesn't do plugs too much good!

[attachment=20469]

Not great but its what i expected bearing in mind the missfiring. Car is much happier on the new plugs but still got a slight miss! (only warmed it up on the drive).
Im going to try a second coil pack to see if i ended up with a bad one, ordered a new CPS and after that lot, I'm going to start looking for loom faults again. Tempted to borrow a multi tester from work and IR test it.

Gutted this won't be going to the xmas meet tomorrow. Really missing driving it and the smile it puts on my face!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,885 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,986 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,757 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese