Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
I don't know if anyone is coming down from the mids area tbh and it's a long way to come and not join in considering none of us have booked or stand any chance of getting a room now.
I put it off for one reason - my hands, or I'd of been there like I was at ace day Smile but the knobs at the hospital still haven't given me a date yet?
Only people I can think of who said they may be going were Pugmarshall, Ozonehostile and would both have to make significant detours to pick it up and R45 but he's got no work at the moment due to the weather so is keeping his eye on his cash.
Thanks given by:
from what car is that arm rest?

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll257...F33B8A.jpg
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2012, 12:30 AM)Seid Wrote: from what car is that arm rest?

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll257...F33B8A.jpg

Seat leon or audi a3/4
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It was from an Ibiza Wink
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2012, 10:43 PM)Scott Wrote: It was from an Ibiza Wink

oh yeah my boo. i been telling everyone it was from a leon lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
got my 22.5mm torsion bars fitted today. Was a bit sceptical and thought they would be too stiff but they are perfect. Definitely recommend them as a upgrade to anyone! Bad news is i took the thread out of one of the old bars so will have to rethread that if i want to ever reuse them/sell them

[Image: E79B4BAE-EE06-49EF-B108-E934E3DA5BDD-112...E321B8.jpg]

difference in size between new and old.

Also had a issue with my heaters since ive had the car where by if ive got it set on auto, can leave it at 21 degrees and it will fluctuate all over the place. think i found out why.....

[Image: 095AC75C-2CF4-4A9F-B5ED-AC8B5FE56521-112...9F306A.jpg]

Sam gave me the one off of Irene anyway so bunged that on and all is good Big Grin
Really am hoping to get my drivers seat in this week. Brackets are made, just need a bit of grinding done and some welding (im useless at both!!) and it can go in. Hopefully before the christmas meet as i hate long drives in the standard seats...there not designed for lanky pricks!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Who said you were lanky? :p :p
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 06:11 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Who said you were lanky? :p :p

me, myself and most of the general public Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
so just returned from the christmas meet in the car. this was the first time its been cleaned since July so a dodgy whoring photo is in order

[Image: 5402968B-227A-456C-9447-EEF1F417AF20-530...C932D1.jpg]

some of the more observant of you (and everyone who went to the meet) will of noticed ive finally got both of my seats in Big Grin

[Image: C677F8C9-B732-4BA6-9EFF-AA90EB474105-530...D1280E.jpg]

[Image: AEC34356-F99D-43F0-A63C-B4F76A5EC9A6-530...5193E9.jpg]

put one of the mounts on for the base of the drivers seat upside down so it was leaning forwards all the way here. Changed it when i got home and god its comfy now! Highly recommend them to anyone looking for something different!
Downside is, got loads of burns on the back of the seat from welding them. Covered it up but clearly not with something thick enough! Just won a new drivers back though for 30 quid so will get that fitted when i can be bothered
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
good to see you got them in! looks awesome! Do they fold forwards then? And how easy was it to make the sub frames? Big Grin i need a guide! haha
Thanks given by:
Hmm but still seems to be slower than misstaps Diablo. What happened there? Do we put it down to the driver?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 04:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Hmm but still seems to be slower than misstaps Diablo. What happened there? Do we put it down to the driver?

no we put it down the the fact that you were in 3rd when i was in 4th or your car gets to the rev limiter substantially quicker than it should! Yours certainly seemed slower than mine on the m25 though...... Big Grin

(02-12-2012, 04:09 PM)SRowell Wrote: good to see you got them in! looks awesome! Do they fold forwards then? And how easy was it to make the sub frames? Big Grin i need a guide! haha

Sub frames were easy and the passenger one folds. Im lanky so never have anyone behind me lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hahahahahahah! We both started in 1st/2nd at the bottom of the sliproad and took you quite happily. The M25? That's for 6th gear Wink
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Caman! Admit it! x
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 04:16 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Hahahahahahah! We both started in 1st/2nd at the bottom of the sliproad and took you quite happily. The M25? That's for 6th gear Wink

i was talking about between the a303 and a3 when you gave me a count down....you were well behind me! anyway even if it was slower....ive got an excuse. i was carrying grants ego in my car. why do you think it was on the bump stops?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 04:24 PM)Niall Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 04:16 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Hahahahahahah! We both started in 1st/2nd at the bottom of the sliproad and took you quite happily. The M25? That's for 6th gear Wink

i was talking about between the a303 and a3 when you gave me a count down....you were well behind me! anyway even if it was slower....ive got an excuse. i was carrying grants ego in my car. why do you think it was on the bump stops?

lmao
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well not much to update. Just been fixing all them niggling little faults. One that is really getting to me though is a nasty knock that ive developed and i cant tell if its two faults or one. At first i got a bad knock when it first catches when starting so i thought it was the top engine mount (its also very harsh on gear changes and pull aways). Bought a new one and fitted it. Thought i would find a cracked chassis but found this

[Image: BDFC6A52-7644-4D0F-B54B-9239E401F339-188...BD4181.jpg]

perfect!

Fitted new mount and chocked it like a baws (until i can weld some plate in there)

[Image: FC745D22-1B6D-46E0-AFBE-674C6B509D42-188...2CA09B.jpg]
yes they are pound coins!

Gear changes are slightly smoother but i still get a nasty knock over some bumps and still get a slight knock on startup so thinking it could be N/S driveshaft. Really i need to get the car jacked up and have a look but im on call tomorrow so probably no chance of that!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If/when you get a chance let me know, I need to diagnose the same effing issue Sad
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Well its been a while since i last updated this. Car has been sat for about a month. Tried to replace the fuel filter the other day but as soon as i touched the spring clip holding the filter into the hose, it started leaking. Great. Luckily, it was only the hose from the pump to the filter so was only 15 quid for the new one. Was a pig to fit but new filter is on and the car starts much quicker and runs ALOT better!
This is what came out of the old filter (which looked original :S)
[Image: IMG_1043_zps1281f15a.jpg]

anyway!
Got some custom plasma dials from one of our new traders. Pics dont do them justice. They look fantastic!

[Image: IMG_1068_zps354a70b1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1069_zpsd2a53ae1.jpg]

Will also be ordering a set of heater dials as well.
Will be buying some new rear dampers payday to match my 23.5mm torsion bars (really under damped at the moment) and then thats it for now. Just time to enjoy driving it!

Oh and finish my Trip computer Tongue
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Liking the dials a lot.

Just reminded me to change my fuel filter!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Them dials are awsome
Thanks given by:
Another like for the dials!
Thanks given by:
Those dials ar epic reminds me of thunderbirds for some reason lol
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The dials look great, fuel gauge needle doesn't seem to illuminate though? :p

If it's a driveshaft that's beginning to fail then its not that hard a job, it's just pretty daunting. I got a new driveshaft for £47 and fitted it in less than 2 hours. If only the father in law listened to me when I said the gearbox oil needed draining first then we could have done it quicker...he thought he knew better and that if we tilted the car far enough the oil wouldn't spill out. Wrong!!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 10:36 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: The dials look great, fuel gauge needle doesn't seem to illuminate though? :p

If it's a driveshaft that's beginning to fail then its not that hard a job, it's just pretty daunting. I got a new driveshaft for £47 and fitted it in less than 2 hours. If only the father in law listened to me when I said the gearbox oil needed draining first then we could have done it quicker...he thought he knew better and that if we tilted the car far enough the oil wouldn't spill out. Wrong!!

To be honest, i have a feeling it could be top mounts. One bolt on both has been stripped and it makes a nice clunk on pull away and over big bumps. Will get it in the air at the weekend and have a look seeing as the weather is getting nicer and means i can hoon again. Was having some fun around london on monday night but i was a bit worried about cornering hard because of the noises it was making!

Oh and i left the bulb out of the fuel needle. If i cant see it, its not a problem Tongue
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 10:44 PM)Niall Wrote: To be honest, i have a feeling it could be top mounts. One bolt on both has been stripped and it makes a nice clunk on pull away and over big bumps. Will get it in the air at the weekend and have a look seeing as the weather is getting nicer and means i can hoon again. Was having some fun around london on monday night but i was a bit worried about cornering hard because of the noises it was making!

Oh and i left the bulb out of the fuel needle. If i cant see it, its not a problem Tongue

You sorted your hub then? Did you get the Driveshaft out easier than mine? Tongue

Just looked back at the pics from when your car was last cleaned; it looks bloody lovely man Smile

What rear dampers you gonna go for? Adjustables or fixed?
Thanks given by:
I really like those dials!! How much were they?
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
looks super duper!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 08:17 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(20-02-2013, 10:44 PM)Niall Wrote: To be honest, i have a feeling it could be top mounts. One bolt on both has been stripped and it makes a nice clunk on pull away and over big bumps. Will get it in the air at the weekend and have a look seeing as the weather is getting nicer and means i can hoon again. Was having some fun around london on monday night but i was a bit worried about cornering hard because of the noises it was making!

You sorted your hub then? Did you get the Driveshaft out easier than mine? Tongue

Just looked back at the pics from when your car was last cleaned; it looks bloody lovely man Smile

What rear dampers you gonna go for? Adjustables or fixed?

Nah haven't sorted the hub. After driving it for a while on Monday, I'm thinking top mounts instead. And yeah I really really want to clean it again. Was going to after coming to yours on Saturday but realised all the cleaning stuff was at grants so just did the kia with fairy liquid lol

(21-02-2013, 08:27 AM)Kimmie Wrote: I really like those dials!! How much were they?

They were cheap for me Smile. Have a chat with the bloke and see what deal he will do you. He is a new trader in the traders section.

(21-02-2013, 08:51 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: looks super duper!

Cheers!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 08:57 AM)Niall Wrote: Nah haven't sorted the hub. After driving it for a while on Monday, I'm thinking top mounts instead. And yeah I really really want to clean it again. Was going to after coming to yours on Saturday but realised all the cleaning stuff was at grants so just did the kia with fairy liquid lol

lol I hinted at wanting to clean the car Sunday whilst the weather wasn't awful, but that idea got shot down pretty quickly haha! Meh, might have a go this Saturday morning before hockey. Thing is I'm friggin shattered, so could really do with the lie-in instead!! I think I know what'll happen.... Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,864 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,912 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,732 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese