The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap
(05-01-2013, 10:43 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: That old pic of your previous sedan only highlights how bad this one needs a boot spoiler!
Yeah definitely. I have one sitting in the garage, just need to find the motivation to paint it. Cant wait to get it fitted (along with the smooth grille and other bits I need painting)

(05-01-2013, 12:09 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ^^^^ this, out of interest is the spoiler on your old sedan from a peugeot 405?
Yep pug 405 saloon.
Thanks given by:
looks good...but its going to lose its sleeper surprise a bit with a spoiler and grill modded
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2013, 11:03 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: looks good...but its going to lose its sleeper surprise a bit with a spoiler and grill modded

Nah i dont think so, already had a few people confuse it for a 405 so a 405 spoiler wont hurt and it already has a smoothed bonnet so the smoothed grille will make it look more complete and less of a project.
Thanks given by:
hope you do the 70 mm drop mate. would look awsome. look even better with my wheels wink.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 10:11 AM)kingy Wrote: hope you do the 70 mm drop mate. would look awsome. look even better with my wheels wink.
Cheers mate. Not a chance on aftermarket wheels. I really dont think aftermarket wheels would suit the sedan. OEM FTMFW especially for a sleeper.

Got a scrap T2 out and the GT2359V to start trying to fit the T2s boost actuator, turns out it didnt come with one so that puts that idea to bed. The front of the GT23 was absolutely shit high. Measured it up, its a M10x1.0 oil feed and a 38mm bolt spacing drain.

Pics, T2 on the right.

Thanks given by:
So although I have no actuator to test Ive "built" up my actuator test rig.

Basically its an old tyre valve jammed inside a length of poly pipe that I can then connect up to a hand pump and Ive got a good one as I used to race at a national level so I trust its gauge.

It is boost tight now (needed superglue on the brass) and holds pressure so if I pump it up to 30psi it stays at 30psi.

Ive used it to test my boost gauge that alot of us (myself included) thought was under reading as was only peaking at 18psi and after testing it would appear to actually possibly be over reading. The boost gauge shows 32psi with the pump sat spot on 30psi
Thanks given by:
Nice simple idea there, good thinking!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's making me consider a similar setup to test the GT before it goes on. Presume it can be used to test MBC's too? Like to check the trigger PSI?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 04:48 PM)Ben Wrote: Nice simple idea there, good thinking!
Cheers mate.
Could probably also use it to test for boost leaks if you plugged the inlet to the turbo and the top of the manifold.

(06-01-2013, 04:49 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Yeah it's making me consider a similar setup to test the GT before it goes on. Presume it can be used to test MBC's too? Like to check the trigger PSI?

Yeah could be mate, thats one of my plans for it is to set my MBC precisely.
So ridiculously easy to make.
Thanks given by:
40mm is fine any lower and it won't be a sleeper people will expect it to move faster cause it's extra low
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
You just stripped the rubber off an old tyre valve then aye?

That's the main thing i'm uneasy about with the new setup, not knowing what the trigger psi's are and having to set it really conservative for first run. I predict epic coal for the first few runs lol

MBC is located up by the top engine mount so not too much of a fiddle thankfully, f*ck tuning it off the wastegate though in this cold and damp weather

(06-01-2013, 04:56 PM)Kwik Wrote: 40mm is fine any lower and it won't be a sleeper people will expect it to move faster cause it's extra low

See there's the common misunderstanding, low cars are SLOWER ninja
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 04:57 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 04:56 PM)Kwik Wrote: 40mm is fine any lower and it won't be a sleeper people will expect it to move faster cause it's extra low

See there's the common misunderstanding, low cars are SLOWER ninja

Over speedbumps i'll agree lol :p
Thanks given by:
really cant wait to see your VNT control...theres a guy who has posted quite a bit on the net who has refined a combined mechanical/boost actuated vnt control...very clever
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's always been the way forward for controlling a VNT mechanically. The problem is calculating springrates to get it working properly.
Thanks given by:
Nah TBH most people just assume shit looking old cars that are low are broken, especially on steels and blowing coal.

(06-01-2013, 04:57 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: You just stripped the rubber off an old tyre valve then aye?

That's the main thing i'm uneasy about with the new setup, not knowing what the trigger psi's are and having to set it really conservative for first run. I predict epic coal for the first few runs lol

MBC is located up by the top engine mount so not too much of a fiddle thankfully, f*ck tuning it off the wastegate though in this cold and damp weather

Yeah I used one off the bike as they use a thinner rubber by the looks of it.
Cut most of the rubber off with an Irwin knife then finished it off with a file.
Softened the end of the poly in a cup of boiling water, had to expand it with a bradle then push it over the end of the valve.

(06-01-2013, 05:12 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: really cant wait to see your VNT control...theres a guy who has posted quite a bit on the net who has refined a combined mechanical/boost actuated vnt control...very clever
My VNT control is gonna be alot like me, simple and effective.
After speaking to Ruan theres no way im attempting electric and TBH I understand some of the reasons why you want the vanes open at idle but alot of it is about making sure the vanes get moved alot so they dont coke up but Im pretty confident I can hit full boost every time I drive the car so I aint gonna have that worry.

Have been discussing it with Max a bit as he has a very similar VNT for his car.

(06-01-2013, 05:13 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: That's always been the way forward for controlling a VNT mechanically. The problem is calculating springrates to get it working properly.
Agreed, I dont see the point in having all the glory's of mechanical injection only to add electrics to it.
Thanks given by:
lol! I try to run as clean a tune as possible coaling is old hat now lol
Thanks given by:
Sounds about right. I struggle to get my pvc hose over the MBC, think it's 3.2mm ID so you have to stretch it for ages before it'll go on, then if you arent quick it tightens around a barb and has to come off again lmao

Should probably pick up some 4mm stuff actually and redo my MBC line, it's oiled up to f*ck and I'm not sure if it actually works at the mo
Thanks given by:
I think the shaft of the valve is 5mm or 6mm (the screw thread is about 8mm but appears to be an imperial thread) I dont know if Ive got 3.2mm or 4mm but it was a tight fit.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I think the PVC tube I can get is 4.5mm? Either way, 3.2 is FAR too small.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 05:44 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Tbh I think the PVC tube I can get is 4.5mm? Either way, 3.2 is FAR too small.

Wont matter if you superglue/araldite/epoxy it on to the valve.
Thanks given by:
It's more for fitting the MBC i'm concerned. Don't want it popping off under boostz. Cable tie should do it, the joiners are barbed anyway
Thanks given by:
or a mini jubilee clip, had to use them on the beemer as it was blowing them off. Poly pipe pops at about 35psi though. Got a piece with a massive hole blown in it sitting pinned to the wall in front of me.
Thanks given by:
hope you show us your vnt system and results!

and by the way...the guy I was speaking about didnt use electronics, a combino of mechanical and boost control...but it made it very variable, very clever
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 10:05 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: hope you show us your vnt system and results!

and by the way...the guy I was speaking about didnt use electronics, a combino of mechanical and boost control...but it made it very variable, very clever

It only takes 5 minutes to find his build thread. But my point is you can't just throw on a boost actuator and a mechanical linkage. You need to either calculate spring rates or trial and error with actuator assistors...
Thanks given by:
I do believe he has done that though...if we talking abt the same guy....

I think VNTs are beyond my pea sized brain anyhow....best of luck!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And guess where dum found his spoiler?

Sat in the back of my Le-mans, originally it was off my 405 but i upgraded to the bigger spoiler from the Le-mans.

Needs mega-lows, even that -70mm shop (which is actually about 50mm, beleive me, seen 'nuff) isn't low enough.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Firstly, Ive got alot of parts needing or gonna be needing paint soon, what do you all think to matte white? (the same paint as pompey marks first spray job he did himself). Does anyone have a workshop/garage/marquee that i could use for painting.

Secondly Ive started on the ICE. These arent getting fitted till Ive got the rear windows tinted cos otherwise theyll go missing. Think Im gonna get the fronts to match.

Thanks given by:
Can use my garage bud, will need to make some space first though lol. I've already got sheets and a stand and stuff.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
carnt go wrong with the vibe stuff. middle of the road. might be worth spending a little more on some components up front . all depends on your prefrence.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dum sack of the 6x9's your better then that lol.

Focal's is the way forward you heard mine and nialls why you slacking hard?

And round speakers sound better then ovals fact...........
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 306 project PH2 Sedan XLDT! DougalDT 31 6,001 24-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: DougalDT
  Bianca Sedan was Dragoon DTurbo Lolben91 55 12,720 24-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 341,551 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum