April Club Camping Meet

Poll: Where shall we go for April Club Camping?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cornwall
59.52%
25 59.52%
Cumbria
40.48%
17 40.48%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Club Camping Meet
I can sort out camping at a new forest site if no-one else has anything in the pipeline, only issue being most of them are geared towards families and aren't especially cheap, still not awful though. We should be alright as it's not peak season, they're usually pretty quiet until late May. Well, as long as we don't go during the easter holidays that is.

Everyone without a better idea say "aye"...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Right guys we need a Definate answer from curt. I believe Scott was talking to him about it so if he could give us an answer that would be good.
If its a no then fair play, I think we need to find a camp site down south.
Before people start moaning about it being down south, everyone was happy to drive to Darren's so no reason why it should move up north (we can do a northern meet later in the year. That will be the fairest way)

If we o for the campsite, we need to remember that it could be busyish as its Easter weekend.
I do think poodles idea of the new forest is great as there are some fantastic roads there, we're close to the sea should the weather be nice and it's easy to get to
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Imo it should be in cornwall, as that is what people voted for, also as cornwall is easy for the northern monkeys to get to, as its at the bottom of the m5, whereas curts is a pain in the assets to get to, as there are no direct major routes
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I spoke to Scott yesterday, and confirmed it's all good for next month. I said I would put the thread up when I had the chance which is probably why nothing was mentioned... But I haven't had a chance to even get online since.

I will start the thread tomorrow, with a poll for the date. It'll be the latter part of the month.

But now, bed
Thanks given by:
Its not that bad to get to. Northern lot if they come just go down the m25 to the a3 then onto the a27 to chi :-)

As for bristol area is fun drive down. Made the trip to cheddar a few times and its fine :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We're doing this easter weekend, who's bright idea was that?! Tongue Thank fook Curt came to the rescue then, we would not be popular on public sites lol.

Connor has got a point tbf, Chich is one of those places that's a bit of a faff to get to if you're not already on the South coast. Would say it's probably best we don't change the venue again though, as people have already said; it's only a month away now. Cornwall camping meet in June..?

EDIT: Just thought; what's it going to be like on the A27 considering it's easter weekend... Doh
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Curt Wrote:I will start the thread tomorrow, with a poll for the date. It'll be the latter part of the month.

Think this means it won't be at Easter....
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Connor has got a point tbf, Chich is one of those places that's a bit of a faff to get to if you're not already on the South coast. Would say it's probably best we don't change the venue again though, as people have already said; it's only a month away now. Cornwall camping meet in June..?

Sat Nav... Whatever time people will spend supposedly getting lost will be made up for in travel time and juice...

Poodle Wrote:EDIT: Just thought; what's it going to be like on the A27 considering it's easter weekend... Doh

Full of broken down 306's if this goes ahead lmao

Kimmie Wrote:Think this means it won't be at Easter....

Confusedhock:
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Haha, shup Kimmie, you and your reading the post properly. Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My bad.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Poodle do you fancy new forrest camping anyway as i might not be able to make the end of april.
Thanks given by:
Can I point out that while getting to chi from oop north is a slight faff, the last 30miles if you leave the motorway at haslemere or petersfield are imo some of the best in the south...

What better than a bloody good backroad blast to start a car & camping meet?!

I'm actually giddy with excitement at the prospect of driving those roads again in the sunshine!! Big Grin
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed makes a good point. Some fapping epic roads round there!!

Poodle, If we try and do a camping meet in June I doubt many people will go as FCS camping is June and if people are anything like me, that weekend will probably cost 300+ once you add fuel, camping, food and drink and the show.

If curt can't do Easter weekend, I think we should find a campsite. We're all grown up enough to behave (unless Phil brings some friends.....) when needed so shouldnt piss to many people off.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I agree with niall.
Thanks given by:
Hahhaha fair enough. Good point, i forget the show season is starting soon and some people are still daft enough to drive pervs. :p

Bear in mind camping will cost a good 50% more on easter weekend than any other weekend in April. Just seems a bit pointless to go somewhere with great camp-sites and driving roads when the camp-sites are going to be full of kids and the roads full of idiots doing 10mph and stopping every hundred yards to point at the ponies.

If you want to look at the ponies, get the f*ck off the road and go and look at ponies, oh but i forgot, god forbid your fat, spoilt, psp-addicted spawn actually get some f*cking exercise, or worse some fresh air. No best stay in the car, especially with all these crazy locals who don't seem to care about their car moving onto the verge at nearly 5mph to pass each other, where's the nearest macdonalds, we want to take the brats somewhere we know is safe. Better drive all the way there at 25, i know there's cattle grids between us and the animals, but i don't trust those horses, i'm sure they were looking at me funny earlier. And who planted these trees so close to the road, it's plain dangerous i tell you, my husbands a health and safety inspector, he'd have something to say about this.

/rage

EDIT: Went a bit off-topic there, ahem.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle I know what you mean but most people are now expecting this to be Easter weekend as it has been for a long time.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It would be silly to move this from any point in April, due to the other shows as mentioned. Although we know we'll behave, I think we'll still struggle in the New Forest as people have preconceptions of car clubs. Scott went camping somehwere near Lyndhurst a few years back with about 9 friends, and they had to pay a ridiculous extra deposit, just because they were a group of guys likely to cause trouble (they're really not that type at all).

So I think if we are going to be looking for a campsite at Easter weekend, we need to do some research first and see how viable it is. Personally I can't really afford anything atm, so I don't really want to camp twice or pay loads for it Sad
Thanks given by:
Haha, fair play, i'm still happy to set it up tbf, it's just down the road for me so i'll still come along. I will say one more time, please think about this carefully, Kimmie's point above rings true with my experiences of camping in the forest, even more so as it's easter weekend and the site-owners will be reluctant to risk upsetting everyone else on their site.

Got a few known-good options:

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/our_..._wood.aspx

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/our_...beech.aspx

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/our_...dhill.aspx

Hollands Wood is the traditional favourite and close to Brockenhurst, which is always an awesome place, but will be very busy.

Ocknell is cheap, more likely to be quiet and bang in the middle of the best driving roads in the area (imo).

Roundhill is also close to Brock, can do some good group discounts and is more likely to let us be, but we might be a bit late to book the rally area.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'll make some phone calls today at a few sites.
Anyone have any preference as to where in the forest? I think somewhere like Lyndhurst would be good as there's some epic roads around there and it quite closeish is the sea.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ocknell will be 20 quid a night for 2 people on a pitch.
Not a bad price for bank holiday tbh
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well this is going well...........so to summarize again, nobody knows where or when this is happening, so we are still effectively on page one lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Mark it's 6-9 April. So that's when.....
It's going to be in the south. I personally think new forest is a great idea. Perhaps if we had a few more people saying yes or no, then we could choose a site.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I can make it Smile

I'll be camping on the nights of the 7th and 8th.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Well to be fair, we did have it all worked out until a couple of weeks ago!

New Forest is good, and there's also a few campsites around Curt's, which means we'll also be by the shops etc, as a back up idea.
Thanks given by:
£20 a night is a bit much
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:£20 a night is a bit much

As is the 6 hour drive each way for me! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
We not doing Chichester area now then??

Dunccccctonnnn!!!!!!

Petersfield->midhurst->petworth->duncton->chichester->goodwood =friggin WINNNN!!!

Surely there's something near duncton where we can camp; a farmers field or similar??
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
There's a tesco's in Brock these days.

Lyndhurst isn't any nearer the sea than the rest of the forest tbh, not any part of the sea you want to go save for lepe anyway lol, and if anywhere in the forest is going to be unmanageable over easter it's there. Seriously, please don't sort out somewhere near Lyndhurst, the traffic is ridiculous at the best of times, we're talking hour-long tail-backs for most of the weekend, no exaggeration.

EDIT: £20 a night is uber-cheap for the forest at easter weekend mate, look at the other prices on that site. I keep saying easter is a silly idea... ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha correction, i will be moving house on that weekend so won't be appearing after all. Can't believe i forgot about that lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Haha correction, i will be moving house on that weekend so won't be appearing after all. Can't believe i forgot about that lol.

lmao thats a fairly big thing to forget, can you remember where your moving to?? Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 7,157 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,754 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Summer Camping meet cully 49 7,500 22-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Just Sean