Crank pulley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crank pulley
Has anyone had one fail? I have noticed a bad noise and vibration at certain low revs which I thought was the exhaust hitting the subframe, until I inspected it tonight and realised the noise was coming from the pulley.

Also, how tight is the aux belt supposed to be? I can twist mine about 40-45 degrees at the longest length.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I had the woodruff key go on my crank pulley after I did a cambelt change, car was missfiring (felt like) on tickover big time. Cost about £30 for the pulley and key from Peugeot.
Thanks given by:
£30 isn't bad, was expecting 3x that from a dealer.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sure its not the aux belt tensioner?
Thanks given by:
Yeah woodruff was £6, and the pulley was £25ish, I did get it at trade price though, normally 20% more than that.
Thanks given by:
Just had a look, OEM quality one at eurocarparts is £66ish. I need to replace the tensioner to, spray that with WD40 and it stops squeeling, but the knock is still there.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 12:13 AM)Ricky Wrote: Just had a look, OEM quality one at eurocarparts is £66ish. I need to replace the tensioner to, spray that with WD40 and it stops squeeling, but the knock is still there.
Some parts are more expensive to buy from Motor Factors etc than to buy from Peugeot btw
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 12:18 AM)Dicky Wrote:
(31-12-2012, 12:13 AM)Ricky Wrote: Just had a look, OEM quality one at eurocarparts is £66ish. I need to replace the tensioner to, spray that with WD40 and it stops squeeling, but the knock is still there.
Some parts are more expensive to buy from Motor Factors etc than to buy from Peugeot btw

Guess there's very little chance in them having one in though.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Give it a try. You'll be surprised why they have in stock or how quickly they can get it in stock
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
They had one in stock when I asked, had it within the hour
Thanks given by:
Well i've fitted my spare one from my old engine, it's much better, no knocking. I will get a new one when funds allow!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crank pulley help Cbray2003 2 908 30-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Cbray2003