Purdy!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdy!
(23-11-2013, 04:40 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Did you buy that amp off Calvin? It's not I good idea to have amps in boxes the get quite hot, unless your gonna have some sort of cooling?

No mate. Didn't get round to testing my dodgy one, might be needing another 4channel anyways so there be amps lol There's gonna be cooling for them. That's the next thing to sort once I'm happy with structure etc
Thanks given by:
I'm not to keen all those stickers a lol
Thanks given by:
Not done much on the 306 lately due to me not being to well.

But I did however manage to get the starter motor off as I need a new one and in the process I found out its a JAP part! Made by Mitsubishi! Checked it on pug service box and pug did indeed indulge in the JAP part bin lol

Anyways I'll be getting a new one at start of new year due to postal service being dodgy around this time. Should set me back about £60 but at least I'll be able to start her properly!

Also browsing through fast car mag the other and came across these beauties - NANKANG NS-2R so I'll be ordering some of these aswell for my cyclones!

[Image: b4bc714df51f9d7a14106b3ca76ea69f_zps0f3fd0ff.jpg]

Should have more done on audio next weekend!
Thanks given by:
Should buy those wheels to put on it Wink

Get a Hdi starter motor turns the engine quicker helps with start Times etc Wink just a heads up

Thanks given by:
(21-12-2013, 08:58 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Should buy those wheels to put on it Wink

Get a Hdi starter motor turns the engine quicker helps with start Times etc Wink just a heads up

Thanks for that chris Smile

Those alloys look nice but not as cool as my ink and black cyclones! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Cool?? Lol not quite sure that's a word I would use Tongue

Pull your finger out any way get it big boosted Wink

Thanks given by:
YAY! My starter motor arrived! And distribution block for my audio!

Should have Purdy fired up tomorrow! Big Grin can't wait!
[Image: 69643905-0FD8-458E-9C44-023F4EE78727_zpsikaoegpe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you need a hand let me no Wink

Thanks given by:
Purdy is up and running with a new starter motor and brand new battery! And currently being stripped out!

I will get her finished for FCS! (hopefully)
Thanks given by:
So finally did some sorting in the shed today and got my headlights built back up with there eyebrows aswell!

[Image: y3ybu9y8-1.jpg][Image: 7u3aby6a-1.jpg]

Also got most of parts organized to get working on Purdy next weekend!

Jobs to do:

Fit exhaust
Fit FMIC
Change front bumper
Change passenger wishbone
Fit lower strut brace
Fit cv boot to drivers side
Fit drivers door lock
Sort electrics and Audio cables
Clean & refit interior

There's lots more but they can wait for for now lol this should keep me busy.

If anybody would like to help for free! i'd be very grateful! Big Grin

Postcode is SK178NP!
Thanks given by:
Have to says this is the most random 306 related thread!

Some real good workmanship and hours gone into it so well done ThumbsUp
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 12:18 AM)7057sam Wrote: Have to says this is the most random 306 related thread!

Some real good workmanship and hours gone into it so well done ThumbsUp

Thanks it's gotta get even more random by the time it's finished!!!!!

So I went to work on the 306 at the weekend and everything went wrong!!!!! First of all a wheel bolt snapped! Then it started raining! I couldn't get the fecking front bumper off!.

So now I've got to drill the existing bit of the bolt out of the hub! Attack the bumper again! And not get wet in the process this weekend! On a more positive note some goodies arrived today including these!

[Image: ynu2u7un.jpg]

I also got:

* brake pads
* oil
* brake fluid
* coolant
* filters

So I'm gonna have some new wheel bolts coming shortly and gotta get my cyclones finished as I'll be ordering some rubber for them!!! And hopefully get a load of jobs finished on her!
Thanks given by:
So I finally got the bumper off!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: e6ynahy5.jpg]

Bolts were extremely rusted on! And some sheared off! Bloody rust!

Anyways took slam panel off aswell and gave it a quick clean up and painted it blue with some paint I had left over from doing my drums.

[Image: udaryjej.jpg]

I was going to install the FMIC but I'd got annoyed with the bumper and I've been having more problems with my hip and needed some rest.

So I've got ash & Chris who are gonna come help me on Friday Smile
Thanks given by:
Whilst those headlight are.... Different.... The cleaner seems to have worked well.

Got any pictures fitted?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 06:00 PM)Grant Wrote: Whilst those headlight are.... Different.... The cleaner seems to have worked well.

Got any pictures fitted?

Yeh the clean is good. I'm gonna give it ago on my mrs Clio as her headlights are a mess.

No pictures fitted as there no front end on the car waiting to fit FMIC on Friday Smile
Thanks given by:
So I'm very happy today as I won £40 on a scratch card! So it means I've been able to order my callipers, spacers and wheel bolts! Next thing on list is tyres once I've got alloys done!
Thanks given by:
So today has been productive! And extremely insightful for me!

I can't thank ash and chris enough for helping me! They virtually did all the work! So I've just got to do the last bits myself!

Here's some pictures

[Image: 7BD35D86-D21A-46B6-ADAF-1E120BB67F62_zpsjq8zihyw.jpg]

[Image: 99BD5E70-1EE4-45E5-BFE2-03C89FA71FF9_zpsygfqj9qw.jpg]

[Image: C9475AA1-A3B5-489F-8F04-AF8557229C29_zpsygip6kxx.jpg]

Ash making a blanking plank for egr from a tin lid lol^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Image: 75FF1799-8B60-4751-95A9-6622D30D7444_zpsfnpuwzoi.jpg]

There's a few more jobs to sort out on it but I'll be tackling them over the weekend.

Again massive thanks to ash and chris for all the help!
Thanks given by:
Big Grin was a laff all tho I would say ash did most of it all tho inbetween laffing I did some bits to Wink

Thanks given by:
Yeh it was thanks again Smile
Thanks given by:
What cooler have you gone for there?
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2014, 04:46 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: What cooler have you gone for there?

All I know is its a twin pass intercooler lol not sure what it's off.
Thanks given by:
Shame looks to be a nice little one that.
Thanks given by:
It's off a sarrb (how ever you spell it)

Thanks given by:
yeah its off the older saab turbos fits perfect around the rad ideal for 306 IMO
Thanks given by:
Got exhaust on and finished fitting FMIC! which is awesome! except I now have a massive oil leak!!!!!! I think it's the oil feed to the turbo so I'm gonna clean it up and check it all and hopefully fix it.

Bumper also need trimming so exhaust fits better.

[Image: 663D7FCB57784712BD01DC7B97F66CB2_zpsngoc-1.jpg]

Here's a video

[Image: FB6F2CB0-6223-4803-BFB6-85EF64B66A06_zpsh2p9rrn8.mp4]
Thanks given by:
Fixed the leak it was the oil return line. Now she runs lovely and I've cleaned up the drive lol
Thanks given by:
So I've ordered my tyres Big Grin went for the Kumho Ecsta HM KH31

Choose them not because they were the cheapest but I've had khumo's before and find them excellent value for money, great grip in bad and good weather.

[Image: f546a672bc133a28f7514689f80edaff_zps9b9820c4.jpg]

Will post pics for them when they're fitted etc.

Also bought some goodies for Purdy while I was in skeggy on Monday. Now they might seem very strange to all of you but I love them!

More stickers!!! These are for the bonnet I think not sue yet lol [Image: 8AD573EF-94C4-4B05-80B9-F1031698A68E_zpsyns1kg1b.jpg]

Then I got this awesome backpack! Which will hang over the back of drivers seat and have a mini detailing kit in it! And it matches my tattoo! - I have all the members of kiss in a hello kitty style on my arm Big Grin [Image: B0F3D567-677A-494D-BA0C-4B1313ECFB09_zpsyukoiqd9.jpg]

And finally got this...... It's another bag lol but I'll be using it for display purposes I think and keep a small tool kit in it.[Image: 5B0747AF-E280-4607-B155-BD557D02B3F3_zps4padepdp.jpg]

There's more to come but some of its a secret Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So I've nearly got the alloys finished! 2 more left to do. They've been baking In the sun the last hour. They're also pink inside!

Just need to pick up a tin of white to help pink stand out on last 2 alloys then hopefully have tyres fitted by Thursday.
[Image: jy3ahudy.jpg][Image: 2aqeqy3e.jpg]

Finished the front of with some VW black diamond pearlescent I had left from working on my sisters old golf GTI.

So they abit more pearly lol
Thanks given by:
More progress today!

Got my plates put on the bumpers. [Image: 823F765E-C29A-49E8-8E43-055A0AE00470_zpsqns2ioze.jpg]

[Image: FB27F4B4-4369-4BA1-A620-7775D2452909_zpsjhdwnxor.jpg]

Hopefully the front one will stay on as I'm always bloody loosing it!
Thanks given by:
Love this project, it's absolutely mental! Front bumper needs more stickers though dude, if you're going to sticker bomb, you need to cover up ALL the paint. Love the headlights though!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdy! (HDi Estate) Aaron35 34 8,486 14-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo