Danke!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 096cbc54.jpg]

[Image: 73f1e82d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks epic good work! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So Mark, have you sold the eccentric top-mounts? Or did you just buy another set of the spring top-cups for the GHA's so you could sell them complete?

I have to say, they are a fapping awesome mod. The front-end grip is UNREAL with them and the GHA's. I spent Saturday desparately trying to recalibrate my brain as to what was possible; after stepping out of the nad I just couldn't think fast enough lol!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
The springs are bigger and fatter on the golds. So had to buy another set of spring cups.

Re fitted the Compbrake top mounts and adjusted everything and and the way home I was turning in much better.

I was turning and the car was just going where it was told.

I need to get my tracking done and get the right ride height do the tyres don't rub on the arch liners now.
Thanks given by:
[Image: ac00b30f.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right went to kris this morning. Idea was to machine polish the car, sort the knock and other little bits.
No paint shops open this morning so machine polish will have to wait.

So jacked car up looked for knock.... Nothing.
Went for drive ........ Nothing.

So thought it must have been my imagination. Jacked the car up to roll the lip. Problem gold golds are shorter that standard and gha gaz shocks. So the roller would not get to the lip.
Luckily my brakes are to big to fit the roller so kris had to remove them, when he went to refit them we heard the knock.
So sorted that, refitted the wheels and rolled the lip with a bar.

Also found out why to indicator fuse had blown, dump valve stopped working, a few weeks ago but though nothing of it. Turns out a connector had come undo and shorted out a fuse.

So now the dump valve works, my fans are working again the car feels great to drive too.
Thanks given by:
So got up this morning watched the F1 then cleaned the car ready for ace tomorrow night.

Also did this, won't be to everyone's liking but I like it.

[Image: 69f63b5d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its a massively marmite car however everything you do to it, you do to a very high standard and i cant fault that at all!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right went to see Kris today. My top mounts really arent getting on with my Gaz Golds.
But we are going to give it one more chance and see if it makes any difference. Basically the top sleeve nut keeps coming loose not dangerously loose but it allows for a bit of movement, it never did it on the old GHA's.
So will see what it does this week and then if needs be might need to find a new solution.

So did the top mounts, replaced the rear discs with some grooved ones to match the fronts and fitted a grayston stud conversion.

Some pics from the day.

[Image: Picture096-2.jpg]
[Image: Picture035-8.jpg]
[Image: Picture042-5.jpg]
[Image: Picture046-7.jpg]
[Image: Picture055-8.jpg]
[Image: Picture067-6.jpg]
[Image: Picture068-5.jpg]
[Image: Picture069-4.jpg]
[Image: Picture076-4.jpg]
[Image: Picture093-2.jpg]
[Image: Picture088-2.jpg]
[Image: Picture082-4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just get the threads turned down to accept a proper top-nut, rather than that shitty sleeve-nut Tongue
Thanks given by:
I still dont think that would work. There is enough thread there to use a nut now.
Thanks given by:
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ninja
Thanks given by:
lmfao ed! reaaallll sly!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wtaf? lol
you bastard.
glad you did that cause i wasnt sure how to ask him. lmao rep 1, errrm.
Thanks given by:
haha, I couldn't resist Tongue

Least it's out there now. Who knows, FCS could be the fertile bed in which your relationship can blossom? lmao
Thanks given by:
Team Euro? Pfft i'm going to call you Zidane and Djorkaeff from now on, good back in the day but past it now! Fitment is the new euro Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol Ed I may need to change my title and pass it on to you!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:haha, I couldn't resist Tongue

Least it's out there now. Who knows, FCS could be the fertile bed in which your relationship can blossom? lmao
i wont rush it. lets just see what happens Big Grin
Thanks given by:
lmao marks gonna shit him self when he reads his tread
Thanks given by:
I read it a while ago, you must not have seen my thread on .net when that first started. I am use to pages and pages and random stuff.

Back on topic, hopefully with any luck car will be looking much better by FCS.
Thanks given by:
So ordered a new OMP steering wheel and boss. Should be here this week. Hopefully before thursday, as Friday is my brothers wedding so wont be around for the postie.

Hermes are still trying to deliver my new centre caps, for some reason the guy does not leave them with a neighbour or his phone number so I can get in contact.

Going to do something special with these I think. One set maybe carbon to match the scheme of the car, or chequered, maybe another flip vinyl in blue.

Still having top mount issues so that will have to be sorted, might go back to standard for now.
Thanks given by:
What wheel you gone for?

I think a couple of computer suppliers were using hermes; absolutely rubbish IIRC...

So are the nuts still working loose? Wierd!! :S

Have you checked the bearing hasn't picked up any crap and stopped turning? Might mean the suspension is undoing the topnut everytime you turn? Just a thought...
Thanks given by:
Top mounts (aftermarket) when using any coilover or shock absorber should be fitted with a nylon lock-nut. You should never re-use old top mount nuts either, which is why GAZ always provide you with a nice shiny new one. If it's working loose, it's old and tired and needs replacing.

The wheel centre caps add to the clown car look, much like the colour-coded windscreen wipers.

Still, I look forward to the results of the full body respray coming up.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
New nuts being used from gaz. Top mounts freshly lubed.

Omp trecento.
Thanks given by:
Pompey306mark Wrote:New nuts being used from gaz. Top mounts freshly lubed.

Omp trecento.

Got any pics of the top of your topmounts in situ, c/w the new nuts on? just fmi... Smile
Thanks given by:
Not sure look back. Looks the same as it use to.
Thanks given by:
[Image: c1447bea.jpg]

Yea finally they have arrived, left with the neighbour. Had to leave a letter for him in my door so he got the clue no one would be in.
Thanks given by:
this was a surprise was not expecting it so quick.

[Image: ea7f3bd1.jpg]

Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marky Mark's Astor 6 mackat 106 30,778 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: mackat
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,907 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto