205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more
Its about time i put up a project thread of my 205 bought it for £250 no tax or mot.
here she is

its not in bad condition no major rust or laquer peel looks like a good base start although it does need a patch welding in in the boot.

I bought this little beauty the other day

Then i took a little trip down o see dan and get the gov mod and lda grind on the pump. Then i thought that if i am going to tune this it would be a good idea to buy a boost guage

I have bought a 1.9 engine and gearbox and that should be here in the next few days will get some pics when it gets here i also have some coilovers,droplinks and track rod ends to go on when i put the 1.9 in.

hope you guys like.
Thanks given by:
This could be interesting Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hopefully alot should be happening in a short space of time the engine i have got comming has a k14 turbo on so hopefully ill have a td04 to go on aswell the coilovers are off of the cti i have so i need to swap that back. Maybe even take the gti kit off of it aswell and put on this. But most likely sell the cti now.
Thanks given by:
Plans sound good.
Like the colour and should be ban interesting read :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is more like it Big Grin this is so much win compared to the cti!

Rsndomness: was it you that i camped next to at fcs 09 had a china dt with morettes?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yes i did have a china wih morettes so was most probly me lol. what car was you in? I ended up breaking it because it caused more problems it was worth lol.

Yea the cti was alright but since my old china i wanted another xud and his came up and i couldnt refuse realy lol.
205+xud+big boost = epic winBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 04:20 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Yes i did have a china wih morettes so was most probly me lol. what car was you in? I ended up breaking it because it caused more problems it was worth lol.

Yea the cti was alright but since my old china i wanted another xud and his came up and i couldnt refuse realy lol.
205+xud+big boost = epic winBig Grin

I was in my nile DT at the time with angles, Ended up being jamma's 2.1 Thought it was you but wasnt sure lol

Thanks given by:
Yea i think i remember you now mate lol. was a few years ago now.

Right i should be getting my engine tomorrow does anyone have any pointers about this conversion i will be using a 1.9 gearbox can i use the 205 driveshafts?
what clutch cable should i run??
any other little things i meed to know? I know a few people have done this before.
Thanks given by:
yeah was some time ago now Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Just a wee update i have now got my boost gauge,1.9 engine and gearbox, new droplinks, track rod ends and just won a td04 turbo. will get some pics when its a bit better weather out lol. just gotta wait for my mate to get his golf out of the garage then i can get on with ot lol.
Does anybody know if there is any way of fitting gti arches on as the base models aparently have double skin arches?? if i bond them on with tiger seal will they sit right??
Thanks given by:
Ive been looking into putting the gti trim on the non gti models, the rear arches will have to be cut back a bit to line up with the gti trims. But like you said it is double skinned so some people fold the outer layer inside to cover the gap.
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php...pic=125628
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
That dont look to bad to do. I have a gti kit here so ill put it up against the car to see how much needs to be cut off. But a the minuite i need to get the engine on and running right lol.
Thanks given by:
Recieved the td04 today £41 posted from ebay Big Grin aparently only done 33k aswell has no play atall.

pic of the engine aswell

also got a saxo powersteering pump aswell for £20Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looking good. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Would'nt bother with gti arches, the gti shell is different at the rear aches and the front wings are abit different too, if you fit gti suspension it should be fine, just run 45 profiles on the 15''s.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, GTI's actually have slightly different shells to make them able to run larger fatter wheels with the wider suspension. So underneath the arches they have a much higher arch. It is possible to cut they down but I wouldn't do it personally.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
are you running p/s atm or converting,much involved in converting,could you not use the 306 p/s pump??
Thanks given by:
It is running power steering atm the pump is run off of the camshaft which means the high pressure pump isnt that long so the pump will sit just above the gearbox. Iam going to use the 1.8 aux belt setup because of clearence issues at the front of the engine. Its easy enough to convert to use the saxo pump.

(31-01-2013, 09:24 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Yeah, GTI's actually have slightly different shells to make them able to run larger fatter wheels with the wider suspension. So underneath the arches they have a much higher arch. It is possible to cut they down but I wouldn't do it personally.

The arches are just a maybe atm main thing is to get the 1.9 in, turbo on and suspention and all up and running.

What gearbox are you running atm? I am going to run the 1.9 box do i need to get a be1 gearbox clutch cable?
Thanks given by:
Go for it the gti arches they look alot better than flat Big Grin
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I'm running a 306 1.9 box. The standard clutch cable is fine but is quite long so needs spacing/bodging lol. I think the later 306's have an electronic speedo (?) so be sure you use a PH1 box.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 10:37 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: I'm running a 306 1.9 box. The standard clutch cable is fine but is quite long so needs spacing/bodging lol. I think the later 306's have an electronic speedo (?) so be sure you use a PH1 box.

I think the only difference with the gearbox is the speedo drive. I have a cable speedo drive and pit that in and it should be fine i hope lol.Dodgy
Thanks given by:
does anyone know if i can use the turbo maniold off of the 1.8 because i have 2 other manifolds but they both have egr valves on and it looks rather difficult to mount the td04 onto.
Thanks given by:
You're going to need to adapt the turbo to fit, no matter what; you won't be able to bolt the turbo straight on to any manifold; either manifold would suffice but i'd continue with the 1.9 manifold as it's already a fit to the block.

Looks interesting anyway Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
i know that i need to adapt it to fit but the manifolds i have have egr valves and looks more awkward to fit than a non egr manifold. when i have been looking for info i have only seen people with non egr manifolds.
the 205 manifold dosent have an egr so i wondered if that would fit lol
Thanks given by:
Just chop and weld over the EGR - it's not really needed...

I can't say i've seen a 205 1.8DT manifold so i couldn't tell you - if you can grab some pictures?
Thanks given by:
well i haven taken it off yet lol. the car is sitting outside atm because my mate has his mk2 golf in there. if i knew the manifold would fit id take it off the engine but if im nt sure i aint gonna lol. ill prob just chop off the egr and play with that lol. how difficult is it to weld up cast?
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 10:29 AM)aggyj17 Wrote: well i haven taken it off yet lol. the car is sitting outside atm because my mate has his mk2 bum poker in there. if i knew the manifold would fit id take it off the engine but if im nt sure i aint gonna lol. ill prob just chop off the egr and play with that lol. how difficult is it to weld up cast?

i wouldn't know - i paid £10 my welder to just weld a plate over. took him minutes.
Thanks given by:
I think its about time for a little update on this.
i got a new clutch through the post the other day

also recieved a adaptor for a fmic

still havent got it in the garage yet but should be in the next week. My mate has still got the golf in there he has just painted a few bits on it just need to put the glass in and then it can go outside and the 205 can go in Big Grin
Thanks given by:
looking good chap...I have a sweet spot for 205s...

how much was the adapter?? and the xud9 engine?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I bought the adapter off a member on here paid £35 posted. I got the engine from eBay has 85k looks real tidy engine got it for £125 posted, I have a intercooler in the shed just need to get the pipes.

I want to do the head gasket and I still need to get a cam belt kit aswell then hopefully the engine will be readyBig Grin
Thanks given by: