April Club Camping Meet

Poll: Where shall we go for April Club Camping?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cornwall
59.52%
25 59.52%
Cumbria
40.48%
17 40.48%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Club Camping Meet
I didn't make it clear. It's 20 a night for a pitch but that's for 2 people so really 10 a night
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Bugger off Mark, got a lot on my mind. Tongue

As Niall says it'll work out £10/p/n, so not bad, although still double the price of any other weekend... :roll:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It is still a lot, especially if you were planning to camp the 3 nights Confusedhock: However, having had a quick look myself this does seem to be the typical Easter rate in that area. Sad
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
My missus aint comming and i aint sharing my double sleeping bag with anyone else so £20 a night is ALOT
Thanks given by:
How about this place

http://www.oakleyfarm.co.uk/prices.htm

Near newbury so good road links and not a tourist bank holiday type place

Oh and £10pn
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Well this is going well...........so to summarize again, nobody knows where or when this is happening, so we are still effectively on page one lol

No flies on you Wink

I dont mind paying the extra for a campsite, but I've already worked my schedule around this being on the easter weekend. I know it was never confirmed to be this, but will be an inconvenience if it is moved...

It would be a shame to let this fall through!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Right we're never going to please everyone. It's going to be impossible seeing as we are all over the country.
Everyone was originally happy with coming south for this meet (then we can arrange a northern camping meet July/August time)

How about we choose 2-3 sites that have been suggested. 1 in new forest, 1 that dum suggested and another if someone comes up with another location. A mod can then put them into a new poll and we'll just leave it open for a day or so. What ever has the most votes at the end is where we go.

As said, not everyone is going to be happy but your never going to please everyone
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Right we're never going to please everyone. It's going to be impossible seeing as we are all over the country.
Everyone was originally happy with coming south for this meet (then we can arrange a northern camping meet July/August time)

I think you will find that it was a 60/40 split south to north so "everyone" wasn't happy coming south whistle

But yeah, its impossible to please everyone I agree.....................
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Ok sorry, most were happy to come south.
I can tell that your clearly not happy about it mark but when we do the northern one, it will be exactly the same. Some of the southern lot won't be happy about it. Swings and roundabouts ain't it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Ok sorry, most were happy to come south.
I can tell that your clearly not happy about it mark but when we do the northern one, it will be exactly the same. Some of the southern lot won't be happy about it. Swings and roundabouts ain't it.

I really couldn't care less TBH so no you can't tell anything, its nice to actually know what was going on instead of everything being up in the air, quite honestly it means that I don't need to try and sort something out with no notice at all for then about 5 people to turn up when 30 have said that they are definitely coming, I know it will be the same, every national meet is the same, that is what happens when the members are spread all over the country, comes with the territory TBH

Just reading through this thread makes it look like a piss-up in a brewery would have been hard to sort out, never mind a camping meet lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Pissup in a brewery would be good. At least there's an incentive for people to travel! Lol

Btw wernt getting shitty mark. Just saying you don't seem happy about this.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Pissup in a brewery would be good. At least there's an incentive for people to travel! Lol

Btw wernt getting shitty mark. Just saying you don't seem happy about this.

True, but then I don't drink so there is no incentive there at all for me to go lol

As I say, I'm really not bothered at all mate, the lack of organization is just driving me mad, lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I can understand everyone's frustration, but take a stap back- camping was sorted for Easter Weekend, we chose to go to Cornwall and Darren's, and then Darren said it wasn't the right time. Fine, whatever, but it's now meant that we have to start from the beginning again. As it had been decided it would be down south, we're sticking with that. When we have the Northern meet it will be the same with people being unhappy, but there's not a lot we can do.

So now we need to find somewhere that's happy to take groups and isn't going to cost too much.
Thanks given by:
I think everyone should take a dosage of MTFU.

If everyone was happy to go down to Darrens surely a campsite around there isnt really that much a change?

im game for anything Wink
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Well from skim reading this, this is going well. I'm going to need to know yes/no, I was being pushed to get confirmation when I've been very busy recently, if this could go ahead. I had to get stuff done to make this happen, as at the end of the day, it's my Uncles decision... I've done this, and now we're not sure again?!

No, I can't do Easter weekend, I have arrangements with my partners family and I'm not letting them down, nor can it go ahead without me here... So I'm not saying that to be awkward. So, it's either later on and I carry on and start a poll, or people can go somewhere else on Easter... Which will be fun...

Also, for those saying it's a pain in the arse... We've had 6 now (I think?) and there's always been a great turnout... and I didn't think we were trying to please EVERYONE still as that won't happen, realistically.

So, you guys were waiting on me, I know, but I've explained this. So... back to you then!
Thanks given by:
Curt I don't think anyone is talking about you specifically, but I don't think people realised that you weren't able to do Easter, from the way it was mentioned earlier on in the thread 'why can't we just do it at Curt's?'. It made it sound like it would definitely be at yours and definitely be that weekend.

So yeah, now we have the confirmation I think we can safely go ahead and look at somewhere else for Easter Smile

If you'd like, I'm happy to sort out a thread for later in the month, if you just PM me the dates? I know you're busy, and well I'm still claiming jet-lag at work Tongue let me know!
Thanks given by:
Still don't think it should be on the south coast, a. People voted for cornwall, not south coast. 2. Its a bitch to get to except for people already on the south coast or near London. And you can say about driving roads all you want, but if you're driving 5+ hours, then you just wanna be there as soon as possible
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think this just needs someone like Scott or fooby to name a site/place and that's where we stick to. If you can go, go, jf you can't, you can't. Simple.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I think this just needs someone like Scott or fooby to name a site/place and that's where we stick to. If you can go, go, jf you can't, you can't. Simple.

Exactly this, it isn't trying to please everyone, just pick somewhere, it doesn't matter where it is as it will still be a long way for some and close for others, someone always has to be the furthest away no matter where it is! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I like camping
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:I like camping

Seriously Phill......... still living up to your title I see!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:I like camping

Seriously Phill......... still living up to your title I see!
Thought id lighten the mood a bit :-P
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Thought id lighten the mood a bit :-P

Really? You failed, now GTFO lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Yes sir :-(
Thanks given by:
Any input from any staff on choosing a site?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The moon?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:The moon?

already there i fancied a change!
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:
Matt Wrote:The moon?

already there i fancied a change!

Sweet I'm heading out next week Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Location: Since Curt's is a no-go at Easter, let's organise it for Cornwall/Devon area. As Connor mentioned (maybe not in this thread, can't remember) the people slightly more North can come down the M5 which will make it a little easier.
Thanks given by:
Santa pod sounds good, Id be up for it, its a good venu

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 7,099 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,741 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Summer Camping meet cully 49 7,444 22-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Just Sean