gti spoiler fitting...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti spoiler fitting...
So got me a spoiler...been ready to fit all winter just couldnt be bothered...

Got me some tiger seal.

Do folks just wack tiger seal on and hold it in place with masking tape till its gone off?

Do you all leave the foam strip on there or remove that?

I note theres two holes for screws but that would require me drilling holes in the boot....worth doing?

Tah
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Put two short screws into the holes on the spoiler.. put tipex or similar onto the heads of the screws line the spoiler up on the tailgate.. it will leave tip ex marks where you need to drill..

That or just tiger seal it on and hold with tape until it dries.. don't use to much tho as it will come out the sides and onto the glass.

Thanks given by:
If you get any Tiger Seal overspill then clean it up before it sets! This stuff is a real bastard to remove - which is a good thing, I guess!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Id try an find something other than tiger seal. It takes to long to set and you would need good strong tape to hold the spoiler in place, ive had to use ratchet straps to hold on parts ive stuck on with tiger seal until it set.
Thanks given by:
Clear silicon works well
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I drilled the bootlid and bolted mine on....it's not gonna fall off lol. Though you do have to be pretty accurate with the holes....or just make them a bit bigger when you realise ones slightly off. lol
Thanks given by:
How are they fitted as standard btw? Just 2 bolts? Or are the ends stuck down with anything?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Seems to be just 2 T20 bolts, but I reckon the sealing foam on the back is sticky to start with as well.
Thanks given by:
Ahh ive never had a ph3 spoiler off before, might whip mime off at some point and get it fitted properly
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting Phase 3 Spoiler philpemberton94 6 1,401 28-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  Spoiler fitting kentiiboii 13 2,478 16-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Fitting a rear spoiler... (Pics inside) silestanix 15 11,574 08-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Last Post: maxlee