FOR SWAP: Diablo 306 GTI-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FOR SWAP: Diablo 306 GTI-6
Just seeing if there would be any interest in a swap for my Phase 2 Diablo GTi-6.

Head gasket has recently gone on her, she stills starts and drives fine, only issue being no heater and starts to overheat if sat in heavy traffic or at idle, but temp comes back down when you get moving again, and can run quite cold on motorway etc especially at this time of year (under 80 degrees).

There is tax until March and MOT until August/September 2013.

It was lowered by the previous owner, about 40mm at the front and 60mm at the back, however I do not know what make the springs at the front are.

Only other modification is a Pipercross Viper carbon fibre enclosed induction kit, which sounds absolutely glorious! I fitted Rallye fog blanks at the front, and planned on fitting a cold air feed but never got round to it. I have the air feed to go with the car so you could fit this if you wanted.

Gearbox failed in October 2012 due to oil leaking from driveshaft seal which I didn't see! So I sourced another good gearbox, and fitted this along with a brand new clutch kit, new gearbox oil, pair of replacement driveshafts with brand new seals, bearings and CV boots. Gear change is lovely.

Back in September I had a set of Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 tyres fitted all round, phenomenal tyres! These have plenty of life left in them, and I also had both track rod ends replaced and the tracking done at the same time.

Apart from the above points I have mentioned, she is standard. Photos are a couple of months old, and the tinted windows have now been removed.

I would love to keep her to replace the engine and then use her as a track car, but realistically I do not have the time and certainly not the space to keep her at the moment.

Bearing in mind the head gasket needs replacing, I am putting up a price of £650, but I'm not really looking for a cash sale.

I need a car to commute to work in each day so I can't afford to go without a car, therefore I am ideally looking for a swap.

Maybe somebody with a bit more time on their hands would want her as a project, or to put another engine in her and use as a daily or even a track car. She drives lovely otherwise and I will miss her!

If you have anything that might be of interest then let me know, would ideally like a 306 DT, but feel free to throw anything at me, you never know!

I just need something I can use to get me to and from work for the next 6-9 months before I can afford to start looking for another GTi-6, but in the mean time I don't want to keep running her knowing the head gasket has gone.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers
Ash - 07875 396600

[Image: 20120821_084510.jpg]

[Image: 20120821_084459.jpg]

[Image: 20120821_084431.jpg]

[Image: 20120821_084416.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0021.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0022.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0023.jpg]
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
Tempted to buy because I miss my diablo...!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ecosse? :p

Thanks given by:
eeeerm, 1.6.

see sig.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 07:13 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Tempted to buy because I miss my diablo...!

Nothing like a Diablo for me! Will miss her so much when she goes.

(15-01-2013, 07:19 PM)kingy Wrote: eeeerm, 1.6.

see sig.

Could be interested in a 1.6 yes, send any details etc if you are interested.

Cheers
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
HHMMM could be a good swap for you kingy :/

Whats the mileage Dude?

swap for sigma DT ninja

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Swap for a Volvo v70 2.5T estate?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 07:38 PM)puglove Wrote: HHMMM could be a good swap for you kingy :/

Whats the mileage Dude?

swap for sigma DT ninja

Mileage is about 88,000 from memory but I'll double check in the morning.

Preferably looking for a DT and always wanted a Sigma so I would be interested in that, let me know details if interested.

(15-01-2013, 07:45 PM)samass Wrote: Swap for a Volvo v70 2.5T estate?

Could be interested, again PM details and do you have any pics?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Sold.

Cheers guys.
Thanks given by:
bollox to ya then.
Thanks given by:
Sorry fella!

I wanted a DT preferably, and saw the Sigma which just come up on this forum, and someone offered me a cash deal the other day which meant I could go get the Sigma DT!

Otherwise I would have done the deal with you.
Thanks given by:
only joking fella. tbt i would have found it hard to say goodbye to mine.
Thanks given by:
No worries bud ThumbsUp

And yes yours is a nice car, get that rear dent removed and you're onto a winner!

Though I will say, drive a 6 and you'll get hooked Big Grin
Thanks given by:
post removed.
Thanks given by:
Read the thread Sam...
Thanks given by:
The car has sold, therefore Thread Closed.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by: