orange lights for day running lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orange lights for day running lights
Got side tracked from the twin turbo project lol and ended up doing this hard to see the orange in the pic BT they are orange lol

[attachment=20237][attachment=20236][attachment=20235][attachment=20234][attachment=20233]
Thanks given by:
I would think those are illegal?!

Only white-yellow colour range permitted front facing other than turning indicator bulbs iirc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 09:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: I would think those are illegal?!

Only white-yellow colour range permitted front facing other than turning indicator bulbs iirc

He but I can just switch them of for mot or take them out lol
Thanks given by:
So....
Whats the point?!

I assume they come on with ignition and switch off with headlights(or dim?)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Does seem a little pointless to me, also must obscure the light from your indicators?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No have a switch in the glove box for it we'll I like them lol they look better in the flesh lol the pics don't do it any justice :-)
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, if you like them, thats what counts at the end of the day i suppose.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol yep
Thanks given by:
I still dont get the point of them?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure sidelights being amber is a grey area. We've had the discussion at work regarding out roof marker lights when we ran out of white 501 bulbs and one of the supervisors decided to replace with amber ones. I tried to find a specific law (road traffic act) but all I found were mot guidelines which are a legal standard (unless vehicle was standard with yellow running lights) I believe it just brings attention to the car by those who would scrutinise it (police) as Id believe they'd treat it the same as running blue sidelights.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 11:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: I still dont get the point of them?!

If ur at a car show ya can just switch the lights off and put these on for show lol its just a little thing I though I would try seen sum phase 1 306s on here with them sum people like them sum don't lol but if yous could see the orange use might like them coz in the photos they just look white ;-)
Thanks given by:
Orange sides look nice on most cars, what about e60 bm's, they have orange running lights as standard.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2014, 12:22 AM)ConorTRG Wrote: Orange sides look nice on most cars, what about e60 bm's, they have orange running lights as standard.

Ye the volvo s60 dose to lol
Thanks given by:
Seen afew cars do this round my way, going for the USDM vibe I guess...personally I think its looks pretty good on the right car.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I ran them on my passat for a bit of a USDM look.

As said it's a very grey area. My moter passed them but the guy I sold the car to had a fail.

I'm not sure the look suits the 306 though.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
My V50 has them, more as side markers tbh, but they're tiny and not bright at all... I. E. You couldn't possibly mistake them for indicators...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mondeo speedo lights pug306driver 2 1,050 20-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  So my orange cabby is up for sale again.. Jonny81191 14 1,622 15-12-2015, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  LED lights... toseland 6 1,076 24-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin