rev counter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rev counter
ive had a search and cant seem to find an answer! i know a lot of people just leave the rev counter not working but i have a bit of a problem with fixing things everything has to work! lol after having a look the other day the crank sensor is only pulse so the feed must come from the alternator but i cant find a break or loose connection is it possible for the cluster to be faulty?
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 02:20 PM)Dale Wrote: ive had a search and cant seem to find an answer! i know a lot of people just leave the rev counter not working but i have a bit of a problem with fixing things everything has to work! lol after having a look the other day the crank sensor is only pulse so the feed must come from the alternator but i cant find a break or loose connection is it possible for the cluster to be faulty?

The tacho sensor that pokes into the fly casing can brake fairly easily. I've had to replace mine and one on a friends car. It's not hard or expensive but it's rather a pain in the ass if you only have the car on axle stands rather than a ramp or pit.

I'd try replacing that cable before anything else.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
flywheel casing? i have a spare crank pulse sensor that i know works ive changed that with know result i cant say i looked that closely but i didnt see any other sensors?
Thanks given by: