Exhaust..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust..
So hopefully, next week when my veg FINALLY runs out and i fill up with £20 of derv, I'll have my car properly tuned and running about 120-135bhp. Hopefully.

Anyway, apart from me needing a splitter, de-wipering and rear window tint.. I want to focus on more performance.

Teh Exhaust.

At the moment its standard, back box, mid box and cat. not too sure about this 'egr' thing, but Im assuming its exhaust related. If its causing me restrictions, its going.

Now, the bit where I need advice is about the exhaust system it self.

I see myself with these options...

1) buy a full system from front to back straight through with a back box for mega monies.

2) remove old system, cut open boxes and take the crap out of them, reweld and put back on.

3) remove system, cut off boxes(except back box), replace with steel piping.

Rather ignorant in this. You may suggest this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLAMER-KIT-FLA...4ac014f0e5

and ill probably go ahead with it.

What do you guys think?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't spend a fortune on a new system, I got my cat cut out and a new bit of pipe welded in, removed the back box and put the mid box at the back. Flows quite nicely. I also have a modified downpipe for extra flow, and noise..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 01:08 PM)Ricky Wrote: I wouldn't spend a fortune on a new system, I got my cat cut out and a new bit of pipe welded in, removed the back box and put the mid box at the back. Flows quite nicely. I also have a modified downpipe for extra flow, and noise..

whats the benefit of putting mid box at the back?
Thanks given by:
No idea, it did sound different somehow.. I just did it so it looks like a back box.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
whats with the link for the flamer kit? flamer kits dont work on diesels
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 01:11 PM)RePT Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 01:08 PM)Ricky Wrote: I wouldn't spend a fortune on a new system, I got my cat cut out and a new bit of pipe welded in, removed the back box and put the mid box at the back. Flows quite nicely. I also have a modified downpipe for extra flow, and noise..

whats the benefit of putting mid box at the back?

It's less restrictive than the standard rear box
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Flamer kit was a joke :p

Less restrictive? What do you mean? If theres anything inside em, ill cut open and empty out anyway.
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough.

On my exhaust on my D turbo I just got a straight bit of pipe with a tip on it instead of the back box and that seems alright
Thanks given by:
get a pipe of an early DTurbo which doesn't have a cat in it £15-£35

Unplug green plug behind battery when engine is stone cold to de-egr

Get a race pipe for the middle from ebay £47

Take innards out of backbox or use midbox as backbox
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
I'd definitely start with a de-cat. They're cheap enough off e-bay and then let your imagination go crazy!

I've got no mid and back box and scrapped the insides out of the cat and put that on the back. Makes an awesome raspy noise Big Grin
Thanks given by: