Glow plugs :/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow plugs :/
Yes I know, another glow plug thread..

Can they really fail after 3 weeks? I wen't to start my car this morning, starts instantly then bangs about for a good minute, whilst covering the street in smoke! It also blows smoke rings!

Am a bit worried, it's the day after I started running full throttle with epic boost...
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah I bought some Beuro? Ones which lasted all of about a month!
So they can fail stupidly quick!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Seriously annoying, it started fine yesterday, but the temperature has dropped loads since yesterday. I bought Denso ones, not exactly cheap Sad

As long as its only the plugs and not something else broken from the extra boost.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 11:57 AM)Jake Wrote: Yeah I bought some Beuro? Ones which lasted all of about a month!

well Beru is OE mate and mine have been in a year and they're still bang on . . .unlucky maybe? . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 01:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 11:57 AM)Jake Wrote: Yeah I bought some Beuro? Ones which lasted all of about a month!

well Beru is OE mate and mine have been in a year and they're still bang on . . .unlucky maybe? . .Smile

Yeah wasnt slating the make.. As I have used them before and they were fine!
Just seems you am get some dud ones ..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
In my experience, BERU aren't great, NGK are wank, Bosch are the only ones I've had success with... I find its usually the thin end ones that are supposed to heat up fast are the ones that fail, the proper thick ones are fine..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Might be worth checking the glow plug relay if they have hone that quick. Get a meter on the plugs and make sure the voltage drops to zero after 20 seconds.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yea I've had ones faiil after a month or so! Ngk ones, they seem crap to mee but it was all I could get, I'd try changing them before looking further. There's various starting issues with 306s, mainly fuel and glowies!
Thanks given by:
If it was fuel, I doubt it would fire instantly like mine does. The relay clicks, when starting from cold I wait for the click and the dash lights get slightly brighter when they plugs cut off.

The main problem with this, is its actually quite embarrassing! This car has enough haters, this just adds fuel to fire, so to speak.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 01:34 PM)Ruan Wrote: In my experience, BERU aren't great, NGK are wank, Bosch are the only ones I've had success with... I find its usually the thin end ones that are supposed to heat up fast are the ones that fail, the proper thick ones are fine..

Im with ruan on this onee, bosch are the only ones iv bought that have lasted a decent amount of time, well worth the extra expence

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 sets of glow plugs in 3 months???? HELP wdoyle2410 4 2,428 31-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: wdoyle2410
  Glow plugs unscrew but can't be removed EdAppleton 15 3,572 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: EdAppleton
  Glow Plugs or what?! timpug 7 2,436 23-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Last Post: timpug