Electrical Issues - RCL and Heater Blower

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical Issues - RCL and Heater Blower
Having a couple of issues, firstly my remote central locking isn't work. Can lock everything just fine by putting the key in the door but not using the fob. I thought it was the battery as it was being intermittent on Wednesday before stopping completely. Changed the battery but that hasn't done anything.

Any ideas? It's a Ph3 with an RF fob. Had the windscreen changed on Wednesday but I'm not sure that makes a difference.

Other issue is the heater fan, the knob sometimes controls the speed, most of the time it doesn't though and it will randomly come on and off as you go down the road. Again, a Ph3 with climate control(I think, it has auto on the fan settings and 21 on the temp) AC has been removed.

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Very odd, it worked perfectly the whole time I had it, wouldn't be surprised if its something to do with the windscreen, do the auto wipers etc work?

With regard to the blower, I also asked about this but apparently it's meant to do it (climate control)

Hope you're looking after it! I miss her Sad
Thanks given by:
The blower motor sounds the same as mine!! Broken wires at the plug where passengers kick it!
Thanks given by:
With regards to the CL, look in the guides section and you will find a guide on how to resync the key. They can sometimes go out of sync if pressed out of range.
The blower motor, the speed will change if you have it set to auto.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The speed changes on auto but it shouldnt be altered by bumps in the road which I think he meant?
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 05:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Very odd, it worked perfectly the whole time I had it, wouldn't be surprised if its something to do with the windscreen, do the auto wipers etc work?

With regard to the blower, I also asked about this but apparently it's meant to do it (climate control)

Hope you're looking after it! I miss her Sad

Auto wipers still work fine it seems but I don't see why it would stop because of the windscreen Huh

(13-01-2013, 07:36 PM)Niall Wrote: With regards to the CL, look in the guides section and you will find a guide on how to resync the key. They can sometimes go out of sync if pressed out of range.
The blower motor, the speed will change if you have it set to auto.

Not set to auto as I prefer to do it myself, it just seems to have a mind of it's own.

(13-01-2013, 07:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The speed changes on auto but it shouldnt be altered by bumps in the road which I think he meant?

You might be onto something regarding it changing on bumps.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd say more than likely a loose/broken wire.

Mine was great this morning, started the car at -4c and it blew frozen in at full blast while I was trying to warm it up and defrost the windows, then bumped down the kerb off my drive and the bloody thing stopped altogether....so it was freezing cold and no inside de-misting.....brilliant haha!
Thanks given by:
I tried the guide for re-syncing the key, didn't do anything :/
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater blower issues Dturbo john 5 2,656 13-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Heater Blower Issues MY95 7 3,289 06-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Electrical woes bashbarnard 13 2,942 06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard