gt2052v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gt2052v
Found a gt2052v on the bay an was wondering if this was the right one for th 1.9 td.
Its from a volvo v70 any ideas people and do i need a adapter plate.
Thanks given by:
pretty good turbo pal how much? and it will need adaptor plates but totally worth it! oh and youll want an oil feed
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Short answer is no
Long answer is its perfect turbo BUT its a VNT turbo and you will need to figure the geometry for the vanes and find a way to control them. There are a few threads about talking about VNT control and Ruan has actually done it. With some searching you'll find he has given some valuable info but there isn't much in the way of a "guide" as such. Dum dum and max Tait are currently working on vent controlled too
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The easy and proven option is a TD04l off a subaru impreza. Have a look through the XUD section and there's loads of ideas and info. But if you can get your head around VNT control then get the GT strapped on!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Moved to correct section Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeh steer away from VNT's; soooo hard to control and get working on an XUD
Go with a TD04, seems to be the rave!

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 10:23 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Yeh steer away from VNT's; soooo hard to control and get working on an XUD

Popcorn

I always thought the non-VNT 2052&2056 were better suited for the XUD than TD04's, they just became more popular?
Thanks given by:
A non VNT 2052 or 2056 should be good but controlling the VNT properly is a major headache and very few people have done it well on a mechanicaly injected diesel.

Oh and yes I am working on fitting a VNT to mine, its a GT2359V and Ive got something planned but I have no idea if itll actually work well.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 10:23 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Yeh steer away from VNT's; soooo hard to control and get working on an XUD

Popcorn

Considering you don't have an XUD9 atm, you're always pushing people to get TD04s and not get any other turbo...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 11:59 AM)Ruan Wrote:

Popcorn

Considering you don't have an XUD9 atm, you're always pushing people to get TD04s and not get any other turbo...

Continue......

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Surely the lag on a non-vnt GT20 would be awful? Plenty of top end I agree, but bottom end wouldn't you always be waiting for boost?

Maybe thats just me as I absolutely hate turbo lag but imo, if you can strap a VNT on and be able to control it properly thats gonna be the much better option!
Thanks given by:
Just run the VNT, unless ur doing mega miles control isnt needed, and even then, id rather just have a vnt with vane override button for cruising than run a non vnt
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 12:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Surely the lag on a non-vnt GT20 would be awful? Plenty of top end I agree, but bottom end wouldn't you always be waiting for boost?

Maybe thats just me as I absolutely hate turbo lag but imo, if you can strap a VNT on and be able to control it properly thats gonna be the much better option!

Actually the lag is pretty Non existent
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 12:10 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(19-01-2013, 11:59 AM)Ruan Wrote:

Popcorn

Continue......

Popcorn

Im gonna stick that f*cking popcorn smiley up your f*cking arse the next time I see you.

Im gonna start giving you warnings for over use of that smiley. You have been warned.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 12:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Surely the lag on a non-vnt GT20 would be awful? Plenty of top end I agree, but bottom end wouldn't you always be waiting for boost?

Have you actually looked at the maps for the turbo? Or are you just making stuff up lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Lag? What lag?

I know two people with modern GT20's and neither of us seem to have issues with lag lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If VNT's are going to be the new craze then I'm getting off this forum before all the "my car boosts at 30psi when cruising how do I stop it" or "my heads lifted from surging" threads start appearing! ninja
Theres alot to learn about VNT control trust me and none of it's going to be handed to you on a plate so unless your really willing to put alot of time into it then don't bother as it will feck up your car.
Stick with TD04's people TMI
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 08:02 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Stick with TD04's people TMI

Yes, stick with td04's.

And keep your XUD9's out of 205's too ninja
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 08:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(19-01-2013, 08:02 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Stick with TD04's people TMI

Yes, stick with td04's.

And keep your XUD9's out of 205's too ninja

lmao
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I suppose all you need to know about VNTs is;

There are NO XUDs* on THIS FORUM on the road running a VNT turbo!

Quite scary when you see all the talk about them.

*That I am aware of
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 08:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I suppose all you need to know about VNTs is;

*That I am aware of

There may or may not be one sooner than you think, but maybe not. I'm saying nothin'...
Thanks given by:
^^^ Planning your next turbo already?

I know max is quite far along the way to doing it, hes just head scratching over control
Thanks given by:
Yeah, not Max. And i'm happy without the complicated stuff, not planning on changing any time soon.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 08:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I suppose all you need to know about VNTs is;

Your point being?

:/
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 09:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: Your point being?

My point being that anyone who has fitted one has broken their car and anyone who has one but hasnt fitted it is currently head scratching.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 09:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: anyone who has one but hasnt fitted it is currently head scratching.

Yeah, but not because of VNT control ninja
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 09:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(19-01-2013, 09:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: Your point being?

My point being that anyone who has fitted one has broken their car and anyone who has one but hasnt fitted it is currently head scratching.

Still not much of a point really?

Yes, I broke my car because I kept lifting the head, then due to the fact I used the stock boost hose, I snapped the backplate off the compressor housing since the boost hose was too long and placed stress on the compressor housing - over time, causing it eventually to snap...

Anything can be done with a bit of head scratching, as said, WHY aren't people using the FREELY AVAILABLE software for VNT control that some bloke has put out there!!! Using completely easily available parts from scrap yards - he's managed to get past the problems I had and put the code out for free...

And other than the fact the code isn't the cleanest, it's damned good and works perfectly, I've tried it...
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 10:20 PM)Ruan Wrote: WHY aren't people using the FREELY AVAILABLE software for VNT control that some bloke has put out there!!! Using completely easily available parts from scrap yards - he's managed to get past the problems I had and put the code out for free...
Possibly the fact that all the people Ive spoken to it that have used it are electronics experts and say it rarely worked as it was supposed to.
Thanks given by:
Who've you spoken to!?

It works absolutely as intended...

Judging by the fact the guy has reverse engineered a VP37 Injection Pump and has an Arduino running a VP37 happily, I'd guess he has a reasonable idea of how to write software for automotive applications!!!
Thanks given by:
Mine was running perfectly on the VNT, it was running perfectly until the day i removed the engine for headwork...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GT2052V & TD04 Oil Feed Thread silverzx 7 2,829 18-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Tom