[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's awesome!
[Image: 5dd0e8e7-1.jpg]
Blaze XUD Dturbo
Soon To Be Stage 2..
Thanks given by:
Awesome, can't wait to see videos off this thing "finished!"
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
That sound is truely amazing! Fair play bud, cant wait for a vid of it going!

How many miles will you be bedding it in (before dyno lol)?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Well its had a fair bedding in, but theres alot more work required before its at any state to be near a dyno, need to get new downpipe / exhaust made up, build some bigger injectors / pump, and tune the shiz out of it yet...

Atm im just daily driving it getting used to the stupidly epic MPG I seem to be getting even driving the nuts off it! Just putting miles on the motor really as rings are taking a while to bed down home...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Interesting videos as always, crazy how custom this whole project is, it seems every single part has been modified in some way - even for example opening up the thing and switching the spring/diaphragm around.

Be up for another Cornwall meet if anyone fancies organising one!
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
The whole braided oil line thing is interesting, didn't know they were that easy to make up, I need one for my TD04. Do you know what fitting I need to go into the block at all?

On topic, I really can't wait to see this up and running at full power, look forward to plenty of in car videos!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I need to come round soon have a look/chat, well if I'm allowed to turn up in a petrol :p
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Can always leave the car in the layby up top of the lane Joe...

Haha only kidding, be good to see you again...been ages!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Nothing on it remains untouched/unmodified, and to completely go balls deep and throw so many things in the pot at once and give it all a good stir, I think you've obviously done your research into making sure everything fits together perfectly, and its easy to overlook the amount of pure research and development thats gone into ensuring everything works together... and to come to FCS, fire it up in the morning no issues, and drive back on the same tank of fuel... no hickups just proves how well you've put it together. I applaud you sir, because its something I could never do.

Seeing this come together has made me realise how stupidly simple an XUD rebuild is compared...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ Thanks Dave,

Tbh as you know, this stupid build has faught me every step of the way, there wasnt a single bit that "bolted on" without issues...even the most stupid of things wouldnt work / needed changing / have the car stripping down again to sort out...was driving me up the wall and back down the otherside at times, but even I was shocked at its latest reliability given the ammount of work done to it..still not had any issues yet!

Almost dont want to tune it now as the whoel reliable daily driver thing is starting to grow on me...

But im sure that will wear off!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 09:50 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Can always leave the car in the layby up top of the lane Joe...

Haha only kidding, be good to see you again...been ages!
hahaha will get my stereo working and play diesel noises and pour veg oil around the place like old times, think your old man commented on my car stinking like a chippy when I was up before Smile

(28-06-2012, 09:53 PM)Dave Wrote: Nothing on it remains untouched/unmodified, and to completely go balls deep and throw so many things in the pot at once and give it all a good stir, I think you've obviously done your research into making sure everything fits together perfectly, and its easy to overlook the amount of pure research and development thats gone into ensuring everything works together... and to come to FCS, fire it up in the morning no issues, and drive back on the same tank of fuel... no hickups just proves how well you've put it together. I applaud you sir, because its something I could never do.

Seeing this come together has made me realise how stupidly simple an XUD rebuild is compared...
^this, amazed at just getting the ve pump to work with the motor and homebrew injectors, not to even start on all the other mental homebrew stuff you've got going on
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
That engine bay is just insane! Awesome stuff man, sounds crazy Smile
Thanks given by:
think dave hit the nail on the head.
a truely epic build! amazing the amount of work done to this car.
would love to do a similar thing with a 1.6 or 1.4 hdi but wouldnt even know where to begin!
truely amazing work, fair play fella.

Also where the hell do you get the an fittings so cheap? ive looked on ebay etc and theyre much more than £12 for a line made up!

also is the vnt only being driven by the inverted vaccuum can?
Is it laggy or as good as a vaccuum?
Where did you take boost line to take it? exhaust manifold or in boost circuit?
Thanks given by:
i cant remember if i've asked this yet but what gear box are you running? How does it cope with 4x power/torque going through it?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
wow. just wow.

Hat. Off!

Seriously kl build there Darren. Can really appreciate the hard work and innovation gone into this! A monster concieved through passion towards all things mechanical and 306, nice.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 09:41 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: i cant remember if i've asked this yet but what gear box are you running? How does it cope with 4x power/torque going through it?

Its a 6 speed '6 box, no idea how it will cope, id imagine not to well once its tuned up, its not got bugger all power, let alone 4x atm...hoping to start tuning it soon, but not had the time recently, so just enjoying it as a reliable daily atm! Have a better long term plan for the gearbox though!

(02-07-2012, 11:09 PM)n0v0s Wrote: wow. just wow.

Hat. Off!

Seriously kl build there Darren. Can really appreciate the hard work and innovation gone into this! A monster concieved through passion towards all things mechanical and 306, nice.

Thanks for your comment Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Thought id update this, as been bit un active on here at the moment as been doing other things,

Have had car off the road for a while as Ive been sorting out a remote thermostat housing, as it runs way to cold atm without one (temperory measure to drive to FCS!), also getting a new inlet flange made as the stock plastic one hits the bonnet, which I cant stand, and also in middle of building new injector pump. And still waiting on the 12 month supercharger crank pulley haha, but should have one soon..

Then the tuning can begin...espically as I may have purchased some new nozzles the other night Smile

Have also fitted a set of GAZ gha struts / rear shocks to it this afternoon as had nothing else to work on, so will see what all the fuss is about! (bets on not noticing any difference? Wink )

Total photo fail though im afraid!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
amazing i will be keeping an eye on this tread
Thanks given by:
Not caught up on this a while, but this is awesome man, hats off to you for the work that went into this to get it ready for FCS.

Glad to hear it's been really reliable lately too!
Thanks given by:
Well since FCS was out the window Ive been starting to gather some bits / start preparing bits to start getting a bit more serious with this engine, as its covered a few miles now, so time to start the abuse..

So as normal, this starts with the pump, really only starting with some light modification, as am building another proper pump separably, but machining is occurring there, so just want some instant fuel with this pump for now...

Anyway I pulled the pump off this evening..which on an XUD takes about 30 seconds and a bit, but is a bit more of a ballache on this due to supercharger / charger brackets / boost hoses being in the way, cambelt covers being a bit of an arse, and no way to lock half the motor off...but anyway off it came:

[Image: IMAG0580.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0582.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 07:51 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Well since FCS was out the window Ive been starting to gather some bits / start preparing bits to start getting a bit more serious with this engine, as its covered a few miles now, so time to start the abuse..

So as normal, this starts with the pump, really only starting with some light modification, as am building another proper pump separably, but machining is occurring there, so just want some instant fuel with this pump for now...

Anyway I pulled the pump off this evening..which on an XUD takes about 30 seconds and a bit, but is a bit more of a ballache on this due to supercharger / charger brackets / boost hoses being in the way, cambelt covers being a bit of an arse, and no way to lock half the motor off...but anyway off it came:

Actually cannot wait to see some videos of this thing boosting!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Really wish I'd had a look at this thing when I was in Cornwall Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 09:32 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Really wish I'd had a look at this thing when I was in Cornwall Sad

Why didnt you Tongue I was here Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 10:13 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(18-07-2012, 09:32 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Really wish I'd had a look at this thing when I was in Cornwall Sad

Why didnt you Tongue I was here Smile

Didn't have your number mate, plus with the weather being a bit iffy we were just spending time on the beach whenever we could. Worst bit is, because of money problems I can't do September unless I can find somewhere mega cheap to camp for a few days, but everywheres booked up...

I miss Cornwall Sad

Ahh well, at least when I do see it next year at FCS or wherever it'll be running at full capacity Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Either that or Darren will have gotten bored by next fcs and be building a triple turbo twin supercharged engine.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That would be epic!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 05:10 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Ahh well, at least when I do see it next year at FCS or wherever it'll be running at full capacity Smile

No it won't, there is no such thing, you just keep tuning until something breaks, have you not learnt this yet Big Grin

(19-07-2012, 08:05 AM)Niall Wrote: Either that or Darren will have gotten bored by next fcs and be building a triple turbo twin supercharged engine.....

Or he will have blown it up lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
He'll be adding more boost until it can fly to FCS.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,210 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,553 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 190,200 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009