WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
Slight update....me, phill and my little girls made the long journey to Stoke-on-Trent this week, and about half hour into the 4 hour journey, my Dpf decided to become detached from the rest of the exhaust system. Nice.

Now being so far from home, with almost no tools, after ATTEMPTING to fit my shiny new decat section myself and failing dismally, I took the car to a local garage (with a drive on ramp, the first garage couldn't get the car on their ramps....too low or some shit lol ) and had them fit the new pipe for me.

Cue the naffing great streak of coal on the road as i left the garage:

And the cloud left behind me when I gave it some loving in second:

BecauseDiesel lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm just gonna dig this thread up again purely to say i cannot believe how much difference the decat has made! I LOVE IT! Big Grin

That is all. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Whistly, isn't it? Smile
Thanks given by:
Not sure, can't hear it over the turbo. lol
Thanks given by:
Loving the coal situation haha
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Also loving the coal dude, its the way it should be Smile
Thanks given by:
It was pretty damn epic tbh, never seen anything like it before! Can only imagine what the driver behind me must have thought! lmao
Thanks given by:
"BRAKE!!!"
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 07:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: "BRAKE!!!"

Ha ha, yeah that's probably not far from the truth actually! Either that or "f*ck me, that cars broken!" Rofl
Thanks given by:
epic!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Had a little bump yesterday morning, rolled into the back of a transit at a set of traffic lights. Doh

Basically, glanced away from the road for a moment, and in that time, the van stopped and i didnt. Shit happens. The guys in the van were perfectly sound blokes, and said if it'd been their own van, they wouldnt have been worried about it, but because it belonged to a company, they'd take my insurance details anyway to be on the safe side. Fair enough. ThumbsUp

No major damage done to either vehicle...slight reshaping of the vans bumper, and just the badge and the bracket that holds the grill to the slam panel on mine.

[Image: 20130916_082721_zpsec8e0555.jpg]

Already fixed the grill bracket, been too lazy so far to put it back on the car yet though! lol Badge has also been glued back together and just needs a quick respray before i can return the car to its original state. Big Grin

Nothing else is really happening at the moment, as i'm jobless and penniless. Clutch desperately needs doing though, so might have to see if i can persuade one of my family to lend me some more money! Sad Unless anyone on here fancies donating of course, pm me for paypal details! lmao

So yeah, thats it for now...nothing special. Tongue

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i consider myself very lucky that the van didnt have one of those chuffing great steps on the back, or a towbar, etc. Could have been a hell of a lot worse! Although that would have been a perfect excuse for a ph3 bumper. Wink
Thanks given by:
Ace cafe next month?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll have to see what my situation is like a bit closer to the time mate, why?
Thanks given by:
Bad luck with the van there dude, these things always happen at the worst possible time. Confused Fingers crossed you never hear anything, eh!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That amount of coal is epic. Blatanly a shit setup that isnt running aswell as t could be but who cares!?? BECAUSEcoal. Oooh how i miss those days with the side exit Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 02:14 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'll have to see what my situation is like a bit closer to the time mate, why?

Dunno lol... Ill be there?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 02:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Bad luck with the van there dude, these things always happen at the worst possible time. Confused Fingers crossed you never hear anything, eh!

I actually rang the company, and they said they're not going to bother going through the insurance, as there's so little damage to the van, so that's good news! Wink

(17-09-2013, 02:46 PM)puglove Wrote: That amount of coal is epic. Blatanly a shit setup that isnt running aswell as t could be but who cares!?? BECAUSEcoal. Oooh how i miss those days with the side exit Sad

Not a shit setup, fresh decat. That amount of coal wore off by the next day.
Thanks given by:
A coked up exhaust, mine was black but clean after a few blasts Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
good luck there with the van.
hope ya get ya clutch sorted soon Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As some of you may have already seen on Faceache, i'm currently F*CKING RAGING! AngryAngryAngryCensoredCensoredCensored

Since parking the car on my driveway last night, here (excuse the quick shot out the window, and i was facing the other way last night)...

[Image: DSC03352_zps633ef538.jpg]

...some little scrotum decided it'd be funny to come right into the drive, and run their key down the passenger side. TWICE!!!

[Image: DSC03347_zpsee5f4dbc.jpg]

[Image: DSC03340_zpsba68ffb9.jpg]

[Image: DSC03342_zps850798dd.jpg]

[Image: DSC03343_zpse902eb37.jpg]

[Image: DSC03351_zpse6239cdf.jpg]

Wing is not great, front door could be largely salvagable, rear door has a nasty deep bit in the middle of the top scratch, and the rear quarter and boot are well through the lacquer.

Just what i needed right at the moment.... Nospeak
Thanks given by:
That's a shitter mate, new panels or will you touch up?

Thanks given by:
Well both Niall and Curt have already offered a hand in trying to touch it up best we can, cant really afford a proper respray, or even new panels tbh. Sad
Thanks given by:
Horrible little bastards, hope you catch them mate!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 06:05 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Well both Niall and Curt have already offered a hand in trying to touch it up best we can, cant really afford a proper respray, or even new panels tbh. Sad

Horrible little lady gardens, catch them and take apart their bmx's and throw the parts in the bin...that will teach them lol

Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 06:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: Horrible little bastards, hope you catch them mate!

Doubtful, probably some little chavling with a skinful, spotted a nice car, and thought it'd be a laugh. Lady garden.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 04:02 PM)Curt Wrote: Whistly, isn't it? Smile

I "refiltered" the car today, and I can confirm it is pretty whistly! lol

Sounds good though, even got that sort of deep sucky (giggidy) induction sound as well. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If you can feel the scratch no chance in compounding it out. Wet sanding it will more than likely improve it. Just don't use a touch up pen itl look shit false economy those things!

Other than that keep up the good work
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah, i dismissed the people that suggested the touch up pens instantly, takes just as much work to look half decent as it would to sand back and respray. And yeah, I can feel the scratch most of the way along. Sad

Cheers though! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You say that, but it is possible to hide a scratch quite well if you have enough patience...

[Image: 9360935126_c14b463c8a.jpg]
DSC_1745 by Curtis Footman, on Flickr

[Image: 9358145297_317f66fd55.jpg]
2013-07-24 16.49.49 by Curtis Footman, on Flickr

[Image: 9360922306_efcfa52066.jpg]
DSC_2336 by Curtis Footman, on Flickr

Obviously you are unfortunate in that you have a lot more to take care of, but it is possible to get half decent results and all it costs is time. I filled mine gradually, in layers, to the surface of the paint (took a fair while). Then flatted it back to make it level and polished it up. Could still be better than that...

It's when people just slap it on seemingly with their eyes closed, usually using the whole pot on a stone chip and not making sure it actually matches first, that it looks shit...

As I said on Facebook though, it's a shit situation mate Sad people are arseholes.
Thanks given by:
Know the feeling of getting your car keyed, mine wasnt quite that bad but bad enough. Cant believe they even walked onto your property as well! Real shame hope you can get some of it covered up
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 58,164 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard