Christmas Meet chat thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Meet chat thread
(23-07-2014, 07:28 AM)Sian Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 07:24 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 07:06 AM)Sian Wrote: I don't wanna be going over 400miles just to have a drink with you guys :/ if its that far its unlikely I will come

It's not gonna be that far from you wherever it is, Leeds isn't that far from you and we're not having it in Leeds, much as I'd love that.

We're working on something that suits everyone as well as possible Smile
Im meaning 200+ miles up and 200 back Sad pugfest was around that Sad I can get around 460 miles to a tank! So if I'm doing more then that its gonna cost me a stupid amount ! £75 too fill it up

I know how you feel! 520 mile round trip to FCS at 32mpg Sad

It's the price we pay for living out of the way of the overpopulated, overpriced south and south east. It's totally worth it.

(23-07-2014, 08:26 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Northern Ireland meet please Big Grin

Suits me, got family there, and Belfast in terms of driving miles is only actually 80 miles for me, rest of it is ferry lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 08:33 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 07:28 AM)Sian Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 07:24 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: It's not gonna be that far from you wherever it is, Leeds isn't that far from you and we're not having it in Leeds, much as I'd love that.

We're working on something that suits everyone as well as possible Smile
Im meaning 200+ miles up and 200 back Sad pugfest was around that Sad I can get around 460 miles to a tank! So if I'm doing more then that its gonna cost me a stupid amount ! £75 too fill it up

I know how you feel! 520 mile round trip to FCS at 32mpg Sad

It's the price we pay for living out of the way of the overpopulated, overpriced south and south east. It's totally worth it.

(23-07-2014, 08:26 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Northern Ireland meet please Big Grin

Suits me, got family there, and Belfast in terms of driving miles is only actually 80 miles for me, rest of it is ferry lol

Oh god... This is not a good option guys haha!!
Thanks given by:
Likewise Liam. Friends and family also... its a pain goimg there though. I hate boats and planes! Arg!
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 08:43 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Likewise Liam. Friends and family also... its a pain goimg there though. I hate boats and planes! Arg!
I don't go often to be fair, and when I do I fly. I only get the ferry if I'm going to Mayo, then I drive from Dun Laoghaire. Belfast is a place everyone should see at least once, in the company of locals. Then you can see how much shite the UK media talks about what it's like there, and see how it really is. Inspiring and horribly unfair in equal measures.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 08:50 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 08:43 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Likewise Liam. Friends and family also... its a pain goimg there though. I hate boats and planes! Arg!
I don't go often to be fair, and when I do I fly. I only get the ferry if I'm going to Mayo, then I drive from Dun Laoghaire. Belfast is a place everyone should see at least once, in the company of locals. Then you can see how much shite the UK media talks about what it's like there, and see how it really is. Inspiring and horribly unfair in equal measures.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My old Mans girlfriend lives in NI and I go there a fair bit (not been for s few years sadly) I must say its one of the friendliest places in the UK and never felt out of place, unlike London etc.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 09:17 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 08:50 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. My old Mans girlfriend lives in NI and I go there a fair bit (not been for s few years sadly) I must say its one of the friendliest places in the UK and never felt out of place, unlike London etc.

Exactly. I'm only half Irish, but always feel more comfortable and happier in Belfast or Dublin than London. Maybe because my English half is Yorkshire, and we never feel comfortable in London, and because Irish people are very proud of their roots and that came from my Irish side, but English people aren't quite as fervent about it so I never got the equivalent from the English side...

Whereabouts do you stay? I've family in Short Strand.
Thanks given by:
They most certainly are proud of their roots!

I stay somewhere not too far from Stormont, I'll find out for definite where. Smile Spent a fair bit of time in Carrickfergus too
Thanks given by:
I need this to be in Southampton this year, sorry Sian, but the decisions already been made. Me and a mate both agree its a good idea, so thats that really. It's not that I can't afford it, more that i'm f*cking selfish tbh, such is life eh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 11:28 AM)Poodle Wrote: I need this to be in Southampton this year, sorry Sian, but the decisions already been made. Me and a mate both agree its a good idea, so thats that really. It's not that I can't afford it, more that i'm f*cking selfish tbh, such is life eh.

Thats fine by me lol only 118 miles to Southampton !
Thanks given by:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=847964&d=1386196506]
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can't do Southampton. Allergies.
Thanks given by:
Look guys, its gonna be somewhere that's sensible for everyone within reason, a best compromise. It won't be on the south coast because that's too far for people from Yorkshire for example. Likewise, it won't be Norwich because that's too far for people from the west country. However, people from Yorkshire or the west country will always have to travel further, because we live away from where the majority of members live. The priorities are price, motorway links and average travelling distance.
Thanks given by:
Everyone is just pulling your chain Liam, were just making jokes whist bored Smile. I mean of course its not like I cant go to Southampton because I'm allergic. I cant go because I'm banned.
Thanks given by:
Somewhere near Castle Combe should be fine.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Lol, may as well tie it in with the Wiltshire meet then.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 12:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Look guys, its gonna be somewhere that's sensible for everyone within reason, a best compromise. It won't be on the south coast because that's too far for people from Yorkshire for example. Likewise, it won't be Norwich because that's too far for people from the west country. However, people from Yorkshire or the west country will always have to travel further, because we live away from where the majority of members live. The priorities are price, motorway links and average travelling distance.

This is why I said Gloucester or Cheltenham no one listens to me though lol
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 12:34 PM)Sian Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 12:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Look guys, its gonna be somewhere that's sensible for everyone within reason, a best compromise. It won't be on the south coast because that's too far for people from Yorkshire for example. Likewise, it won't be Norwich because that's too far for people from the west country. However, people from Yorkshire or the west country will always have to travel further, because we live away from where the majority of members live. The priorities are price, motorway links and average travelling distance.

Who says no-one listens to you? A decision hasn't been made yet, and were listening to everyone. The whole point of this is a compromise, and more than anything were listening to who's coming to be honest.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 12:52 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 12:34 PM)Sian Wrote:

Who says no-one listens to you? A decision hasn't been made yet, and were listening to everyone. The whole point of this is a compromise, and more than anything were listening to who's coming to be honest.

Hmmm true! I'm not fussed as long as its under a 400 mile trip lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, we got that already, thanks... Rolleyes

Don't forget to include an actual meet this year guys lol. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'll bring the style Wink
Thanks given by:
I think it should be in Aylesbury.

That or maybe Coventry at Taybarns
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 02:16 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I'll bring the style Wink
That's fine bro, I got this.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 03:08 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

But of course, will Sir be bringing the Benz?
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 02:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: That or maybe Coventry at Taybarns

I wondered how long it would be until you suggested this lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 03:27 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote:

For sure he should

Valet parking Liam? for when you make an entrance? Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Why of course! How else would one stare down ones nose derisively at peasants in French vehicles?

(23-07-2014, 03:51 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(23-07-2014, 03:08 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: That's fine bro, I got this.

For sure he should

Valet parking Liam? for when you make an entrance? Big Grin

I'll inform my driver, thank you boy.
Thanks given by:
Maybe somewhere in south east or near london...
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 09:08 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Maybe somewhere in south east or near london...

That would suit me Big Grin

Aint going to be there though. We already have a provisional location sorted which we are discussing currently. Will announce in a few days Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ahh mannn... Keeping it as a suprise ehh niall??
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
OOOH! I love surprises! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,982 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 19,559 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
  306oc Christmas Meet 2017 - 2nd/3rd December - Coventry Eeyore 26 22,894 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM