WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
(30-03-2013, 08:42 PM)Niall Wrote: Looks good. Like the wheels!

Cheers, can't wait to get some rubber on my Ariannes now though!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks nice lowered well done! Now just to bosch and your set for a while
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Looks ace lowered! hope mine looks as good lol, How much have you lowered it by?

Thanks given by:
Only 60mm at the front so far, but the torsion bar will be lowered to match at some point soon. Looks so much better, and feels much more planted to the road as well, falling in love with it all over again! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
well done getting it done finally! needs to be lowered moaarrrr! And standard rear lights Wink
Thanks given by:
Well, since putting my new springs on, it transpired that the shocks and top mounts were shagged, so ash23 sold me a set to replace them. Thing is, the new springs came from an hdi, so she's now sitting even lower. ThumbsUp Big Grin

Unfortunately the new shocks haven't COMPLETELY solved the problem, it seems that the wishbone bushes are also farked, so i've STILL got knocky suspension. Sad Still, replacements shouldnt cost much more than £40 all in. Smile

Next thing on the list now, is to get the torsion bar lowered while i save up for the tyres for my Arianes. Anyone wanting to donate to the "Steve's empty pocket" fund, feel free to PM me for my paypal address. lmao

And the lights are staying for the time being Sam, i quite like them. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking of refurbing the Lasers some lairy colour while they're off for summer, what do people think of GITD Lasers on Diablo? lmao
Thanks given by:
bright green!!!!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just thought i'd stick a pic up of the car as it stands at the moment. Ignore the harriers, as soon as i can afford to wrap my Arianes, they're going. Heights looking good on the front, just need to lower the rear to suit now. Big Grin

[Image: 8C2B88FC-orig_zps3ba5fbaa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just realised i haven't updated this for a fecking age yet again! Doh

Not much has changed recently tbh, any work thats gone on has been kinda behind the scenes....unfortunately, due to losing a couple of jobs recently, i haven't been able to afford tyres for the Ariannes, and am now rolling on a full set of Harriers. Puke You may have seen the thread i put up recently about getting my 7 year old twin daughters to decorate them with permanent markers, havent got round to that either yet, but they're up for it! God knows what i'll end up with, i'm envisaging hearts and flowers and such like, but hey, they're shit wheels anyway, can't make 'em worse can i? lmao

Also been chasing an annoying knock since lowering the front. So far i've purchased a replacement set of struts, -60mm HDi springs (sits a bit lower than the xud counterparts, i wont complain! lol ) and top mounts from ash23, which helped, but didnt solve the knock. I've also replaced the wishbones on both sides, and despite the fact they were shagged, the knock persisted. I will be changing the ARB bushes this weekend as well as lowering the torsion bar to match the front. Fingers crossed we're right this time, i'm getting sick of the knocking now. Censored

Thats kind of it for now, other than a good clean before FCS, i MAY have the loan of a set of 17's from a mates euro'd 306 HDi estate for the show, but thats not been confirmed as yet. Hope i can borrow them, as his car is quite broken (ecu issues....he just wants to burn it now!), and anythings better than taking my car to a show with Harriers on! lol
Thanks given by:
So yet again I've failed with progress pictures, yesterday was such a huge rush in the end! Got the arb bushes changed quite quickly, no major problems encountered......still knocking though, so gonna change the droplink again, just to make sure. Should be done by fcs as long as I get paid! lol

The torsion bar was a bit more of a challenge though, but it ended up ~65mm lower bat the back than it was at the beginning of the day. However, we did end up snapping two separate bolts in the torsion bar on the passenger side, so we gave up with the slide hammer, and used slides brother sledge, coupled with more than our fair share of manpower and expletives! lmao

Last but not least, I gave the old girl a good wash today, and this is the final product:

[Image: 9u8ymyga.jpg]

[Image: u3a4u3ed.jpg]

Comments welcome! Big Grin

Not too sure what's up with my camera, doesn't seem to want to focus on the left for some reason. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Massive improvement mate. Looks so much better.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Harrier club ftw.
Thanks given by:
Looking good man!

Cleans up really smart!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 08:21 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Harrier club FTL.

Fixed that for you Tongue Cant stand the damn things!

Cheers kingy, im well chuffed with it, just want rid of the wheels now....my mate is definately lending me his 17s for the show, so i'll get some pics up as soon as they're on. Wink

(21-07-2013, 08:25 PM)Grant Wrote: Looking good man!

Cleans up really smart!

Diablo FTW Wink Does look good when its nice and clean. ThumbsUp

Just one last pic of it parked up in its usual spot on my driveway. Well happy. Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Ummm yeah .......... way to low , looked better before IMO sorry Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 09:03 PM)puglove Wrote: Ummm yeah .......... way to low , looked better before IMO sorry Sad

Wait what? Did i just hear you of all people say it was too low?!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 09:10 PM)Niall Wrote:
(21-07-2013, 09:03 PM)puglove Wrote: Ummm yeah .......... way to low , looked better before IMO sorry Sad

Its only -60mm! Nospeak

It was standard height beforehand!
Thanks given by:

In the sense that the the stance is all wrong, you would need the front slammed to pull that off, and as hes on springs that's not going to happen, therefore to low Tongue

And you know me no such thing as to low as long as the stance is right Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Was that a KrisB 60mm? So in reality more like 600mm?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 09:12 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:

Its only -60mm! Nospeak

It was standard height beforehand!

Still looked better mate, lower isn't better when the stance is wrong

Thanks given by:
Yeah sorry thats more than 60mm lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 09:14 PM)Grant Wrote: Was that a KrisB 60mm? So in reality more like 600mm?

Nah, that was me and a mate on my mums driveway. And the trailing arms sat 60mm higher when we finished, as per Darrens video guide, and it sits almost level, only about 5mm in it.
Thanks given by:
306's need a bit of front down rake to look right, but did you measure centre of wheel to arch before and after?

Thanks given by:
Yep, put a bit of tape on the arch, and measured from the top of the drum to the bottom of the arch both before and after. You could always raise it up a bit at FCS if it bothers you that much! Wink lol
Thanks given by:
Ill do it for you! It won't in any way resemble a blunt object wedged between your bumpstops. Honest!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 09:36 PM)Grant Wrote: Ill do it for you! It won't in any way resemble a blunt object wedged between your bumpstops. Honest!

lmao If its all the same mate, i think i'll pass on that one! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well screw you then! Don't come crying to me when your tyres are scrubbed more than the underside of a 90 year olds tits!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 09:34 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Yep, put a bit of tape on the arch, and measured from the top of the drum to the bottom of the arch both before and after. You could always raise it up a bit at FCS if it bothers you that much! Wink lol

That's unweighted though, weighted I bet its dropped more, happens on all the cars iv done , I aways do it 10mm less than what im looking for as the final product, and then its there abouts, maybe a little lower than what I aimed for,

but yeah good effort but personally id rasing a little or lowering the front abit more, just my personal opinion though, Smile

Thanks given by:
I might raise the back a little at some point, but for now, im just gonna empty all the rubbish thats in the boot, as its kinda rammed full of stuff at the moment. We'll see how much difference that makes Wink

...and considering it was the first time me or my mate had ever done anything with torsion bars, i think we did quite well. Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 58,411 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard