Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Surely tracking is the cause of pulling you though..? I don't see what else would, my tracking is so far out that if you were to let go of the steering wheel you would very quickly find yourself in the nearest hedge.
Thanks given by:
not always vaughn. Could be badly worn tyre from previous bad tracking, sticking calliper (thats what mine is doing at the moment) or something bent.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 09:47 PM)Niall Wrote: not always vaughn. Could be badly worn tyre from previous bad tracking, sticking calliper (thats what mine is doing at the moment) or something bent.

Hm okay, I guess those are valid too! Brake cleaner will solve the calliper, or at least it did for me.
Thanks given by:
nah this calliper is properly wrecked. its wrecked a set of pads in 1k. needs a new calliper and discs and pads
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 09:50 PM)Niall Wrote: nah this calliper is properly wrecked. its wrecked a set of pads in 1k. needs a new calliper and discs and pads

Sucks to be youuuuu!
Are you bringing it tomorrow?

/hijack Ed's thread.
Thanks given by:
Just swap it for Scott's? He'll never know as you bought the same car and put the same wheels on.

/Troll
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 09:51 PM)vlj Wrote:
(06-09-2012, 09:50 PM)Niall Wrote: nah this calliper is properly wrecked. its wrecked a set of pads in 1k. needs a new calliper and discs and pads

Sucks to be youuuuu!
Are you bringing it tomorrow?

/hijack Ed's thread.

Nah. Will be in the silver weapon. I'm taking Scott and Kim down with me.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 10:26 PM)Curt Wrote: Just swap it for Scott's? He'll never know as you bought the same car and put the same wheels on.

/Troll
lol

ninja Oh look my car has acquired some gaz coilovers
Thanks given by:
ffs! lol

it's not pulling at all Vaughan, it tracks straight, it pulls a bit over cambered road surfaces/lines etc imo cause Of the topmounts and the low profile tyres but feel free to correct me here.

The clonk doesn't happen under braking, only turning...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 07:01 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: ffs! lol

it's not pulling at all Vaughan, it tracks straight, it pulls a bit over cambered road surfaces/lines etc imo cause Of the topmounts and the low profile tyres but feel free to correct me here.

The clonk doesn't happen under braking, only turning...

haha sorry I just reread your post I thought you said it was pulling. ma baaaaaad!
Thanks given by:
Ed your a liar. You've titled this thread eds minty (fully working).
2 things. Firstly, does your aircon work? Didn't think so...there for the title should be eds minty (sort of working)
Secondly, I can confirm it does not smell or taste of mint
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 10:26 PM)Curt Wrote: Just swap it for Scott's? He'll never know as you bought the same car and put the same wheels on.

/Troll

lmao flol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 09:10 AM)Niall Wrote: Ed your a liar. You've titled this thread eds minty (fully working).
2 things. Firstly, does your aircon work? Didn't think so...there for the title should be eds minty (sort of working)

Must....resist....increasing....warning....level.....for......troll......
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 09:41 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 09:10 AM)Niall Wrote: Ed your a liar. You've titled this thread eds minty (fully working).

Must....resist....increasing....warning....level.....for......troll......

Go on I dare ya. And then see how much real life trolling happens over the coming weeks!
Anyway it's not trolling. Just stating the 100% true facts
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Keep on topic you big gaylord!
Thanks given by:
i would say drive shaft if its knocking on and off at full lock. with out hearing or seeing I am guessing.....

an yeah so now its knock knock not tap tap?

Thanks given by:
Even trolling from jimmy.... Haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 11:04 AM)Jimmyboycheck Wrote: i would say drive shaft if its knocking on and off at full lock. with out hearing or seeing I am guessing.....

an yeah so now its knock knock not tap tap?

FUUUUU!! Tongue
yeah it's near full lock, damn thats annoying, driveshafts are a cnut IIRC... SadStill, mightaswell do my lower engine mount at the same time seeing as the lot will be out... I've been meaning to do the gearbox oil too, so another excuse! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Meh, driveshafts aren't that bad a job! I've done them like three times now, happy to lend a hand
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Are you sure it's a knocking and not more of a mellow tapping?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
You mean furious tapping?

Thanks given by:
No mate, that is what I'm gonna be doing to eds arse later on...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I want to join in Sad

Thanks given by:
Mine is doing the same clunking Ed.... Been driving me mad for 3 weeks now! Just presumed it would be drive shaft/shafts... Bloody get everything else sorted, then this happens! Sad pfft...
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can I just point out, your title says fully working. It's not. The air con doesn't work therefore this is a false representation of a fully working gti. Please edit this now.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Thanks for that Niall Rolleyes Yours still may not be though Tongue we'll see when you finally get round to regassing it! Mind I doubt you'll be doing that for a while now with the weather being so shit!!

Small update;

I, Mr. #redlineateveryopportunity #spendsmoretimeonwrongsideoftheroadovertakingeverythingonthewaytowork --Doe have officially managed 375miles from 51litres!!! This is NUTS on my commute in general, it's all windy twisty A-roads, dotted along with little villages, and plenty of up and down hills, so I spend a lot of time up and down the gears, accelerating and decelerating, even when I'm behaving myself. It's also only 17miles or so, so a lot of that is spent on the heat-up cycle, when the engine is less efficient too, so I'm pretty chuffed with that figure!! Using my regular calculator http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php that works out as a shade over 33mpg, which for me is incredible Tongue (remember on the same commute earlier in the summer when I was only using the car for sunny days I was averaging something like 23mpg.....!!!

I think this weekend I'll be swapping the stock airbox on and raising the ride height, copper slipping up the coilover threads, softening the damping rates right up and popping the clones back on for the winter months! Hopefully I'll get some photos over the weekend if I remember Smile
Thanks given by:
That's a lot more than I Ever get! I'd be pleased with 23mpg tbh!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
feeling smug i got 39mpg on the way to fcs Big Grin

and how do you know mine doesnt work?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 08:32 PM)Niall Wrote: feeling smug i got 39mpg on the way to fcs Big Grin

and how do you know mine doesnt work?

Cause you've not regassed it, so there's still no gas from when you swapped to your new pipe?
Thanks given by:
how do you know ive not regassed it?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,987 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 136,595 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle