Tuning Stages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuning Stages
Wink 
Sorry if this has been asked before, I just couldnt find any info Smile

What are the stages of tuning on a DTurbo, what gets done on stage 1, stage 2 etc?
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 is adjusting the stock turbo and fuel pump.
Stage 2 is invariably a fmic, more often than not a slightly larger but still relatively cheap turbo, and maybe some mild pump modifications
Stage 3 is some decent money spent on the right turbo, and depending on what you're going for, further pump internals modification.
Stage 4 involves putting a large hole in the side of the block as the engine shits itself. And/or shitting your turbo. Depends largely on whether your car is a black hatchback or a white estate really...
stage 5 involves rebuilding a donor engine with forged rods and then stage 3 repeated, but has been known to end in nearly hydro locking the engine on its own oil.
Stage 6 involves supercharging it, then shitting the fuel pump
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 turn up the fuel pump..

The rest doesn't make sense, there's no set route.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2013, 10:09 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Stage 1 is adjusting the stock turbo and fuel pump.
Stage 2 is invariably a fmic, more often than not a slightly larger but still relatively cheap turbo, and maybe some mild pump modifications
Stage 3 is some decent money spent on the right turbo, and depending on what you're going for, further pump internals modification.
Stage 4 involves putting a large hole in the side of the block as the engine shits itself. And/or shitting your turbo. Depends largely on whether your car is a black hatchback or a white estate really...
stage 5 involves rebuilding a donor engine with forged rods and then stage 3 repeated, but has been known to end in nearly hydro locking the engine on its own oil.
Stage 6 involves supercharging it, then shitting the fuel pump

Ed in unfunny reply shocker.

That's like saying there's 16 stages of GTi tuning depending on how many valves have dropped lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ooh I think I touched a nerve! lol
Sorry pellowe, I forgot to include the bit about cooling the head gasket, or shitting 2 turbos in 3miles Tongue
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2013, 10:15 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Ooh I think I touched a nerve! lol
Sorry pellowe, I forgot to include the bit about cooling the head gasket, or shitting 2 turbos in 3miles Tongue

S'funny though, still went in a straight line.

I had images of you hanging out the window to balance weight distribution seen as some inconsiderate Peugeot apprentice built your car 12" shorter on one side.

BTW i'm not fancying your group buy, you have a history of picking poorly built parts. What happened with your last camber adjustable set? Didn't they put you in the back of another car? Or was it those bloody imaginary cyclists again?
Thanks given by:
Again Ruans right, after stage 1 it's all pretty much personal preference/what people can afford to spend on old french cars really. I mean Ruan has a upgrade turbo, 11mm pump but no FMIC where as I have a larger turbo, 9mm pump and a FMIC yet we're probably running similar peak power.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
stage 3 is best described as digging a massive hole in your driveway and pouring all the money you earn into it
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2013, 11:29 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: stage 3 is best described as digging a massive hole in your driveway and pouring all the money you earn into it

I thought that was known as 'Gti6 ownership'?
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 07:12 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 11:29 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: stage 3 is best described as digging a massive hole in your driveway and pouring all the money you earn into it

nah, gti6 ownership is more digging a vast network of tunnels and pits then filling it with money Itwasntme
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 11:45 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

nah, gti6 ownership is more digging a vast network of tunnels and pits then filling it with money Itwasntme

Nah, gti6 ownership is more driving with your eyes closed then blaming your write offs on imaginary cyclists.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 11:48 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Nah, gti6 ownership is more driving with your eyes closed then blaming your write offs on imaginary cyclists.

lmao
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 11:48 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 11:45 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Nah, gti6 ownership is more driving with your eyes closed then blaming your write offs on imaginary cyclists.

WOW Rofl
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by: