Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ruan's GTi6 (XU10>XUD9) - Subject to Change ;)
#1
So basically, I've gone and bought a GTi6, I've seen the light!! Petrol is just so much better!











HAHAHA Like f*ck is it!!!!

I like the car and all, it's just horrific on fuel, not set your pants on fire quick, I don't find it *that* enjoyable to drive... I hate to say it, if I went tomorrow for a DRIVE - I'd still take the Diesel - I just prefer the power delivery, the economy, (sorry everyone..) the noise... Don't get me wrong, it's quick, nice - but just doesn't do it for me.

Hence why I'm pretty set on taking the GTi6 lump out and shoving in a Diesel...

It's done 90k miles, ph3, moonstone blue - bodywork is pretty good tbh - main reason I bought it... Had a slight overheating problem which proved to be a £5 thermostat and the clutch is very heavy and doesn't disengage fully - i.e. cable is worn out and bushes are knackered. I'm going to keep it whilst I redo my engine and then it'll come off the road and have the Diesel lump put in it...

Some photos:

[Image: w1ixu.jpg]

[Image: 20iz252.jpg]

So yeah, screw the haters!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#2
Lmfao awesome!
Someone please put this on the 6 site haha

I take it one of these as more of daily and the other is a playthig?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#3
No! Please don't!

I'll get lynched!

For the record - the main reason I bought it - it was £500!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#4
what ya doing with the 6 lump?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#5
Muhahahaha
#6
Ewwww manstain... Ewwwww petrol...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#7
500 quid :-0 what's up with it?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#8
Like I said, was overheating, has a heavy clutch and the top mount bearings are a bit shagged...

That's it... Otherwise it's mint...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#9
£500...wish I could find one that cheap.......not in moonstone though. :? lol

So what diesel are you putting in it or is that a secret?
#10
Essentially the same as my old one, but rebuilt with proper head studs and a few other little bits, nothing that special... A few modifications to protect the cylinder head from excessive heat and some balancing.

Should be around the same power before, maybe a tad more, so about 180-190hp, but a lot more reliable than before.

TBH I'm quite a fan of Moonstone now, it'll look even better with coal smashing out of it's back door.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#11
Ruan Wrote:Essentially the same as my old one, but rebuilt with proper head studs and a few other little bits, nothing that special... A few modifications to protect the cylinder head from excessive heat and some balancing.

Should be around the same power before, maybe a tad more, so about 180-190hp, but a lot more reliable than before.

TBH I'm quite a fan of Moonstone now, it'll look even better with coal smashing out of it's back door.


Ah right, should be good then. Big Grin And I assume you'll be leaving the '6 badges on..... Wink
#12
It hasn't got any to begin with - so no worries there!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#13
Ruan Wrote:It hasn't got any to begin with - so no worries there!

Phew - hides the shame at least! lmao
#14
Lol, everyone thinks it's a HDi!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#15
God thats even worse. Get some XUD badges on there asap lol
#16
Haha, get some then...........blowing coal across a '6 badge would be pretty funny..........you'd also get odd looks at the petrol station with the black pump in a 6. :? Big Grin
#17
Don't worry, they'll know when it sounds like a lorry with 25* static timing has just pulled up...

That's what you call a sweet sounding engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHjFgruSfQ
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#18
I looked out my window with this parked outside and wished it was my car. Anyway everyone, ive got first dibs on the engine if it comes out btw...
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
#19
Atterz Wrote:I looked out my window with this parked outside and wished it was my car. Anyway everyone, ive got first dibs on the engine when it comes out btw...
whistle
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#20
Seems to be lacking some forced airflow.
On the 306 waiting list.
#21
Pft, you know my view on this!!

All I can say is I dont want to see it until theres an XUD in it Wink

heh looks tidy tho, altho shame its manstone Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#22
Manstone is actually a gorgeous colour to be honest Smile.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
#23
Genius, look forward to seeing this one being built up. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#24
Looks tidy, personally like moonstone. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#25
Oh dear ruan, what have you bought, at least your putting a decent engine in it Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#26
mark_airey Wrote:Oh dear ruan, what have you bought, at least your putting a decent engine in it Big Grin

It came with a decent engine.......
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#27
Matt Wrote:It came with a decent engine.......

meh........it's lacking in 2 main things............boost & coal Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#28
But it has bwarp and win Wink


Looks good man, bloody bargain!
#29
They're not bad...

For the way people rave about them and their terrible economy, they should have at least an extra 40hp and 80lb.ft... Getting 28-30mpg grannying it - is the realm of of 200-250hp Turbo engines, and they're just not good enough to justify it... It does just prove really that these are the last of the non-vvt/vvl engines and suffer because of it!

Whenever I put my foot down I think - "this really isn't that good" and "oh god my fuel level"...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#30
I've got dibs on the fogs! Hurry up and take them offff Smile
[Image: kim.png]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stu's (Ruan's (and Vaughan's (and Jonnys))) HDi Estate vlj 179 120,631 12-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Grant

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)