Seats from 3 door into 5 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seats from 3 door into 5 door
Alrite chaps,

As some of you may know, I have bought a gti6 from a friend to raid some parts off. I wanted the rear axle to rebuild for my gti6, but also wanted the cyclones and interior for my daily diesel runner.

I only want the seats as obviously the door cards wont work, but having a bit of a mission with the seats. The rear bench has different ways of attaching to the mechanism that allows you to fold seats down (if that makes any sense) so had to swap the covers over etc. Not too much of a problem, but then I went onto the front seats.

These seem to have different subframes and attach to the car in a different way. Is it possible to just swap the subframes from the seats over?

Has any one done this before? Surely there is some that have got rid of the old man interior from a 5 door, and put a shiny gti interior in?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated Smile

Thanks,
Chris
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
Youv done the correct thing with the rears.

But the front is a bit of a fiddle. 2 ways really.

1. Chop the sub frames up from both seats and do a bit of welding. Then 1 set of seats is fecked and the gti seats wont ever go in a 3 dr agen.

2. Do what i did. (but oposite way round 5drs into 3 ) is to make another bracket out of angle iorn and bolt it to the OE runner on the 3dr seat then bolt the angle iron to the car . This way it fits both.

Second thoughts option 2 may only work with 5dr into a 3dr and not 3dr into 5dr

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks mate Smile

Not fussed about them ever going back into a 3 door, so will probably go for the first option.

Cheers Smile
Chris

Thanks given by:
Try not to set the padding on fire when re welding , < i havent done this myself befor.............honest lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I put 3dr's into my 5dr, had to cut a bit of the subframe but then had no welding to do, only thing it left them sitting about an inch higher, which does make a big difference. After like 2 years I got fed up with the rocky 3dr seats so stripped them down and built them onto the 5dr frames, had to do a bit of welding there to get the supports right, but then obv the seats just bolted straight in.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
retrim the seats is your best option . . . i've put S16 3 door seats into my 5 door, i swapped the subframe on the front passenger seat but as said it makes it about an inch higher, the drivers seat it wasn't possible so i retrimmed it onto my old seat base . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Bit of a bump for this. I still have the gti seats sat in my house so finally doing something about it lmao

Does anyone have any pics or a bit of a guide I could follow?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Chris

Thanks given by:
Its hassle to put 3 door seats in a 5 door. I believe you can swap the sub frames. Should be easy.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 11:18 AM)SRowell Wrote: Its hassle to put 3 door seats in a 5 door. I believe you can swap the sub frames. Should be easy.

Yeah was told you can swap them over with some cutting and welding. Had a look yesterday and the two subframes are completely different, dont really know where to start! haha Sad
Chris

Thanks given by:
Dont need a welder at all. Ive got three door ones in mine. Smile

Back seats you remove the covers and put on the old metal back. And fronts you have to cut the old subframes and you have to make up two flat brakets for drivers seat. Ill see if I have pics of doing mine was gonna put a guide up. Will be at some point tonight though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 01:44 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Dont need a welder at all. Ive got three door ones in mine. Smile

Back seats you remove the covers and put on the old metal back. And fronts you have to cut the old subframes and you have to make up two flat brakets for drivers seat. Ill see if I have pics of doing mine was gonna put a guide up. Will be at some point tonight though

Care to put up some notes on what you did? Is it possible to just unbolt the whole lot and swap it over?

Edit:

Haha, didnt realise the bit under the line was a second post. Thought that was your sig when I glanced at it lol

Yeah a guide and pictures would be great, thanks Smile
Chris

Thanks given by:
No problem ill sort it out wheb I find the pics. Hopefully tonight.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealing interior door panel Mighty306 4 1,879 25-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 884 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  5 door phase 3 interior parts for sale Teeharv 1 2,111 15-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Teeharv